RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Covid and the National league (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116849-covid-national-league.html)

rob_1072 9th January 2021 16.34:47

Covid and the National league

Haven’t seen this discussed before but has it been published what will happen regarding promotion and relegation if the league is suspended due to covid?

Will it be like last year and go by projected points total or declared null and void?

I’m assuming this was planned before the season kicked off and clubs would have been informed. Just curious as more and more games seem to be getting called off.

dagg 9th January 2021 16.41:20

Re: Covid and the National league

[QUOTE=rob_1072;2425293]Haven’t seen this discussed before but has it been published what will happen regarding promotion and relegation if the league is suspended due to covid?

Will it be like last year and go by projected points total or declared null and void?

I’m assuming this was planned before the season kicked off and clubs would have been informed. Just curious as more and more games seem to be getting called off.[/QUOTE]

I think if they suspend it now, it should be Null and Void

-luke 9th January 2021 16.42:00

[QUOTE=dagg;2425297]I think if they suspend it now, it should Null and Void[/QUOTE]

But does last seasons approach set a precedent

Haruki 9th January 2021 16.43:01

[QUOTE=rob_1072;2425293]Haven’t seen this discussed before but has it been published what will happen regarding promotion and relegation if the league is suspended due to covid?

I’m assuming this was planned before the season kicked off and clubs would have been informed. Just curious as more and more games seem to be getting called off.[/QUOTE]

It makes no sense to publish some “what if” Scenarios for something that may never happen

dagg 9th January 2021 16.47:26

[QUOTE=-luke;2425298]But does last seasons approach set a precedent[/QUOTE]

It was later in the season last time.

Willywill 9th January 2021 18.03:01

This season has been a waste of time. Cancel it now, pay up our players contracts and send them home.

cynprifathro 9th January 2021 18.04:09

End our management's contracts and start afresh!

rob_1072 9th January 2021 19.32:25

[QUOTE=Haruki;2425300]It makes no sense to publish some “what if” Scenarios for something that may never happen[/QUOTE]

To me with all the confusion and what if of last season it would be the sensible thing to do, even if they don’t announce it publicly. Especially as covid isn’t going anywhere soon and it was the reason for ending the season early last year.

138+NotOut 9th January 2021 19.38:24

Dover have played 10 games. They've got 34 games to play and 20 weeks to do it minus trophy games, bad pitches and further covid issues

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.23:02.