RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Devonte Redmond (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116855-devonte-redmond.html)

Alan Attack 14th January 2021 08.39:07

Re: Devonte Redmond

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2426317]But he's just one of many. There's been loads of players brought in and never been given a sniff of a chance and/or used correctly.
Its because the club is run by amateurs who are wholly incompetent and pretty much every managerial appointment has been a failure and has led us to where we are today.

It'll take a good few years for the cub to recover anything from the wreckage the WST has created. Even with money.
The problem goes much deeper than a player with an alleged dodgy attitude. That happens at clubs all the time.[/QUOTE]

Nothing a new manager and a few million won’t fix together with proper leadership off the field.

It’s a bit ironic really that when the Trust took over, there was a decent playing squad but the club was haemorrhaging money. Now the trust is selling up, they’re passing over the worst squad of players ever assembled but the balance sheet ain’t so bad (pre Covid).

I try and look for positives and the last 5 years has certainly been bereft of them but if the club had been run like a bag of shite financially then it’s improbable that R&R would be interested. Of course, I don’t know that for a fact but that’s what R&R said in their presentations...unless that was sucking up to Trust members!

harrypothead 14th January 2021 08.52:05

Out of every player in the squad Devonte is probably the most gifted and that is including Jarvis and Davies. Them three just named would and should walk into a team that was tactically more attacking. The issue we have is Keates and Darlington dont play attacking free flowing football, they keep it tight and defend and to be honest with you, they play a horrible tactic to watch. Before Keates we used to play the Wrexham way, we were a lot better to watch and played the game as it should be played. I hope that a new manager comes in and changes the style in which we play, so we are more attacking, play the ball on the floor, possession based team that makes things happen. Until that day happens, we will be watching a midfield of Harris and Young, both playing defensive midfield with no creativity at all, meaning our only hope is long ball over midfield into our strikers.

Keates has no idea and when he plays our creative midfielders he can only fit them in out wide. Probably our two best creative midfielders we have had whilst I was growing up were Peter Ward and Darren Ferguson, and both of them played in centre midfield.

So the answer to the question is its management choice, that's why our better players are not being put into the starting line up and we are watching crap football every week.

Alan Attack 14th January 2021 08.57:42

He’s the most gifted? How do you know? He might be.

Colonel D 14th January 2021 09.05:28

[QUOTE=harrypothead;2426326]Out of every player in the squad Devonte is probably the most gifted and that is including Jarvis and Davies. Them three just named would and should walk into a team that was tactically more attacking. The issue we have is Keates and Darlington dont play attacking free flowing football, they keep it tight and defend and to be honest with you, they play a horrible tactic to watch. Before Keates we used to play the Wrexham way, we were a lot better to watch and played the game as it should be played. I hope that a new manager comes in and changes the style in which we play, so we are more attacking, play the ball on the floor, possession based team that makes things happen. Until that day happens, we will be watching a midfield of Harris and Young, both playing defensive midfield with no creativity at all, meaning our only hope is long ball over midfield into our strikers.

Keates has no idea and when he plays our creative midfielders he can only fit them in out wide. Probably our two best creative midfielders we have had whilst I was growing up were Peter Ward and Darren Ferguson, and both of them played in centre midfield.

So the answer to the question is its management choice, that's why our better players are not being put into the starting line up and we are watching crap football every week.[/QUOTE]
He is a skilful player but avoids any form of physical contact such as tackles or headers , so in midfield he is a luxury we can’t afford.
If he was decent he would have been snapped up on loan by somebody.

moynkeepthefaith 14th January 2021 09.09:15

[QUOTE=harrypothead;2426326]Out of every player in the squad Devonte is probably the most gifted and that is including Jarvis and Davies. Them three just named would and should walk into a team that was tactically more attacking. The issue we have is Keates and Darlington dont play attacking free flowing football, they keep it tight and defend and to be honest with you, they play a horrible tactic to watch. Before Keates we used to play the Wrexham way, we were a lot better to watch and played the game as it should be played. I hope that a new manager comes in and changes the style in which we play, so we are more attacking, play the ball on the floor, possession based team that makes things happen. Until that day happens, we will be watching a midfield of Harris and Young, both playing defensive midfield with no creativity at all, meaning our only hope is long ball over midfield into our strikers.

So the answer to the question is its management choice, that's why our better players are not being put into the starting line up and we are watching crap football every week.[/QUOTE]

Gifted he may be but committed i never saw last season. I dont give a toss about tactics - you can want the ball and get it and i never saw that. As said i can only hope that a management structure that knows how to manage players and their ego's can get something from him otherwise get rid.

reggae boy 14th January 2021 09.39:23

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2426331]Gifted he may be but committed i never saw last season. I dont give a toss about tactics - you can want the ball and get it and i never saw that. As said i can only hope that a management structure that knows how to manage players and their ego's can get something from him otherwise get rid.[/QUOTE]

Get rid indeed,a disgraceful performance away v Chorley last season,he didn't even try

CRUMBS 14th January 2021 09.42:07

Well his father was enthusiastic on him joining , but seems he has no influence on his lads playing ability .

Redordead 14th January 2021 09.44:59

He’s probably still crying that Man Utd released him

[url]https://twitter.com/asticky1still/status/1343643360356085761?s=21[/url]

evilelfed 14th January 2021 09.54:05

It's not form why he has been dropped out of sight (if it was there a lot of other contenders).
He probably does not run enough in training. One rumour I heard is that if you don't run enough in training you don't get picked regardless of previous performance in actual games. DK is obsessed with stats and picks teams based on who has ran the furthest in training sessions.
Explains one particular regular!!
Another one is that he apparently he sends the squad on 12k runs on days before matches - if true I think it needs pointing out to DK that they are training for a ruddy football match not a marathon. Gary Bennett would have never got in a DK side.
I will emphasise that I have heard the above 3rd hand and cannot confirm if true - but it does explain a lot.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.44:16.