RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   What role is the WST now playing? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/117090-what-role-wst-now-playing.html)

Percy Sugden 21st February 2021 10.15:23

What role is the WST now playing?

Now the takeover is complete, what is happening with the WST? Is it still involved at the club? And what will be it’s future role?

Alan Attack 21st February 2021 10.30:36

Re: What role is the WST now playing?

Hopefully more community based.

I suggest it may need to be rebadged as even the word Trust stokes up negative feelings amongst many supporters.

Perhaps members should be asked if they want the Trust to continue and in what capacity. Presumably, as owner of the racecourse lease, it’ll need to operate in some guise.

louisleftboot 21st February 2021 10.34:23

They’re planting their moles into the new regime. Richard Ullrich has already turned one of them into a double agent so he can stay ‘in the know’ for his Twitter clout.

Huffy 21st February 2021 11.06:45

Assisting with the community aspect as Alan says ,I should imagine!

As much as its likely to trigger certain people ,the very thought of it - I would expect with Rob and Ryans very considerate approach and guidance on these matters ,we have nothing to worry about:)

Percy Sugden 21st February 2021 11.13:15

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2442629]Hopefully more community based.

I suggest it may need to be rebadged as even the word Trust stokes up negative feelings amongst many supporters.

Perhaps members should be asked if they want the Trust to continue and in what capacity. Presumably, as owner of the racecourse lease, it’ll need to operate in some guise.[/QUOTE]

As a member, I’m intrigued to see the post-takeover plans for the Trust. I just hope it’s used to have a positive influence on the wider community in Wrexham and can be used to promote the football club at the same time.

Pieman 21st February 2021 11.30:19

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2442629]Hopefully more community based.

Perhaps members should be asked if they want the Trust to continue and in what capacity. Presumably, as owner of the racecourse lease, it’ll need to operate in some guise.[/QUOTE]

Owner of the racecourse lease? Was that not transferred to Reynolds and co in the takeover then?

Corner Flag 21st February 2021 11.32:06

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2442644]As a member, I’m intrigued to see the post-takeover plans for the Trust. I just hope it’s used to have a positive influence on the wider community in Wrexham and can be used to promote the football club at the same time.[/QUOTE]

The trust was created to buy and run the club .As they no longer own or run the club they should be disbanded and the lease given to our new owners. Other than the gifted £15 k surplus from the lease payment I cant see them receiving much more income can you ?

138+NotOut 21st February 2021 11.34:00

I am keeping my trust membership going. I could see it potentially being used when it comes to giving out tickets next season if we've got say only a small capacity due to social distancing etc

Alan Attack 21st February 2021 11.41:32

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2442654][B]The trust was created to buy and run the club[/B] .As they no longer own or run the club they should be disbanded and the lease given to our new owners. Other than the gifted £15 k surplus from the lease payment I cant see them receiving much more income can you ?[/QUOTE]

Is that actually true or just your understanding? Genuine question because I’m unsure myself.

I recall the Trust raised £300k pretty quickly and Moss was forever trying to make them part with it. Was that £300k to buy the club or for a seat on the board.

If you strip back what the largest supporters group should be, it should be universally supported. As I say, it needs rebranding.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.40:07.