Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd February 2021, 23.04:26   #28-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End
Twitter: @

Default Re: Keates not worried we didn't have a shot on target tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
Mark Griffiths answered a few questions tonight on the Q and A after the game, which to be fair explains a lot. Mark was very happy with the point and he could see why Keates set up defensively tonight after scouting the mighty pool. We got a point at home against a playoff team which we should be very happy about. He also answered the question of "would you have been happy to pay a tenner to watch that performance" his answer was yes, he doesnt watch Wrexham to be entertained, he watches us to support us and it sounded like he gets pleasantly suprised when we do entertain. He also kept saying how he followed us since the 70s. Now in that time, which is longer than me, as I was born in 83, but in that time, how many times has he seen a attacking team, a team full of heart, determination and pride, how many teams has he watched that play football the proper way?
In my time I've seen players like Connolly, Bennett, Owen, Brammer, Ward and Hughes. I feel lucky I grew up watching that team, they showed passion and we all got behind them, they were a joy to watch. What do we watch now? There are fans that only know Wrexham as a non league team, and people like Mark Griffiths, who is happy with paying to watch rubbish, shows that he has now become accustom to Keates ball, and has accepted that way of playing. In my eyes it's not the Wrexham way, and it's not entertainment. We need to change the management and bring our identity back, play the ball on the ground and through midfield, we need to go out and play the Wrexham way.
If a band makes 6 or 8 great albums and they play live filling stadiums and arenas all around the world and buying the merchandise and I spend large amounts of money following them do I still have to if they lose the interest to make good music and perform poorly live ? That attitude is dangerous around the club, the previous board had it and it needs removal from the club.
Old 23rd February 2021, 23.05:26   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Doesn't watch for entertainment, watches to support... Overlooks the fact that if our football was entertaining we might actually improve and increase our base of support.
Old 23rd February 2021, 23.07:28   #30-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
Doesn't watch for entertainment, watches to support... Overlooks the fact that if our football was entertaining we might actually improve and increase our base of support.
A sensible business model, shame the people who have been around the club failed at this. This is the reason we are the longest serving none league club. Poor attitude is entrenched within the club.
Old 23rd February 2021, 23.16:18   #31-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by standman View Post
A sensible business model, shame the people who have been around the club failed at this. This is the reason we are the longest serving none league club. Poor attitude is entrenched within the club.
It's football for us instead of football for everybody. Amazed that even now some people who have seen us through some unbelievably bad times still struggle with reality.

We are shit, despite bouncing in and out of playoffs, one of the most inconsistent and unentertaining teams in the league.
Old 23rd February 2021, 23.30:17   #32-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

An utterly bizarre mindset and part of the reason we've been in decline for so many years.

It's barely even football we're watching. It's like going to a gig but the band can't be arsed showing up. But it's fine, just throw the LP on the record player and play it for the crowd.

There are no standards. Failure is to be applauded. Mediocrity is to be praised. Shut up and keep giving us your money. That attitude needs to change now and it needs to be implemented across every corner of the club. The famous example of course is Brian Clough sacking two tea ladies for laughing and giggling after a poor defeat.
Old 23rd February 2021, 23.32:16   #33-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Also Keates said that not having a shot on target isn't a worry because it's a one off game.

It isn't. We haven't had a shot on target in a few games this season.

Fair play to Lucy for asking the question. I very much enjoy her commentary and the balance she strikes
Old 23rd February 2021, 23.34:21   #34-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MOLD ROAD STAND

what did he actually say at the end? I just switched it off. Didn’t think he’d be doing an interview
Old 24th February 2021, 03.52:15   #35-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holtdragons View Post
The commentary by Mark Griffiths was unbelievable he made it sound like the game of the year played by two world beating teams he just dose not give a real picture of how the team is playing and how bad Keats and his stupid decisions are
I was working so that was my only source of the action. It was indeed dressed up as a back and forth slugfest. I genuinely didn't realise that we didn't have a shot on target all game. I got suckered in by the constant raising and added grit to the voice like something meaningful was happening.

It's like a biting down on the mouthpiece and then "Hall-Johnson strides forward with the ball" (not realising he's deep in our own half until the pass is square to Kelleher).

Any single person watching a Wrexham match is watching to support. A decent number would like a bit of entertainment to go with it at times too. That whole mentality takes fans for granted and has no place going forward if we expect to get anywhere half way respectable.

We will be needing more fans and to get them we will need to provide a bit of entertainment/service for the money given in return.

Mark seems like a nice guy but I cannot understand his thinking.

The general football offered up is unattractive and will be making potential new fans wonder why they bothered. It's not just about the result at all. It's a package. If we were grinding out 1-0's most weeks it'd be easier to swallow but we're not. Draws are now being championed.

The fact we didn't have a shot on target is an absolute disgrace. Especially at home after Hartlepool have done the travelling.

I've buckled a few times of late but I'm not paying for anymore streams whilst he's here. Sick and tired of it. If he's resigned to not being kept on then fliping go for it and show other clubs what you can bring.

The guy is shit scared of losing a game rather than really trying to win it.
Old 24th February 2021, 05.59:16   #36-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Yale

daft comment to make, he won't look good on telly.

agree with comment he's too scared of losing a game.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.29:35.