RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Devonte Redmond (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116855-devonte-redmond.html)

Aussie_Red 14th January 2021 13.09:06

Re: Devonte Redmond

[QUOTE=petered;2426422][Trump]is banned from Twitter because he upset some people. Crazy world.[/QUOTE]
Really? [I]That[/I] is your take on what happened and why his account was revoked?:eek:

LlayDragon 14th January 2021 13.12:46

[QUOTE=petered;2426422]Afraid of offending people unfortunatley. We live in a world of snowflakes. Like I read last week,Trumpy boy has the code to nuclear weapons but is banned from Twitter because he upset some people. Crazy world.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the generals would be too keen to follow that order.

But hey you're just trolling anyway.

Prodigal Dragon 14th January 2021 13.20:42

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2426430]I don't think the generals would be too keen to follow that order.

But hey you're just trolling anyway.[/QUOTE]

It’s a serious question, IMHO.

There is a vast difference between Trump authorizing a pre-emptive strike on Iran and his responding to the launch of a tactical nuke by North Korea. Both unlikely, but an outside chance of the latter.

But both have more chance than Keates selecting Redmond to start on Saturday. He is too tall, has too much ability, but doesn’t run around like a headless chicken who is one tackle away from a straight Red.

Lord Derfyl Cadarn 14th January 2021 13.39:42

[QUOTE=Beavon from heaven;2426307]What’s everyone’s thoughts on him and does anyone know if it’s down to attitude or something like that why he isn’t getting picked surely he offers more than an overweight dwarf and Rutherford. And if he isn’t in keates plans why hasn’t he looked to move him on for a loan spell etc. There’s a player there and once again we’ve failed to see anything from him and now he’s completely frozen out the team, what would you do with him?[/QUOTE]

Why do you think you can call someone an overweight dwarf ?

Would you insult him if he was black ?

Lods 14th January 2021 13.40:47

I like Redmond but he's player who needs to be played in a certain way to get the most out of him.

Him, Jarvis and Davies are similar in that you can tell they've all been on the books of a Premier League-level academy (I know Stoke were relegated in Jarvis' case but he was there during their stint in the top flight) but Keates' tactics remind me of watching pub teams or Sunday league games where that style of play doesn't really fit. It's why a change in management needs to be a priority for R&R - it's all well and good having the talent but if they're not played to their strengths you may as well go for less talented players but whose strengths are hoofball.

TWREX 14th January 2021 13.55:59

[QUOTE=Lods;2426442]I like Redmond but he's player who needs to be played in a certain way to get the most out of him.

Him, Jarvis and Davies are similar in that you can tell they've all been on the books of a Premier League-level academy (I know Stoke were relegated in Jarvis' case but he was there during their stint in the top flight) but Keates' tactics remind me of watching pub teams or Sunday league games where that style of play doesn't really fit. It's why a change in management needs to be a priority for R&R - it's all well and good having the talent but if they're not played to their strengths you may as well go for less talented players but whose strengths are hoofball.[/QUOTE]

We all know what needs to be done. Let’s just hope R&R are on the same wavelength.

Sean Reckless 14th January 2021 13.56:06

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2426380]I'm all for putting the boot into Keates however, if you want players in your team who are not going to put the requisite effort then we're going to continue to struggle.

.[/QUOTE]

And if you have players with effort but limited ability the same can be said.

LlayDragon 14th January 2021 14.30:39

[QUOTE=Sean Reckless;2426450]And if you have players with effort but limited ability the same can be said.[/QUOTE]

Let's be honest though, if Redmond had put in half the effort of players Rutherford he'd have shown-up far better.

Alan Attack 14th January 2021 14.59:07

[QUOTE=Sean Reckless;2426450]And if you have players with effort but limited ability the same can be said.[/QUOTE]

Who would win between a match of 11 Devonte Redmonds against 11 Paul Rutherfords...?

evilelfed 14th January 2021 15.12:30

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2426468]Who would win between a match of 11 Devonte Redmonds against 11 Paul Rutherfords...?[/QUOTE]

0 - 0 I reckon - DK would be pleased with that

podders 14th January 2021 15.14:28

[quote=alan attack;2426468]who would win between a match of 11 devonte redmonds against 11 paul rutherfords...?[/quote]

0-0

petered 14th January 2021 15.25:37

[QUOTE=Aussie_Red;2426429]Really? [I]That[/I] is your take on what happened and why his account was revoked?:eek:[/QUOTE]

Taken out of context. Sure you are not a journalist?
You omitted the comparison very cleverly.

petered 14th January 2021 15.26:47

[QUOTE=KT12 Exile;2426426]I'm talking about wanting local press to ask Keates more pressing questions. The two are not remotely comparable. I don't know anyone who would be offended by a local rag asking Keates 'what's the situation with Devonte Redmond, given our creative struggles going forward, it's a surprise to see him getting no game time'.[/QUOTE]

Fair point.

petered 14th January 2021 15.29:16

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2426430]I don't think the generals would be too keen to follow that order.

But hey you're just trolling anyway.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Not trolling. Well,at least I dont think so,dont use social media so dont really know the definition of trolling to be honest.
I don't use it purely because its not a true reflection of the real world.

petered 14th January 2021 15.34:31

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2426424]If for you in sighting a riot where 4 people died can be seen as causing 'upset' I rest my case on my earlier comment on another .

Not how I saw it,or anyone who is not taken in by the American democratic lead media. I dont read,watch or listen to any main stream media because I prefer to obtain the truth from unbiased sources. Wether that be about Trump,Farage or any other not cosying up to the left.

tokyored 14th January 2021 15.42:20

[QUOTE=petered;2426480]If for you in sighting a riot where 4 people died can be seen as causing 'upset' I rest my case on my earlier comment on another .

Not how I saw it,or anyone who is not taken in by the American democratic lead media. I dont read,watch or listen to any main stream media because I prefer to obtain the truth from unbiased sources. Wether that be about Trump,Farage or any other not cosying up to the left.[/QUOTE]

Unless that source is Devonte Redmond, can I suggest you take this off topic? :)

LlayDragon 14th January 2021 15.48:02

[QUOTE=petered;2426480][QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2426424]If for you in sighting a riot where 4 people died can be seen as causing 'upset' I rest my case on my earlier comment on another .

Not how I saw it,or anyone who is not taken in by the American democratic lead media. I dont read,watch or listen to any main stream media because I prefer to obtain the truth from unbiased sources. Wether that be about Trump,Farage or any other not cosying up to the left.[/QUOTE]

You're certainly trying your best today.

Oh, by the way, trolling is looking for a rise, needling etc.

P.S. What are your views on QAnon?

Aussie_Red 14th January 2021 15.52:56

[QUOTE=petered;2426474]Taken out of context. Sure you are not a journalist?
You omitted the comparison very cleverly.[/QUOTE]
Comparison? There was no comparison.
You stated he has nuclear weapon codes. Then you said he was banned from Twitter because he upset people.
[QUOTE=petered;2426474]“Trumpy boy has the code to nuclear weapons but is banned from Twitter because he upset some people. Crazy world.” [/QUOTE]

For the sake of clarity then, what exactly did you try to compare?
Is your argument that as president of the USA (with access to nuclear weapons) he should be allowed to say whatever he wants, annoy whoever he wants, and be allowed to violate private company’s terms of use? That he should be allowed to tell outright lies and spew baseless BS to incite insurrection, resulting in violence and people’s deaths? All this just because he has nuclear codes?
If you do that’s not a comparison at all. If that is your argument then own it, as insane as it is. It’s not not out of context at all. It’s nonsensical.

VivaPlasVegas 14th January 2021 16.01:08

[QUOTE=petered;2426480][QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2426424]If for you in sighting a riot where 4 people died can be seen as causing 'upset' I rest my case on my earlier comment on another .

Please furnish me with details on all these media sources cosying up to the left.

petered 14th January 2021 16.19:03

[QUOTE=VivaPlasVegas;2426491][QUOTE=petered;2426480]

Please furnish me with details on all these media sources cosying up to the left.[/QUOTE]

Would be a lot quicker to furnish you with who isn't!

sparky 14th January 2021 16.26:52

[QUOTE=reggae boy;2426342]Get rid indeed,a disgraceful performance away v Chorley last season,he didn't even try[/QUOTE]

Aldershot at home wasn't much better. Personally, I'd class him as a wage thief, another one.

VivaPlasVegas 14th January 2021 16.27:50

[QUOTE=petered;2426496][QUOTE=VivaPlasVegas;2426491]

Would be a lot quicker to furnish you with who isn't![/QUOTE]

That's a no then.

Lods 14th January 2021 16.33:20

[QUOTE=reggae boy;2426342]Get rid indeed,a disgraceful performance away v Chorley last season,he didn't even try[/QUOTE]

Didn't he score in that game?

cynprifathro 14th January 2021 16.44:46

FAO Media Team: Please show some stronger journalism traits and put this question to the manager:
Ref. Devonte Redmond: Can the manager fully explain why a player is being paid not to play on a long term basis?
cynprifathro: Red Passion
Real name/email supplied

petered 14th January 2021 17.40:55

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2426486][QUOTE=petered;2426480]

You're certainly trying your best today.

Oh, by the way, trolling is looking for a rise, needling etc.

P.S. What are your views on QAnon?[/QUOTE]

What is the relevance of that question? Thats a whole new ball game. Not one for here I'd say to be fair.

petered 14th January 2021 17.43:58

[QUOTE=VivaPlasVegas;2426500][QUOTE=petered;2426496]

That's a no then.[/QUOTE]

Fox! That is it in USA mainstream my friend.

louisleftboot 14th January 2021 18.02:11

‘Unbiased’ news sources like Breitbart, some blog and a guy with a YouTube channel then.

Dai83 14th January 2021 18.09:04

Petered replying to himself is brilliant.

Dai83 14th January 2021 18.11:45

[QUOTE=Dai83;2426526]Petered replying to himself is brilliant.[/QUOTE]

It is funny like.

petered 14th January 2021 19.19:35

[QUOTE=Dai83;2426527]It is funny like.[/QUOTE]

Haha...fake news.
Funny though,I'll take that.

Dai83 14th January 2021 20.05:53

[QUOTE=petered;2426532]Haha...fake news.
Funny though,I'll take that.[/QUOTE]

Good man.

NottsRed 14th January 2021 20.34:41

Looking at his stats were we actually sold a dud? He played 13 games for Salford scoring 2 goals (better than most our midfielders) but since coming here he has showed very little.

Question for me though is why did he stay in the Confrence when salford got promoted and he was offered a new deal? Pretty sure he was first choice for Salford in the PO final as well.

Rob Edwards 14th January 2021 22.08:25

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2426540]Looking at his stats were we actually sold a dud? He played 13 games for Salford scoring 2 goals (better than most our midfielders) but since coming here he has showed very little.

Question for me though is why did he stay in the Confrence when salford got promoted and he was offered a new deal? Pretty sure he was first choice for Salford in the PO final as well.[/QUOTE]

Posdibly we offered a higher salary than Salford.300k increase on the budget in 19/20 which I imagine was absorbed a lot by Redmond,Grant and increases for Lainton and Pearson.Looking at some in that squad do not think wide off the mark.

wrexhamforever16 14th January 2021 22.38:28

Honestly think there’s a big player on there, but no matter what he doesn’t fit in to Keatesball. Maybe he is a bad Apple, who knows but there’s 100% a footballer in there. He was levels above for Salford, that ability hasn’t just disappeared. Be interesting if a proper manager, who likes to play football on the floor comes in. I’d almost guarantee we’d see him so much more then.

Alan Attack 15th January 2021 08.35:13

[QUOTE=wrexhamforever16;2426563]Honestly think there’s a big player on there, but no matter what he doesn’t fit in to Keatesball. Maybe he is a bad Apple, who knows but there’s 100% a footballer in there. He was levels above for Salford, that ability hasn’t just disappeared. Be interesting if a proper manager, who likes to play football on the floor comes in. I’d almost guarantee we’d see him so much more then.[/QUOTE]

I hear what you say but it fall apart because he plays 5'6" Elliott Durrell. As I say, I am happy to put the boot into Keates but not on this issue. If the lad is a dick he has no place at this club.

jonesfach 15th January 2021 09.03:21

Hasn’t this been covered before? He’s got mental health issues which is a shame especially when I read some of the things on this thread. He has undoubtedly got ability it’s a big disappointment all round.

Phils-an-alki 15th January 2021 09.24:47

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2426581]Hasn’t this been covered before? He’s got mental health issues which is a shame especially when I read some of the things on this thread. He has undoubtedly got ability it’s a big disappointment all round.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure his mental health issue weren't common knowledge. I didn't know anyway.. Not sure they should be either unless he himself has talked about it..

FieldtownRed 15th January 2021 09.29:19

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2426586]Pretty sure his mental health issue weren't common knowledge. I didn't know anyway.. Not sure they should be either unless he himself has talked about it..[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115594-devonte-redmond-article-athletic.html[/url]

Phils-an-alki 15th January 2021 10.30:08

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2426587][url]http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115594-devonte-redmond-article-athletic.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Fair enough, I genuinely didn't know/remember.

For what its worth I too think there is a player in there somewhere.

FieldtownRed 15th January 2021 10.33:23

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2426632]Fair enough, I genuinely didn't know/remember.

For what its worth I too think there is a player in there somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I think that's true of most if not all of our players. They'd all improve under better management.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.57:30.