Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th February 2021, 00.26:31   #46-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Summer Dealings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
To be fair Quigley is proven at this level,good enough and has won promotion from this league-something only a couple of our players has done.He was never managed properly here rnd of story. Topic getting a bit strange when people judge Quigley not to be good enough and want Harris to be kept on.
Harris is also a player who has won promotion from this league.

Both occupy the same category for me. We can do better.
Old 19th February 2021, 01.23:37   #47-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Let the new manager operate from a blank canvas so yer I wouldn't mind if we released the lot. Although that is probably not going to happen.
Old 19th February 2021, 01.41:54   #48-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MOLD ROAD STAND

I honestly don’t think the squad now is as bad as we think it is. It’s just not been utilised correctly from the man in charge. I’d look to get rid of around 4-6 players and then bring in the same amount, but those players have to be 1st team starters & I think we should challenge for the league.

Keeper situation to me is fine, I’d not look to change that. Lainton on his day is the best about in the league & we’ve seen last few weeks how good Dibble is. We can afford them both for sure still.

Defenders - keep Kelleher, French, RHJ & Reckord. Maybe Reckord as cover though. I’d get rid of Vassel, Carringon, Pearson & horsefield.. Keep carra & Pearson involved somehow with coaching if possible?

Midfield - Keep young, Davies & Jarvis without a doubt. I really like them 3. Theyd excell even more with a better squad & hopefully an attacking & better manager. Ruthers, Redmond, Harris, Durrell all to be released.

Strikers - Keep Dior, & release Thomas. May be controversial due to his recent form, but I think with the new money & hopefully exciting football, we won’t be wanting a player similar to Thomas. Release Ponticelli or at least loan him out.

Basis of that, I’d say it’s probably more than 4-6 in & replace! Exciting to see what happens. If Keates is in charge, then I only think we will see a few released.
Old 19th February 2021, 08.51:19   #49-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
To be fair Quigley is proven at this level,good enough and has won promotion from this league-something only a couple of our players has done.He was never managed properly here rnd of story. Topic getting a bit strange when people judge Quigley not to be good enough and want Harris to be kept on.
Neither Quigley nor Harris are good enough, end of topic
Old 19th February 2021, 09.06:28   #50-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand (opposite the tunnell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamforever16 View Post
I honestly don’t think the squad now is as bad as we think it is. It’s just not been utilised correctly from the man in charge. I’d look to get rid of around 4-6 players and then bring in the same amount, but those players have to be 1st team starters & I think we should challenge for the league.

Keeper situation to me is fine, I’d not look to change that. Lainton on his day is the best about in the league & we’ve seen last few weeks how good Dibble is. We can afford them both for sure still.

Defenders - keep Kelleher, French, RHJ & Reckord. Maybe Reckord as cover though. I’d get rid of Vassel, Carringon, Pearson & horsefield.. Keep carra & Pearson involved somehow with coaching if possible?

Midfield - Keep young, Davies & Jarvis without a doubt. I really like them 3. Theyd excell even more with a better squad & hopefully an attacking & better manager. Ruthers, Redmond, Harris, Durrell all to be released.

Strikers - Keep Dior, & release Thomas. May be controversial due to his recent form, but I think with the new money & hopefully exciting football, we won’t be wanting a player similar to Thomas. Release Ponticelli or at least loan him out.

Basis of that, I’d say it’s probably more than 4-6 in & replace! Exciting to see what happens. If Keates is in charge, then I only think we will see a few released.
I think that however we end up playing then we would need a 'big man' in the squad as a plan B option chasing the game or against the teams that sit right back...I think Thomas fits the bill of that type of player that wouldn't always command a starting place but could do the required job when needed.

The midfield is where I would be more ruthless, I would only keep Davies and that is because of his obvious technical ability, and the fact that he is left footed makes him more versatile. I like Jarvis and Young for what we are now, but to be a title chasing team (In this league or league 2) we should be looking for better, a regular goalscoring midfielder, and a strong dominant midfielder to run the game (Like Keates was). I would keep Young on as a back-up but I don't think he would go for that as he is good enough to be starting elsewhere.
Old 19th February 2021, 09.19:11   #51-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MOLD ROAD STAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
I think that however we end up playing then we would need a 'big man' in the squad as a plan B option chasing the game or against the teams that sit right back...I think Thomas fits the bill of that type of player that wouldn't always command a starting place but could do the required job when needed.

The midfield is where I would be more ruthless, I would only keep Davies and that is because of his obvious technical ability, and the fact that he is left footed makes him more versatile. I like Jarvis and Young for what we are now, but to be a title chasing team (In this league or league 2) we should be looking for better, a regular goalscoring midfielder, and a strong dominant midfielder to run the game (Like Keates was). I would keep Young on as a back-up but I don't think he would go for that as he is good enough to be starting elsewhere.
Not for me with Thomas. There’s plenty of better quality players out there & even in this league if we want physicality for plan b. He’s had an upturn in form & fair play to him for that, but I still don’t think he’s over fall play is what’s required. I really like young, I think he’s very talented. With the right components in midfield, a player you said then I see him being much better again. Great set pieces, always a threat from outside the box too.
Old 19th February 2021, 09.55:21   #52-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand (opposite the tunnell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamforever16 View Post
Not for me with Thomas. There’s plenty of better quality players out there & even in this league if we want physicality for plan b. He’s had an upturn in form & fair play to him for that, but I still don’t think he’s over fall play is what’s required. I really like young, I think he’s very talented. With the right components in midfield, a player you said then I see him being much better again. Great set pieces, always a threat from outside the box too.
I like Young to, he did look a lot better last season when he was next to more technically player in Summerfield in comparison to the version of Jay Harris that we have this time around, and was better on Tuesday when with Davies and Jarvis.

I'd like to think there is a home for Young, Pearson and Carrington in the revolution, definitely the sentimental side of me coming out there though.

Fair points on Thomas, still half a season left to judge him on yet anyway.
Old 19th February 2021, 09.58:47   #53-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Jesus H......we're now probably one of the richest clubs outside the Championship but our fans want us to buy a player we've had before and frankly wasn't good enough.

Live in the past and we'll continue to be NL
I think some perspective is needed here. We have one of the richest owners, but that doesn't necessarily make us one of the richest clubs. We will have to wait to see what level the new owners are willing to fund us. It will undoubtedly be better than before, but the Eddie howe for manager brigade will likely be disappointed.
Old 19th February 2021, 10.47:30   #54-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_holt_dragon View Post
I think some perspective is needed here. We have one of the richest owners, but that doesn't necessarily make us one of the richest clubs. We will have to wait to see what level the new owners are willing to fund us. It will undoubtedly be better than before, but the Eddie howe for manager brigade will likely be disappointed.
Agree but the other side of the perspective is that we should expect better than Quigley now we have backers with the clout of R&R or what was the point as we had Quigley under Strategy House

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.23:36.