RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Patrick Jones (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116850-patrick-jones.html)

Rob Edwards 9th January 2021 20.52:17

Patrick Jones

Debut for Huddersfield today and assist to boot.Only 17,left Wrexham September 2019.
If we can get back into FL the local talent is there to recruit and develop for first team.

davewilli 9th January 2021 20.57:35

Re: Patrick Jones

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2425356]Debut for Huddersfield today and assist to boot.Only 17,left Wrexham September 2019.
If we can get back into FL the local talent is there to recruit and develop for first team.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, R&R will finance starting an academy and fulfill that ambition of Flynnie & Cliff Sear.

Rob Edwards 9th January 2021 21.39:36

[QUOTE=davewilli;2425357]Hopefully, R&R will finance starting an academy and fulfill that ambition of Flynnie & Cliff Sear.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, talent is there.Add Scott Butler and Cian Williams at Swansea,Charlie Caton and Louis Lloyd at Shrewsbury .Could have been local spine of team for years to come as they were all on our books.

WxmWynno 9th January 2021 22.22:08

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2425366]Exactly, talent is there.Add Scott Butler and Cian Williams at Swansea,Charlie Caton and Louis Lloyd at Shrewsbury .Could have been local spine of team for years to come as they were all on our books.[/QUOTE]

When I read the list of names that we had on our books as a youngster, it’s quite sad that they are no longer at the club. Whilst I appreciate the clubs they are at are higher up in the FL, but surely the odd 1 or 2 could have stayed with us (with the right support and mentoring) and become the spine of the team...

It would be great to bring back the reserves team and re-establish the COE back to its former glory
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Rob Edwards 9th January 2021 23.20:06

[QUOTE=WxmWynno;2425371]When I read the list of names that we had on our books as a youngster, it’s quite sad that they are no longer at the club. Whilst I appreciate the clubs they are at are higher up in the FL, but surely the odd 1 or 2 could have stayed with us (with the right support and mentoring) and become the spine of the team...

It would be great to bring back the reserves team and re-establish the COE back to its former glory
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Requires a board actually with interest in youths - since Don and Barry left it has been neglected horrendously.Money though for painting the tunnel and new seats in Tech End 2018 which not sure have ever been used.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 9th January 2021 23.21:39

When we look back at WST ownership, peering through the failure on the pitch.The non existent youth policy could well be it's defining failure

aussiejackoinsaudi 9th January 2021 23.38:23

Sad that those in charge have shown no interest ii a youth policy. Hard to believe that they think they know what they are doing. Pathetic.

standman 10th January 2021 00.10:38

Currently any young player would have to move to have a career in football, most adult professionals take a step backwards while here so what chance does a young player have of learning.

redavid 10th January 2021 07.49:10

[QUOTE=WxmWynno;2425371]When I read the list of names that we had on our books as a youngster, it’s quite sad that they are no longer at the club. Whilst I appreciate the clubs they are at are higher up in the FL, but surely the odd 1 or 2 could have stayed with us (with the right support and mentoring) and become the spine of the team...

[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Been saying it for years , dumping our Reserve side was a big mistake , to many players and youngsters inactive for long periods, not getting game time , and those coming back from injury ,
Keates had no time for youngsters , Jordan Davies and Leo Smith are perfect examples of Keates lack of interest . and the WST policies.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.19:42.