Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th February 2021, 19.53:00   #41-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: yale paddock
Real Name: phil
Twitter: @





Default Re: Summer Dealings

is it worth putting a bid in for quigley at the end of the season think he is struggling at barrow under the new manager .could be worth asking
Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2021, 22.21:18   #42-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Back of the Kop's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Summer Dealings

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
is it worth putting a bid in for quigley at the end of the season think he is struggling at barrow under the new manager .could be worth asking
Jesus H......we're now probably one of the richest clubs outside the Championship but our fans want us to buy a player we've had before and frankly wasn't good enough.

Live in the past and we'll continue to be NL
Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2021, 22.27:59   #43-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: billy from bersham
Twitter: @





Default Re: Summer Dealings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
A month ago, they were all goners.

I'd be happy enough to ship the lot out and let a new manager compile his own squad.
Your right Alan the same question was asked two games ago I think many fans and myself had only Lainton down as a squad player for next season,two wins and new owners and we only need 6 players in the summer.
Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2021, 22.29:51   #44-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: billy from bersham
Twitter: @





Default Re: Summer Dealings

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
is it worth putting a bid in for quigley at the end of the season think he is struggling at barrow under the new manager .could be worth asking
He was out injured for months!!
Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2021, 23.06:17   #45-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Summer Dealings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Jesus H......we're now probably one of the richest clubs outside the Championship but our fans want us to buy a player we've had before and frankly wasn't good enough.

Live in the past and we'll continue to be NL
To be fair Quigley is proven at this level,good enough and has won promotion from this league-something only a couple of our players has done.He was never managed properly here rnd of story. Topic getting a bit strange when people judge Quigley not to be good enough and want Harris to be kept on.
Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2021, 00.26:31   #46-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
EnglishRed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Summer Dealings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
To be fair Quigley is proven at this level,good enough and has won promotion from this league-something only a couple of our players has done.He was never managed properly here rnd of story. Topic getting a bit strange when people judge Quigley not to be good enough and want Harris to be kept on.
Harris is also a player who has won promotion from this league.

Both occupy the same category for me. We can do better.
Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2021, 01.23:37   #47-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan
 
Birdy's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Summer Dealings

Let the new manager operate from a blank canvas so yer I wouldn't mind if we released the lot. Although that is probably not going to happen.
Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2021, 01.41:54   #48-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MOLD ROAD STAND
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Summer Dealings

I honestly dont think the squad now is as bad as we think it is. Its just not been utilised correctly from the man in charge. Id look to get rid of around 4-6 players and then bring in the same amount, but those players have to be 1st team starters & I think we should challenge for the league.

Keeper situation to me is fine, Id not look to change that. Lainton on his day is the best about in the league & weve seen last few weeks how good Dibble is. We can afford them both for sure still.

Defenders - keep Kelleher, French, RHJ & Reckord. Maybe Reckord as cover though. Id get rid of Vassel, Carringon, Pearson & horsefield.. Keep carra & Pearson involved somehow with coaching if possible?

Midfield - Keep young, Davies & Jarvis without a doubt. I really like them 3. Theyd excell even more with a better squad & hopefully an attacking & better manager. Ruthers, Redmond, Harris, Durrell all to be released.

Strikers - Keep Dior, & release Thomas. May be controversial due to his recent form, but I think with the new money & hopefully exciting football, we wont be wanting a player similar to Thomas. Release Ponticelli or at least loan him out.

Basis of that, Id say its probably more than 4-6 in & replace! Exciting to see what happens. If Keates is in charge, then I only think we will see a few released.
Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2021, 08.51:19   #49-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Back of the Kop's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Summer Dealings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
To be fair Quigley is proven at this level,good enough and has won promotion from this league-something only a couple of our players has done.He was never managed properly here rnd of story. Topic getting a bit strange when people judge Quigley not to be good enough and want Harris to be kept on.
Neither Quigley nor Harris are good enough, end of topic
Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2021, 09.06:28   #50-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Danny Boy's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand (opposite the tunnell)
Real Name: Dan :p
Twitter: @





Default Re: Summer Dealings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamforever16 View Post
I honestly dont think the squad now is as bad as we think it is. Its just not been utilised correctly from the man in charge. Id look to get rid of around 4-6 players and then bring in the same amount, but those players have to be 1st team starters & I think we should challenge for the league.

Keeper situation to me is fine, Id not look to change that. Lainton on his day is the best about in the league & weve seen last few weeks how good Dibble is. We can afford them both for sure still.

Defenders - keep Kelleher, French, RHJ & Reckord. Maybe Reckord as cover though. Id get rid of Vassel, Carringon, Pearson & horsefield.. Keep carra & Pearson involved somehow with coaching if possible?

Midfield - Keep young, Davies & Jarvis without a doubt. I really like them 3. Theyd excell even more with a better squad & hopefully an attacking & better manager. Ruthers, Redmond, Harris, Durrell all to be released.

Strikers - Keep Dior, & release Thomas. May be controversial due to his recent form, but I think with the new money & hopefully exciting football, we wont be wanting a player similar to Thomas. Release Ponticelli or at least loan him out.

Basis of that, Id say its probably more than 4-6 in & replace! Exciting to see what happens. If Keates is in charge, then I only think we will see a few released.
I think that however we end up playing then we would need a 'big man' in the squad as a plan B option chasing the game or against the teams that sit right back...I think Thomas fits the bill of that type of player that wouldn't always command a starting place but could do the required job when needed.

The midfield is where I would be more ruthless, I would only keep Davies and that is because of his obvious technical ability, and the fact that he is left footed makes him more versatile. I like Jarvis and Young for what we are now, but to be a title chasing team (In this league or league 2) we should be looking for better, a regular goalscoring midfielder, and a strong dominant midfielder to run the game (Like Keates was). I would keep Young on as a back-up but I don't think he would go for that as he is good enough to be starting elsewhere.
__________________
Dream on, Dream on...Dream until yor dreams come true!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.58:39.
Powered by vBulletin & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12