RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Devonte Redmond (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116855-devonte-redmond.html)

davewilli 14th January 2021 10.31:41

Re: Devonte Redmond

[QUOTE=joe;2426372]I rate him. He’ll do well at another club.[/QUOTE]

When DR has had his chances he hasn't impressed and has looked like he can only impose himself on a game if he is given a totally free role behind the striker(s) but even then he has struggled to get on the ball and make things happen. Durrell & Jarvis have looked better bets for that role but they haven't been consistent either so I guess currently the attacking midfield role is still very much up for grabs. DR would probaly benefit with a loan spell and is a victim of us not having a reserve team for him to find some confidence and form before being thrown into first team action.

Alan Attack 14th January 2021 10.35:27

[QUOTE=Sean Reckless;2426377]Read an article somewhere where Rashford said the player he most admired was redmond. He's not a keats player though, too skillful and not a 'hard worker'. The right management and system to play in and he will do well[/QUOTE]

I'm all for putting the boot into Keates however, if you want players in your team who are not going to put the requisite effort then we're going to continue to struggle.

It annoys me that too many players are giving an easy ride by supporters because it's easier to get at Dean Keates or Spencer Harris.

Again, it would be nice to know why Redmond is nowhere near the starting XI when so many fans have such a high opinion of him.

cynprifathro 14th January 2021 10.41:25

The manager needs to fully explain why a player is being paid not to play on a long term basis!

LlayDragon 14th January 2021 10.50:17

[QUOTE=Sean Reckless;2426377]Read an article somewhere where Rashford said the player he most admired was redmond. He's not a keats player though, too skillful and not a 'hard worker'. The right management and system to play in and he will do well[/QUOTE]

How many years ago did Rashford say that?

As I have said before I can't have more than a passing interest in the club whilst Keates and co remain, regardless of ownership.

Redmond has plumitted down the divisions, but I'm not convinced he's bottomed-out yet. Whether that would give him a kick up the arse or cause him to just drift out of the game remains to be seen.

KT12 Exile 14th January 2021 10.51:44

[QUOTE=cynprifathro;2426381]The manager needs to fully explain why a player is being paid not to play on a long term basis![/QUOTE]

While I'm not a fan of the manager or the club giving updates on every little thing, I do agree that it be good to hear Keates speak about Redmond. Given that he was a player who arrived to relative fanfare, to see him just seemingly disappear is really strange. The fact that we're struggling badly in the league (again) makes it more of a question to answer; if we were in the top 3, it wouldn't matter but given our position, you can't help but wonder 'would he really do any worse than the players we have playing at the moment'?

WrexhamO 14th January 2021 11.13:48

Whatever was the outcome of his transfer tribunal?

Cartman 14th January 2021 11.56:11

Journalists should have been asking about his absence for months

KT12 Exile 14th January 2021 12.00:06

[QUOTE=Cartman;2426410]Journalists should have been asking about his absence for months[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm just getting old and think that everything was 'better back in the day' but I swear that strong, quality journalism is a dying art now; so rarely seen. No-one seems to ask the tough questions anymore.

FieldtownRed 14th January 2021 12.26:45

[QUOTE=KT12 Exile;2426411]Maybe I'm just getting old and think that everything was 'better back in the day' but I swear that strong, quality journalism is a dying art now; so rarely seen. No-one seems to ask the tough questions anymore.[/QUOTE]

The local press are too busy interviewing ex-players for exclusive opinions about the takeover leading to exciting times for the club.....

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.23:50.