RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Next three games (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116865-next-three-games.html)

Leighton Red 16th January 2021 17.33:23

Next three games

Chesterfield away
Halifax home
Kings Lynn away

Important win today I thought as we could have gone one of two ways...towards the bottom or kept in top half. Following that result where should we be after the next three?

I’m going for six points from the possible nine with results at home to Halifax and away at Kings Lynn.

Understand that we have let slip against some bottom sides Wealdstone, Alty etc.. but we’ve picked up points where we mightn’t have in the past Yeovil for instance.

Got a strange feeling we’ll be battling for playoffs despite not being worthy and we all know that the playoffs are a lottery. A real striker could make a big difference plus some training on how to defend set pieces (we are too short in midfield...simples). This said am desperate for Ponti to get a goal (any goal!), he has clearly lost confidence and just needs a break.

All of the above doesn’t matter who we have in the hot seat, these are my expectations/hopes.

dragon48 16th January 2021 17.37:36

Re: Next three games

[QUOTE=Leighton Red;2427354]Chesterfield away
Halifax home
Kings Lynn away

Important win today I thought as we could have gone one of two ways...towards the bottom or kept in top half. Following that result where should we be after the next three?

I’m going for six points from the possible nine with results at home to Halifax and away at Kings Lynn.

Understand that we have let slip against some bottom sides Wealdstone, Alty etc.. but we’ve picked up points where we mightn’t have in the past Yeovil for instance.

Got a strange feeling we’ll be battling for playoffs despite not being worthy and we all know that the playoffs are a lottery. A real striker could make a big difference plus some training on how to defend set pieces (we are too short in midfield...simples). This said am desperate for Ponti to get a goal (any goal!), he has clearly lost confidence and just needs a break.

All of the above doesn’t matter who we have in the hot seat, these are my expectations/hopes.[/QUOTE]
Surely a lot hangs on who is in the hot seat. We should be better than we are at the moment and I still think there are current players who just aren’t being coached/managed well enough.

bowler 16th January 2021 17.45:59

[QUOTE=Leighton Red;2427354]Chesterfield away
Halifax home
Kings Lynn away

All of the above doesn’t matter who we have in the hot seat, these are my expectations/hopes.[/QUOTE]

I'm going for nil points cos this team is rubbish

Catenaccio 16th January 2021 17.55:33

I would love the first game under our new owners to be against Stephen Cleeve and they spend some time in the documentary chronicling his brief flirtation with Wrexham.

Back of the Kop 16th January 2021 18.15:57

4 points, continuing our inconsistent season.

I don't think we've played well since the first half against Yeovil.

Sutton was a fluke against a team who weren't mentally at the races

We've been lucky in quite a few games as we've been mostly awful. Kind of gives you some confidence if we can get a couple of decent players in the next 2 weeks

pricey 16th January 2021 18.23:16

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2427373]4 points, continuing our inconsistent season.

I don't think we've played well since the first half against Yeovil.

Sutton was a fluke against a team who weren't mentally at the races

We've been lucky in quite a few games as we've been mostly awful. Kind of gives you some confidence if we can get a couple of decent players in the next 2 weeks[/QUOTE]

We just look bang average IMO. Some glimpses of talent: Lainton, RHJ in patches, Kelleher, Young, Yussef, Davies.

A decent striker, dominant centre half and midfield general would transform us, but does Keates have the minerals to sign them?

welshian 16th January 2021 18.25:16

[QUOTE=pricey;2427375]We just look bang average IMO. Some glimpses of talent: Lainton, RHJ in patches, Kelleher, Young, Yussef, Davies.

A decent striker, dominant centre half and midfield general would transform us, but does Keates have the minerals to sign them?[/QUOTE]

I wish we were bang average. That would be an improvement.

Teifi Red 16th January 2021 19.36:47

I think the next 7 games are vital. Why? Because that would take us to 22 league games. Half way mark.
If this virus continues to cause issues could they decide that the standings at 22 games played is the fairest way to decide the league?
Just a thought.

crazywelsh 16th January 2021 20.26:26

[QUOTE=Teifi Red;2427396]I think the next 7 games are vital. Why? Because that would take us to 22 league games. Half way mark.
If this virus continues to cause issues could they decide that the standings at 22 games played is the fairest way to decide the league?
Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

That won’t happen.

The covid situation is about to be met with the military joining in with the vaccination, there will be facility’s set up all around the country and by about May aslong as people actually go for the vaccine everything should be starting to come to normal.

We will finish the season, if it weren’t stopped in January this year it never will be.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.03:43.