Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th February 2021, 10.24:50   #172-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: yale stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Developing Y Cae Ras

move, never and would oppose it whole heartedly.
The Yale stand, Tech end and the Kop were developed when the club were involved in a lease, absolutely no differance than now, however if R&R or whoever were to build a new 25,000 ground, then that may be differant, but the spiritual home is where we are convenient for everything
Old 20th February 2021, 10.30:15   #173-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by techender View Post

However, as raised elsewhere, another big issue with the Racecourse is the availability of car parking in the vicinity, and that one is a lot harder to solve.

Can you imagine the chaos a 15-20,000 crowd would bring if this issue isn't solved, especially as it's acknowledged by the new owners that we are looking to bring in fans from across North Wales.

You could hardly say they could get her on a train or a bus given the poor public transport services across that area.

I also believe this to be a significant.problem. The situation was very much different in the 70s when the fields now occupied by b&q were used for parking. Furthermore, car ownership has risen and even with a 5k attendance it takes ages to exit the car parks and clear the area around e the b&q roundabout.

Consideration will also need to be given to accommodating the requirements of the local
residents. It will be required to be thought through carefully.
Old 20th February 2021, 10.37:09   #174-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by techender View Post
I agree that the Racecourse is iconic and we should do everything to stay there. I certainly do not want an out of town flat pack solution such as our farming friends in Shrewsbury have gone for.

However, as raised elsewhere, another big issue with the Racecourse is the availability of car parking in the vicinity, and that one is a lot harder to solve.

Can you imagine the chaos a 15-20,000 crowd would bring if this issue isn't solved, especially as it's acknowledged by the new owners that we are looking to bring in fans from across North Wales.

You could hardly say they could get her on a train or a bus given the poor public transport services across that area.

North Wales Police would insist on every game being played at 9am on a Sunday!
Old 20th February 2021, 10.42:16   #175-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

The latest Campus2025 plan for the Uni had the older AstroTurf being removed for a car park. I also heard that the Gateway project may end up turning that into a multistory carpark. I would assume that removing the fence and merging the ground and the campus will be on the agenda too. There is enough momentum and also good press with the gateway project, Uni development and R&R ownership to really make a difference around Mold Road. Good times ahead
Posted via mobile theme
Old 21st February 2021, 14.54:22   #176-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale, Town End

Great to see HK moving things along on several fronts, and that the development of the ground is towards the top of his 'jobs to do list'. Which to be fair, was one of R&R's key statements when they offered to buy the club.

I agree with HK's suggestion to spend more up front to refurbish the existing stands, in order to save money in the longer term. Mind you, it'll take a big chunk out of the initial £2m, and R&R might find themselves having to pump more $$$ into the club sooner than they thought.

As others have said, any development of the Kop will no doubt be part of the Wrexham Gateway project.

I believe the uni now own the student accommodation (Wrexham Village), and the Welsh Govt own the land behind the Kop (to Crispin Lane and to the junction with Mold Road).

I think the boundary sits right behind the Kop structure, which puts it near the top of the mound it's built on. So I reckon this means any demolition of the Kop would include clearing the mound, with the cost split between the club and the Welsh Govt (not necessarily 50/50). I think others have said the mound is contaminated, which means the cost of clearing it would be a lot more expensive.

And wasn't there an issue with who retained ownership of some pockets of land around the ground, like the footprint of the floodlight nearest The Turf? Or did I dream that bit?

Does anyone know what the plans are for the land behind the Kop?

Are they likely to resurrect the next phase of the 'Wrexham Village project' and build the remaining accommodation blocks?

If so, is this something R&R would be interested in, and also resurrect the idea of any profits from them going to the club? After all, I think the original idea of doing this was a good one.

But instead of student accommodation, could the plans be altered so they were local authority rentals to tie in with the community spirit of the club. Admittedly, that might reduce the profits.

Just a few thoughts on a lazy Sunday afternoon...
COYR!!
Old 21st February 2021, 15.04:25   #177-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITYAMMFSWC View Post

I think the boundary sits right behind the Kop structure, which puts it near the top of the mound it's built on. So I reckon this means any demolition of the Kop would include clearing the mound, with the cost split between the club and the Welsh Govt (not necessarily 50/50). I think others have said the mound is contaminated, which means the cost of clearing it would be a lot more expensive.

Does anyone know what the plans are for the land behind the Kop?

Are they likely to resurrect the next phase of the 'Wrexham Village project' and build the remaining accommodation blocks?
I'm pretty sure from the plans that have been released that the boundary is a few feet into the Kop - we don't actually 'own' the entire footprint as it stands.

There's been talk of a hotel or conference facilities behind the Kop. Can't see any more flats being built unless the Uni bought the land back somehow.
Old 21st February 2021, 16.02:42   #178-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: In view of the pitch

The plans from mid 90's which included the kop, built with a hotel included. Always thought you could have some of the rooms looking over the ground like a balcony. Sort of included in a match day package.
Old 21st February 2021, 16.26:15   #179-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtos View Post
The plans from mid 90's which included the kop, built with a hotel included. Always thought you could have some of the rooms looking over the ground like a balcony. Sort of included in a match day package.
Yes, we’ve been fed this bollox for over 20 years. Except no one is willing to fund the demolition of the kop.
Old 21st February 2021, 16.50:08   #180-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_1072 View Post
Good point, didn’t think of it that way although not sure they’d be able to play games there with work going on at the same time? Health and safety would cause some issues I imagine
Fulham are playing on their pitch even though a huge stand is under construction there.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.07:43.