Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th January 2021, 21.52:17   #1-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Patrick Jones

Debut for Huddersfield today and assist to boot.Only 17,left Wrexham September 2019.
If we can get back into FL the local talent is there to recruit and develop for first team.
Old 9th January 2021, 21.57:35   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: mold road
Real Name: dave williams
Twitter: @





Default Re: Patrick Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Debut for Huddersfield today and assist to boot.Only 17,left Wrexham September 2019.
If we can get back into FL the local talent is there to recruit and develop for first team.
Hopefully, R&R will finance starting an academy and fulfill that ambition of Flynnie & Cliff Sear.
Old 9th January 2021, 22.39:36   #3-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Patrick Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Hopefully, R&R will finance starting an academy and fulfill that ambition of Flynnie & Cliff Sear.
Exactly, talent is there.Add Scott Butler and Cian Williams at Swansea,Charlie Caton and Louis Lloyd at Shrewsbury .Could have been local spine of team for years to come as they were all on our books.
Old 9th January 2021, 23.22:08   #4-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Exactly, talent is there.Add Scott Butler and Cian Williams at Swansea,Charlie Caton and Louis Lloyd at Shrewsbury .Could have been local spine of team for years to come as they were all on our books.
When I read the list of names that we had on our books as a youngster, it’s quite sad that they are no longer at the club. Whilst I appreciate the clubs they are at are higher up in the FL, but surely the odd 1 or 2 could have stayed with us (with the right support and mentoring) and become the spine of the team...

It would be great to bring back the reserves team and re-establish the COE back to its former glory
Posted via mobile theme
Old 10th January 2021, 00.20:06   #5-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Patrick Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by WxmWynno View Post
When I read the list of names that we had on our books as a youngster, it’s quite sad that they are no longer at the club. Whilst I appreciate the clubs they are at are higher up in the FL, but surely the odd 1 or 2 could have stayed with us (with the right support and mentoring) and become the spine of the team...

It would be great to bring back the reserves team and re-establish the COE back to its former glory
Posted via mobile theme
Requires a board actually with interest in youths - since Don and Barry left it has been neglected horrendously.Money though for painting the tunnel and new seats in Tech End 2018 which not sure have ever been used.
Old 10th January 2021, 00.21:39   #6-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero
 
Wrexham's Patrick Bateman's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Patrick Jones

When we look back at WST ownership, peering through the failure on the pitch.The non existent youth policy could well be it's defining failure
__________________
Always right... FACT
Old 10th January 2021, 00.38:23   #7-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: Ian Darlington
Twitter: @





Default Re: Patrick Jones

Sad that those in charge have shown no interest ii a youth policy. Hard to believe that they think they know what they are doing. Pathetic.
Old 10th January 2021, 01.10:38   #8-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Patrick Jones

Currently any young player would have to move to have a career in football, most adult professionals take a step backwards while here so what chance does a young player have of learning.
Old 10th January 2021, 08.49:10   #9-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Patrick Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by WxmWynno View Post
When I read the list of names that we had on our books as a youngster, it’s quite sad that they are no longer at the club. Whilst I appreciate the clubs they are at are higher up in the FL, but surely the odd 1 or 2 could have stayed with us (with the right support and mentoring) and become the spine of the team...

It would be great to bring back the reserves team and re-establish the COE back to its former glory
Posted via mobile theme
Been saying it for years , dumping our Reserve side was a big mistake , to many players and youngsters inactive for long periods, not getting game time , and those coming back from injury ,
Keates had no time for youngsters , Jordan Davies and Leo Smith are perfect examples of Keates lack of interest . and the WST policies.
Old 10th January 2021, 09.15:05   #10-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
louisleftboot's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Patrick Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by redavid View Post
Been saying it for years , dumping our Reserve side was a big mistake , to many players and youngsters inactive for long periods, not getting game time , and those coming back from injury ,
Keates had no time for youngsters , Jordan Davies and Leo Smith are perfect examples of Keates lack of interest . and the WST policies.
On the flip side, would any manager aiming for promotion start playing a load of first year youth lads and expect results? We can be honest with ourselves and say the absolute cream of the crop would get pinched much lower leaving us with the likes of Rob Evans, Leo Smith, Reynolds etc. I don’t think any manager would have put faith in them to win promotion. And you’re right, dumping the reserve team was a mistake but we’ve been geared towards promotion at any cost.

I’m not defending the youth policy under the Trust but let’s not pretend we’re in the position to start filling the team with 17 years olds. If a championship team comes in for a 12 year old, what can a conference team do? Hold them off for a couple of years? Maybe now we have the cash to keep them.
__________________
Quote:
Dean said “Alrite” Anyway he sat down and all the others did too, and I was standing, not offered a seat, altho saying that probably could of sat on a desk.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.39:12.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12