Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th February 2021, 16.10:17   #73-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ryan Colclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswestryred View Post
I personally don't care if he's rogered. the team cat..if he can score goals he's on the team sheet
You may not, but I think our clean-cut new owners will.

Besides apart from injury, loss of form and suspension which can make a player unavailable/not useful do you really want being in trouble with law as another reason for a player not being on the pitch?
Old 11th February 2021, 16.35:14   #74-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
We probably need a good blend of quality National league players (who know the league, its style etc), up and coming youngsters hungry for the game and league level players for the extra skill and experience needed to get us up.

No harm in looking at National league level if the players are considered the best there is. Especially if it weakens our rivals.
If you are an above average league two player and never played non league you should p**s the national League the vast majority are semi professional at best, not good enough otherwise would be playing higher standard,the days of looking down are done be very disappointed if otherwise.
Old 11th February 2021, 19.29:14   #75-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Surely there will be enough winners on the pitch who don't seem like arseholes/potential trouble that we could entice now?

This is the sort of player we'd be going for when we had to take a chance on a signing. We should be able to attract more sure things now. You can be a winner and top player on the pitch whilst having a good character off it.
Old 11th February 2021, 21.31:23   #76-0 (permalink)
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by red under the bed View Post
The comments just coming out state there will be no splashing the cash on just anyone and adopting holistic approach..
I guess that's good business sense...bringing league players also means paying stupid wages too..Whitfield really stood out for me but you could see Kosylo and Colclough were good players at this level
I get your point, but stupid wages has now gone since covid, players are just happy to get a contract or face life on the dole you only have to see the players even at championship level without clubs these days. It's a clubs market and players will take a hit in the wage packet they have got to if it's work they want.
Old 11th February 2021, 22.21:18   #77-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Tech end

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverared View Post
Agreed. It's not rocket science in this league, two good pacy wingers can cause big problems.

I also think Alistair Smith would be worth a look at the centre mid.
Have to agree very composed on the ball not scared to put a tackle in and can impose himself on the game. SOMETHING WE ARE MISSING!!
Old 11th February 2021, 23.22:09   #78-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
I get your point, but stupid wages has now gone since covid, players are just happy to get a contract or face life on the dole you only have to see the players even at championship level without clubs these days. It's a clubs market and players will take a hit in the wage packet they have got to if it's work they want.
THe first day of covid lockdown in March Adam Rooney signed for Solihull moors on a 2 year contract for a undisclosed fee his wages at Salford £4000 a week I bet he did not take much of a pay cut.If we start a new season in August Iam sure the divisions big spenders will splash the cash again.
Old 11th February 2021, 23.24:02   #79-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Keates sees him as an ideal option at centre half
The next Knight-Percival.
Old 11th February 2021, 23.50:54   #80-0 (permalink)
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
THe first day of covid lockdown in March Adam Rooney signed for Solihull moors on a 2 year contract for a undisclosed fee his wages at Salford £4000 a week I bet he did not take much of a pay cut.If we start a new season in August Iam sure the divisions big spenders will splash the cash again.
Spot on Billy, and maybe you have to as a club sometimes pay top wages to give you that edge that one player is the difference between also ran and promotion, it worked for Salford, it's whether the two Rs are willing to gamble on a player that's usually above our pay grade,time will tell. Thinking about it best team ever we bought a spine 3 players, Dai Davies (rip) John Roberts, and Dixie, and I think all good teams have this in their mindset.
Old 12th February 2021, 07.35:50   #81-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
Spot on Billy, and maybe you have to as a club sometimes pay top wages to give you that edge that one player is the difference between also ran and promotion, it worked for Salford, it's whether the two Rs are willing to gamble on a player that's usually above our pay grade,time will tell. Thinking about it best team ever we bought a spine 3 players, Dai Davies (rip) John Roberts, and Dixie, and I think all good teams have this in their mindset.
with you here all the way B
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.23:05.