RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Grandad47 (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/117025-grandad47.html)

Ddraigoch 11th February 2021 08.18:36

Grandad47

Supporters have been blinded by stars' money taken from the Letters page Leader Live
I have just read the devastating and tragic news of the completion of the sale of our local football club Wrexham AFC.
The headline reads 'It's a special day for the two of us'. However, what about the 29 true supporters who voted 'no' to the deal? Nobody has ever asked our opinion and why we voted that way.
The people of Wrexham who voted yes must now realise that the have sold and lost our local community club for ever, and appeared to have been taken in and dazzled by the names of Tinsel Town/Hollywood movie actors and of course the money.

The cash that will come into the team/club of course will help tremendously but to accomplish this they have sold the very thing, they should have fought harder to keep.

So what will these 1800 or so people who did vote to sell the club do now on a Saturday afternoon? Change their allegiance to rugby, cricket, shopping or Potter around in the garden?

As a supporter for over 66 years, a lifelong member of the WST (through the good and bad times), this sale has been a devastating blow to a once great football club name, who are just passing through a temporary low period in their history.

COYRs
Grandad47

Wind up or true feelings?
Here we go again true supporters
Lifelong supporter of the WST - tell me again, when was it established?

jacthelad 11th February 2021 08.29:09

Re: Grandad47

Another who cares about anything but the football at a football club.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Hometown Unicorn 11th February 2021 08.36:04

Completely and utterly selfish. He's seen us play in Europe, he's seen us beat Arsenal, he's seen us in the 2nd tier of English football, he's seen us play league matches against Newcastle & Chelsea, he's seen us reach the quarter final of the FA Cup on more than one occasion, he's seen players like Joey Jones, Mickey Thomas & Dixie McNeil dazzle the Cae Ras, he's seen our ground host a number of memorable Wales matches against the likes of Spain & USSR, he's seen us average crowds of over 10,000 and he's seen Ian Edwards put THAT goal past Derby.

There are a good number of supporters who have only ever seen Wrexham play in non-league with us having been here for a few years more than a decade, with the main things to cheer about coming from us being victorious in the Tinpot trophy (something which can be cancelled out by our loss to North Ferriby) and us taking the lead away at Stoke. The only Wales matches we have had up here in their lifetime being pointless friendlies against sides outside of the world's top 50 and the only cup upset they would have witnessed would be the away win at League One Brentford. There are a good number of fans who can't be much older than 16, making the 6 hour journey to the likes of Dover and Torquay on a regular basis who were still in a pram the last time we were promoted.

I don't doubt that there is a chance that this is a windup, but at the same time I understand there must be a section of the fanbase who think exactly like this. You may have witnessed the glory days of Wrexham AFC and are happy to see out your days watching Wrexham battle with pub teams such as Hayes & Yeading and Boreham Wood, but most of the fanbase are itching to see Wrexham reach the heights we reached in the late 1970s and to denounce them as non-supporters is quite frankly insulting.

CRUMBS 11th February 2021 08.36:20

Clueless comes to mind , he didn't know what was going on til he read it in a letter in the paper , so much for his local knowledge .

Alan Attack 11th February 2021 08.36:28

It's something I will have to live with.

Hightown Brymbo Red 11th February 2021 08.40:48

Grandad seems like a bundle of laughs!.
Dont suppose he gave his name to the letter ?

Wiltshire_Red 11th February 2021 08.45:06

We don’t agree with his comments, but he’s entitled to his view.

Time to move on and put all that behind us.

-luke 11th February 2021 08.46:08

I reckon that has to be a wind up surely

Hometown Unicorn 11th February 2021 08.46:18

[QUOTE=Wiltshire_Red;2438535]We don’t agree with his comments, but he’s entitled to his view.

Time to move on and put all that behind us.[/QUOTE]

He's entitled to his view, that doesn't mean we have to like it and that he can't be branded as a fool, which he quite clearly is.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.29:22.