Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

View Poll Results: Should R&R Sack Keates with immeadiate effect?
Sack Now - Time to go 'Look' man 251 65.54%
Sack Later - CEO in place beforehand 114 29.77%
Do nothing 18 4.70%
Voters: 383. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd February 2021, 21.44:05   #37-0 (permalink)
User

Racecourse Spot: Tend to move around
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sack Keates & Co Poll

In my own personal humble opinion I think it's time for a change from the manager down to his support staff. With the ambition the fans and owners have it's like trying to compete against Ferrari's while driving a mini. There is a vast difference in work rate, ability, knowhow, and wanting to play for the manager.
Its Dean who spent all the money that was given to him. He decides on who playes and the formation for each game. It's long overdue for a change. There us now entertainment at the Racecourse these days. There is still 22 hanes to go or 66 points to be won.
I cant imagine John Neal or Dennis Smith or one of the previous managers not rollin their sleeves up and fighting for those points. Dennis Smith went the last 14 games unbeaten to gain automatic promotion.
Let's show some fight, passion, desire to win and be proud to wear the shirt for those last 22 games.I can accept if you cant pass, tackle or head a ball.
Just play as if you are proud to be representing the club the fans love.
Most of you will be looking for jobs in the summer and possibly not as a "professional footballer ".
You will all be hone and forgotten but we will still be here.
Old 23rd February 2021, 21.44:38   #38-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Used to be the back of the KOP!
Twitter: @@tomtitch

You know, the longer he is here, the less chance we have on bringing someone we want in. Have the Cowleys got a job yet?
Old 23rd February 2021, 21.45:15   #39-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: A red plastic one

Imagine for a minute they sack Keates and put Darlo in charge until the end of the season!!!
Old 23rd February 2021, 21.48:05   #40-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by COME ON WREXHAM View Post
Imagine for a minute they sack Keates and put Darlo in charge until the end of the season!!!
Give it to Morrell, or even Pearson. I know Pearson isn't qualified but neither is Keates...

When the CEO comes in we can hire someone else
Old 23rd February 2021, 21.49:58   #41-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @spuderz92

The league is that $hit this season that he needs binning off tomorrow morning.

Get the right coaching team in place and incredibly, we can still go up this season.

He clearly won't be the long term plan so what's the point in drawing 0-0 to Wealdstone and co till we bring Beckham in
Old 23rd February 2021, 21.54:57   #42-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Exec box

Apart from whatever financial payoff it costs we have more to gain than lose by getting shut now.
Under Keates our season is run. No relegation and not good enough to compete in the playoffs.
Our current squad is better than most give credit to but the underperforming in most games is down to poor coaching, tactics that lack creativity and players not appearing motivated as a result.
Clear the decks so a new coaching staff can be brought in now to assess what potential we have with existing players and upgrade those who dont cut it. That way we will be ready to compete, under our new dawn, in front of a large number and pasionate fans and gain momentum from the off.
Keeping Keates on any longer will delay that process and we may face yet another year of rebuilding and transition.
Our future success needs to begin now. He has to go period (as they say in the US of A.. just in case our new owners are taking note!)
Old 23rd February 2021, 21.56:50   #43-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

The negatives performances and denying all ridiculous substitutions are one thing but he was given money in January and arguably weakened us up front.Yussuf was no Moult but he was more of a goalscorer than Angus who is a winger in reality.Angus seemingly was a replacement for Jeffrey but we lost Yussuf and allowed Bickerstaff to leave on loan.We now have 2 strikers,one was has not scored this season.22 games left and 2 strikers.You could not make it up.
Poll has been screenshot on Twitter to Humphrey too.
Old 23rd February 2021, 22.15:03   #44-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
I just really don't understand this point of view. I've never been upset at an owner of another club sacking their manager. Sacking Ranieri was very harsh but I'm not distraught and wishing for Leicester to lose every game. Its football and its incredibly common. Most of the footballing world will just think "oh they just have their own plans and the manager doesn't fit in". We need to shift from the tinpot mentality. Make the decisions that are right for the club. The documentary won't be boycotted because Dean Keates doesn't get to be in more episodes
Did I say boycotted? We have celebrity owners who need to keep their noses clean, firing a club legend (what he will be labelled) will not go down well in people’s opinions. They’ve got plenty of investments aside from Wrexham, do people really expect him to get fired after 1 loss in 8? I hope we do get rid of him cause this is horrendous but come on, it’d be a PR disaster for them.

There’s always people questioning when people get fired. We’re everywhere at the minute, the vultures will be waiting for a stick to beat us with. If I was them with a lot riding on this I’d wait until the end of the season, have different ideas on the direction of the club and wish him all the best. A mid table finish and keeping your reputations intact when I’m a global star would be far to appealing for me.
Old 23rd February 2021, 22.16:50   #45-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
You know, the longer he is here, the less chance we have on bringing someone we want in. Have the Cowleys got a job yet?
Working with Lincoln University until May.....I think they have something lined up , and are still getting compo off Huddersfield....hopefully we are the new project that they have mentioned and we have pre contracts signed ready for when Keates n co get fooked off !!
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.10:41.