RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates team observing Covid protocols (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116859-keates-team-observing-covid-protocols.html)

Ddraigoch 15th January 2021 12.21:42

Keates team observing Covid protocols

[I]Manager Dean Keates will discuss with Wrexham's players the importance of observing Covid protocols.

Footballers have come under criticism for hugging in goal celebrations despite the pandemic.

While criticism has mainly been levelled at Premier League players, Keates is well aware of the responsibility at all levels.

"It's been highlighted this week and I'll have a conversation with the players," he said.

"I'll just say for them to be aware that if we [B][/B]score[B][/B] just to be mindful when celebrating.

Stopping players celebrating a 'joke', says Cardiff City boss Neil Harris
Covid-19 and football: Should players be hugging?
'It will be hard not to celebrate,' says player
"We have guidance away from the football pitch with protocols that we have in place, steps that the club do follow.

"We can't control everything but we trust the players as much as they can to adhere what we want from them."

Premier League clubs have been told to "stress the critical importance of adhering" to strengthened Covid protocols to their players.

Players and staff have been told to avoid "unnecessary contact" while "handshakes, high fives and hugs must be avoided".

EFL chief executive Trevor Birch wrote to clubs warning them against "complacency" over coronavirus protocols.

Wrexham will return to action at home to Dover Athletic on Saturday having had to isolate following two positive cases at the club which forced their last two games to be called off.

Saturday's game will be Wrexham's first since the 2-0 loss at Stockport County on 28 December after matches against Woking and Eastleigh were postponed.

Wrexham are 16th in the table but only three points off the play-off spots while Dover are bottom but having played less games than any other team in the National League.

"I don't think anybody more than Dover have been affected by Covid," Keates said.

"If they were up to the same number of games as everybody else then I'd imagine they would have a lot more points on the board."..[/I]

Can't see our players celebrating a goal any time soon :31:

Ex Limassol Red 15th January 2021 12.25:55

Re: Keates team observing Covid protocols

He mentioned “If we score” as opposed to what he should have said” When we score”

Sums him up really

willyheckerslike 15th January 2021 12.29:08

As our lot couldn't score in a brothel, this doesn't apply to us.

LMH23 15th January 2021 12.31:44

So Keatesball has been to prevent the spread of the virus all along. The man's a genius.

Ddraigoch 15th January 2021 12.32:51

[quote=lmh23;2426680]so keatesball has been to prevent the spread of the virus all along. The man's a genius.[/quote]

:d:d

BloodRed 15th January 2021 12.38:05

I think Keates has been misquoted. I think he actually said 'If, by some footballing miracle, we achieve the 0-0 draw I will set the team up to get I've asked the players not high five, rub, frott or heavy pet each other. Look obviously they'd be chuffed to bits with 0-0 but there is no place for frottage on the football field'

KT12 Exile 15th January 2021 12.40:15

Football is (or at least should be) a passionate game. The players aren't robots, you can't expect someone to bang in a last minute winner (N/A to us) and not celebrate. Of course they'll be high-fives and hugs, that's just how it is. Football and social distancing aren't possible. If it's an issue, then the season needs to be stopped immediately. This needs to be black and white, I don't think it's possible to meet in the middle here.

TopCornerFergie 15th January 2021 12.41:04

To avoid celebrations and ensure Wrexham remain COVID-compliant, we will have Jordan Davies in defensive mid and we'll be starting three of our strikers

cynprifathro 15th January 2021 15.07:05

Keates always acting reactively, rarely if ever, proactively!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.34:02.