Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st February 2021, 06.48:52   #41-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: GUS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Aldershot Match Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDJB View Post
Dibble-3
killed us dead. Had the better chances first half and then he drops a dolly. Sunday league stuff.

JR-5 not bad at times. Didn't offer much.
RHJ-6 always a threat but needs more composure at times.
FK-5 his worst game for the club for me.
French-4 his worst game too. Looked all over the place. Missed a sitter.
Carra-3 this ridiculous experiment needs to end. Fannied out of a tackle and then turned his back for second and ran ragged for the third. Distribution horrific.

Horsfield-3 nothing. Just nothing.
Davies-5 OK
Young-5 ok

DA-5 looks a threat again but radar well off today
KT-6 won his headers, but service was poor.

Plan today looked like it was to go long with the pitch being so poor and conditions tricky. Fine by me(we did the same vs Sutton) .... But going long from the centre halves doesn't work. Carra can't use his left foot so it's useless from his side and French was reluctant to do it. Kelleher can't do it with any quality. It's too straight and almost impossible for a striker to deal with. Needed to come from wider, but we played wing backs so it didn't work at all.
I'd have played a 4-3-3 today. Gone long from a wider and deeper position and got bodies around Kwarme and played the football from their final third. The few times we did get them turned early on, they shit themselves.
Hard to legislate your keeper dropping one like that mind.
Yes I'd agree with your marks, so it was a surprise to take off RHJ. And I just don't get the Redmond situation, how bad do we have to be before he comes on, is he really worse than Durrell?
Old 21st February 2021, 11.37:43   #42-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Yes I'd agree with your marks, so it was a surprise to take off RHJ. And I just don't get the Redmond situation, how bad do we have to be before he comes on, is he really worse than Durrell?
Well if we have a situation where he doesn’t have to win headers, tackles or chase back when he loses possession , then he might get a chance.
Old 21st February 2021, 12.05:14   #43-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDJB View Post
Dibble-3
killed us dead. Had the better chances first half and then he drops a dolly. Sunday league stuff.

JR-5 not bad at times. Didn't offer much.
RHJ-6 always a threat but needs more composure at times.
FK-5 his worst game for the club for me.
French-4 his worst game too. Looked all over the place. Missed a sitter.
Carra-3 this ridiculous experiment needs to end. Fannied out of a tackle and then turned his back for second and ran ragged for the third. Distribution horrific.

Horsfield-3 nothing. Just nothing.
Davies-5 OK
Young-5 ok

DA-5 looks a threat again but radar well off today
KT-6 won his headers, but service was poor.

Plan today looked like it was to go long with the pitch being so poor and conditions tricky. Fine by me(we did the same vs Sutton) .... But going long from the centre halves doesn't work. Carra can't use his left foot so it's useless from his side and French was reluctant to do it. Kelleher can't do it with any quality. It's too straight and almost impossible for a striker to deal with. Needed to come from wider, but we played wing backs so it didn't work at all.
I'd have played a 4-3-3 today. Gone long from a wider and deeper position and got bodies around Kwarme and played the football from their final third. The few times we did get them turned early on, they shit themselves.
Hard to legislate your keeper dropping one like that mind.
Ageee with most of your ratings, apart from Reckord. I generally don't like to criticise players too much, but he was abysmal yesterday, 3 at the most for me. Very, very disappointed with him.
Old 21st February 2021, 13.20:00   #44-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Keates ball ruined any chance of a result. Don't think it's fair to judge players who struggled without a decent attacking midfield.
It was a mistake putting Horsefield in instead of Jarvis. Jarvis has been instrumental in allowing RHJ to get forward, yesterday RHJ had no help or creativity from Horsefield.
Keates tactic? - Lump it at a rookie centre half created 2 early chances but then fizzled out. Even Aldershot got the ball down and tried to play.
Our inept managed did his usual "Nero" act and watched 'till it was too late to affect the game.
The team started on the front foot but because we played long ball we failed to get the midfield forward and lacked bodies in the box.
Unfortunately the Goalkeeping error cost us dearly.
Feel a bit sorry for Dibble as he's kept us in games recently and he made some decent stops later in the game.
Hope we are more positive on Tuesday.
Decent stream from the Shots, bit fuzzy at times and my internet froze on 2 occasions.
Old 21st February 2021, 13.27:03   #45-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel D View Post
Well if we have a situation where he doesn’t have to win headers, tackles or chase back when he loses possession , then he might get a chance.
Well what's the point of having him on the bench, if he's never going to play at least give that bench spot to one of the youngsters, even at 3-0 down it's still good experience to get a few minutes on the pitch, that could have been the only positive from yesterday's performance
Old 21st February 2021, 16.41:09   #46-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Keates ball ruined any chance of a result. Don't think it's fair to judge players who struggled without a decent attacking midfield.
It was a mistake putting Horsefield in instead of Jarvis. Jarvis has been instrumental in allowing RHJ to get forward, yesterday RHJ had no help or creativity from Horsefield.
Keates tactic? - Lump it at a rookie centre half created 2 early chances but then fizzled out. Even Aldershot got the ball down and tried to play.
Our inept managed did his usual "Nero" act and watched 'till it was too late to affect the game.
The team started on the front foot but because we played long ball we failed to get the midfield forward and lacked bodies in the box.
Unfortunately the Goalkeeping error cost us dearly.
Feel a bit sorry for Dibble as he's kept us in games recently and he made some decent stops later in the game.
Hope we are more positive on Tuesday.
Decent stream from the Shots, bit fuzzy at times and my internet froze on 2 occasions.
I don’t feel sorry for Dibble in the slightest as he just isn’t good enough, he’s made routine saves that any keeper at our level would make and once he’s released he’ll end up at a similar level to Coughlin.
Old 21st February 2021, 19.42:29   #47-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
I don’t feel sorry for Dibble in the slightest as he just isn’t good enough, he’s made routine saves that any keeper at our level would make and once he’s released he’ll end up at a similar level to Coughlin.
I agree re Dibble, he was lucky to get a contract in the first place.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.07:30.