Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd February 2021, 23.44:30   #21-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Chance of a crowd v Kings Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry52 View Post
Why? It’s showed that the countries who’ve taken this seriously have come out better. We’ve always been playing catch up and are paying for it.

We, the UK, wanted to take it on the chin and not lockdown.... we had to lockdown. We tried to kickstart the economy encouraging people to eat indoors with the government paying half the bill... we had to lockdown. Tried to give freedom for Christmas... had to lockdown. Surely it’s rife in this country and we need to take it seriously until the vaccination is widespread.

If this wasn’t serious why are both Tory and Labour governments lockingdown? Why doesn’t one take a different approach and seem dominant? Why doesn’t Scotland open up to show the Scottish government is superior to the English to push independence?
If the responses on here are anything to go by there is no surprise Wrexham has had the highest cases in Wales for a month.
Old 22nd February 2021, 23.45:32   #22-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
You can't ask the120.000 dead can you. Famous Boris words we could have at worst outcome 20.000 deaths yea right
To be correct it was the words of Sir Patrick Vallance
Old 22nd February 2021, 23.47:37   #23-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry52 View Post
Why? It’s showed that the countries who’ve taken this seriously have come out better. We’ve always been playing catch up and are paying for it.

We, the UK, wanted to take it on the chin and not lockdown.... we had to lockdown. We tried to kickstart the economy encouraging people to eat indoors with the government paying half the bill... we had to lockdown. Tried to give freedom for Christmas... had to lockdown. Surely it’s rife in this country and we need to take it seriously until the vaccination is widespread.

If this wasn’t serious why are both Tory and Labour governments lockingdown? Why doesn’t one take a different approach and seem dominant? Why doesn’t Scotland open up to show the Scottish government is superior to the English to push independence?
All adults vaccinated by the end of July that's the promise, plenty of overtime at Wockhardt making the vaccine, that's for you business minded people.
Old 22nd February 2021, 23.51:09   #24-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Despite the great improvements in the COVID infection rate in the Wrexham Borough, there are still a few hot spots. Gwersyllt/Summerhill, Penycae and Minera/Coedy spring to mind. Just what’s going on there then?
Old 23rd February 2021, 00.19:49   #25-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltshire_Red View Post
Didn’t Vallance say 20,000 was best case?
Old 23rd February 2021, 00.26:11   #26-0 (permalink)
APJ
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale centre non-occupying season ticket holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
You can't ask the120.000 dead can you. Famous Boris words we could have at worst outcome 20.000 deaths yea right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltshire_Red View Post
Vallance said that 20,000 would be a "good outcome" when asked last March his opinion about where this might end. The models that he was using had 250,000 deaths as the estimate of worst outcome with zero supression measures.
Old 23rd February 2021, 02.04:43   #27-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

As a comparison with covid death numbers.70.000 civilians died in the UK during the whole of the second world war.
Old 23rd February 2021, 06.36:42   #28-0 (permalink)
wil
Legend

(info)

Just asking but I'm curious of the percentage of those saying we should lock down further are actually locked down or furloughed ?
I agree if you or your company can afford to pay the furlough back when this is all over, then there's no argument. In a nutshell businesses who have used and people who have taken furlough need to be the ones paying it back when 100% the gov will come calling for it when things return to normal. Asking those who have worked through and key workers to cover the outlay simply is unfair. This debate will happen so....
As I say just saying.
Old 23rd February 2021, 06.46:21   #29-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil View Post
Just asking but I'm curious of the percentage of those saying we should lock down further are actually locked down or furloughed ?
I agree if you or your company can afford to pay the furlough back when this is all over, then there's no argument. In a nutshell businesses who have used and people who have taken furlough need to be the ones paying it back when 100% the gov will come calling for it when things return to normal. Asking those who have worked through and key workers to cover the outlay simply is unfair. This debate will happen so....
As I say just saying.
I think we all know who will be repaying it, the muggins like us at the bottom. I’m sure the people at the top will get their tax cuts and be sound. But that’s just the way it goes isn’t it!

Last edited by louisleftboot; 23rd February 2021 at 06.50:59..
Old 23rd February 2021, 07.02:01   #30-0 (permalink)
wil
Legend

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
I think we all know who will be repaying it, the muggins like us at the bottom. I’m sure the people at the top will get their tax cuts and be sound. But that’s just the way it goes isn’t it!
In this country it is LLB, not quite as obliging in other countries. Thats all we do in this country is take it where the establishment want to shove it.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.35:42.