Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th January 2021, 07.59:30   #19-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: How on earth is Dean Keates still manager?

The longer he stays the more likely I think they’ll just let his contract run out at the end of the season. Then they can simply replace the mgmt team without worrying about sackings and pay offs.
Old 16th January 2021, 08.03:32   #20-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

If you think about it would they really think Keates is capable of taking this club anywhere at all , I doubt it , no way has he anywhere near what's required to take this club forward . The only thing they can do is see how it goes from when they take over , but no way has Keates got a future here .
Old 16th January 2021, 08.33:47   #21-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Inept and embarrassing performances all season but no accountability.
Money no excuse - always gardening leave.
Cannot imagine Ryan & Rob would have objected to Mr Keates leaving the building before their arrival.
Clearly you didn't see the much improved second half performance at Stockport. It would be madness to sack a manager off the back of such a display.

Can't wait to see what system the little genius sets up with today. Maybe three centre backs who can't fathom what they are supposed to be doing. Durrell pretending to be Juan Mata whilst blowing out of his arse after 10 minutes and the sublime Thomas up front. Maybe a little cameo from Jeffrey the jester with 10 minutes to go. Exciting times.
Old 16th January 2021, 08.44:23   #22-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldtownRed View Post
The longer he stays the more likely I think they’ll just let his contract run out at the end of the season. Then they can simply replace the mgmt team without worrying about sackings and pay offs.
You are probably right, but does that impact on our ability to have a good go next season? The new guy would have less time to get his team together
Posted via mobile theme
Old 16th January 2021, 08.48:30   #23-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Inept and embarrassing performances all season but no accountability.
Money no excuse - always gardening leave.
Cannot imagine Ryan & Rob would have objected to Mr Keates leaving the building before their arrival.
Let’s look at it another way, if you viewed a house to purchase and agreed a sale what would you do if the seller removed all the internal doors after agreement?
Having said that I have little interest until Bill and Ben and Little Weed have left the club.
Old 16th January 2021, 08.49:39   #24-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldtownRed View Post

I presume the managements contracts are till june 1st so surely it is not going to cost that much to sack them,many on here believe the Cowleys are coming in(Not a Chance)it would only cost the Cowleys wages for a week to get rid of them.
Old 16th January 2021, 09.10:50   #25-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWREX View Post
Let’s look at it another way, if you viewed a house to purchase and agreed a sale what would you do if the seller removed all the internal doors after agreement?
Having said that I have little interest until Bill and Ben and Little Weed have left the club.
If they was good I will be annoyed and complain, however if the doors were faulty, needed a lot of work and obviously replacing then it would be in my budget already and I would replace with far better.
Old 16th January 2021, 09.29:22   #26-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: any I can get !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
I presume the managements contracts are till june 1st so surely it is not going to cost that much to sack them,many on here believe the Cowleys are coming in(Not a Chance)it would only cost the Cowleys wages for a week to get rid of them.
Really can't see any changes til end of season, (whenever that ends up being) which I know will frustrate many on here, but surely the bottom line is that we will still be a very attractive proposition for many perspective managers come that day. I would absolutely love the Cowley brothers to be in charge myself like quite a few on here, and if they are still "available" come the day, there's no reason to think that they wouldn't be interested in the challenge, and yes they wouldn't come cheap, but that's because a la the reappointment of Keates, it used to cost more for a Frank Sinatra concert ticket than for a Chas & Dave gig !!!!
Keep the faith folks, change is undoubtedly coming
Old 16th January 2021, 09.59:20   #27-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
You are probably right, but does that impact on our ability to have a good go next season? The new guy would have less time to get his team together
Posted via mobile theme
Could they tell Keates his contract won’t be renewed and at the same time start to line up the new guy in advance of Keates leaving.

I’ve no idea whether it’s possible from an employment law perspective but surely some firms must do it with people on fixed term contracts - which is what Keates is on isn’t he?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.55:11.