Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th February 2021, 13.08:36   #1-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Ratings vs Hartlepool

Dibble 6 - fairly decent. No brain farts

French 6 - whilst he was decent, most of their attacking came from his side of the field
Kelleher 6 - One aberration but generally held it together
Carra 6 - had a decent first half facing the wind

RHJ 5 - no attacking output and well marshalled. Hope the injury isn't too bad
Young 6 - it was quite clear the way we were set up meant we spent all night facing our own goal.
Davies 6 - like Youngy spent most of the time trying to help out in defence
Reckord 5 - like RHJ, Hartlepool nullified the wing backs and he was slow in recovery. A couple of decent crosses that no-one got near.

Jarvis 5 - tried but eventually hooked and by all accounts wasn't best pleased

Angus 4 - very poor
Thomas 4 - poor with no support

Subs
Horsfield 5 - let's hope DK realises after last night that midfield isn't Horsfield's position
Durrell 6 - did try to inject a bit of pace when he came on but soon got dragged to everyone else's level
Ponticelli 5 - put himself about but end product was zero

I couldn't pick an MOTM but if pushed it was either Carra or Kelleher

Tactics 0 - no invention, no drive and almost 0 points. Be thankful we got 1 from an awful display.
Old 24th February 2021, 13.18:00   #2-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre

Default Re: Ratings vs Hartlepool

Agree with most of your assessments. My only difference would be for Jarvis.

When we came out second half we had a bit of a go, most of that came through Jarvis. Then Keates had his brain fart and hooked him off and we went back into our shell.

Keates has proven he hates players with a bit of spark and invention. Blend in with the rest and don't stand out seems to be his team preference.

Not surprised Jarvis wasn't best pleased. He had every right to be.
Old 24th February 2021, 15.02:42   #3-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Seems about right, probably knock the 6s down to 5s, except Carra who probably deserved a 7 or 8
Old 24th February 2021, 16.05:14   #4-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Yale Paddock
Twitter: @got a life

I thought Reckord was awful. Most of his passes were misplaced and was like Bambi on ice when taken on.
Old 24th February 2021, 16.28:10   #5-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolan View Post
I thought Reckord was awful. Most of his passes were misplaced and was like Bambi on ice when taken on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by techender View Post
Agree with most of your assessments. My only difference would be for Jarvis.

When we came out second half we had a bit of a go, most of that came through Jarvis. Then Keates had his brain fart and hooked him off and we went back into our shell.

Keates has proven he hates players with a bit of spark and invention. Blend in with the rest and don't stand out seems to be his team preference.

Not surprised Jarvis wasn't best pleased. He had every right to be.
Reckord was awful. Worst player on the field. Lazy and unfit. We can do so much better than this.

Jarvis was taken off for trying to express himself. I think Keates wants players to follow structured orders on the field (probably off Darlington) - Jarvis didn’t comply and gave the ball away a few times whilst trying to be positive. Ridiculous substitution!!!
Old 24th February 2021, 17.07:41   #6-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
Reckord was awful. Worst player on the field. Lazy and unfit. We can do so much better than this.

Jarvis was taken off for trying to express himself. I think Keates wants players to follow structured orders on the field (probably off Darlington) - Jarvis didn’t comply and gave the ball away a few times whilst trying to be positive. Ridiculous substitution!!!
I agree it was not a correct substitution but if the new CEO asks me to take over then any player going down the tunnel while his teammates are still playing will be fined a weeks wages.
Frankly i think all players (perhaps bar Carra) are demotivated and confused by the tactics. DK has lost the players and supporters and is a lame duck.
Looking forward to getting the call
Old 24th February 2021, 17.14:39   #7-0 (permalink)
Legend

To be fair Mark, it was peeing it down and if he did have a knock, getting warm or putting ice on his injury was probably the best thing
Old 24th February 2021, 17.16:45   #8-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Dibble (6) A clean-sheet in those conditions is no mean feat, but he must command that 6-yard box better.

French (7) Thought he did well.

Kelleher (6) Good in the air but slow on the ground.

Carrington (7) Gets a lot of unfair criticisms. My MotM despite one 'it's behind you' moment in the first-half.

Hall-Johnson (5) Strained thigh hindered him. Cannot defend.

Jarvis (7) Our only real threat, and very comfortable on the ball. Clearly wasn't injured, so Keates gets 'Knob Head of the Year' award for taking him off!

Young (3) Sorry, but he just isn't good enough. Another poor game.

Davies (7) Worked hard defensively, and comfortable on the ball despite the conditions. Tried some really cutting passes but, alas, few came off.

Reckord (3) This one's broken, can we have another? Not one decent cross, and slow to boot.

Thomas (4) Tried hard but he is a donkey.

Angus (3) Living off scraps and never really got in the game.

Subs:

Horsfield (7) Played well, but too slow as a wing-back. Why not put him at CB and use the quicker French as a WB? Maybe Keates thought we might venture into their half too much and cause them issues!

Durrell (3) Fail to see what he could add to a Tellytubby parade. He is our new Rutherford -- runs around without actually doing anything.

Ponticelli (2) Quick, but did he even touch the ball?

Hartlepool were a good team who adapted to the conditions far better than us. How they trudged off with just a draw is beyond me, except our defence worked bloody hard to stop most of their efforts.

Keates continues to defy all logic, and must be the luckiest guy still with a job. Some fans claim we cannot get rid of him because we've been on such a good run and we are in the POs. I just hope the new CEO is a bit more objective and decisive. Sadly, we are going nowhere whilst Keates & Co remain at the helm of SS Little Wrexham, which is scared to leave port and, when it does, goes around in ever decreasing circles -- I think Keates calls them pockets!
Old 24th February 2021, 19.35:31   #9-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: ERS

Dibble-6
one corner he was weak and got bullied in second half. OK besides that in tough conditions.
RHJ-5
Didn't get forward as well as previous games
French 5
OK. Player in there somewhere, but hard to get a partnership going in a 3!
Kelleher 6
wins his headers. Limit him to duals, and he's fine.
Carrington. 5
No secret I'm not a fan. Balls up first half and played lad onside when Miles behind kelleher for their best chance in 2nd half, multiple other hoofs to nobody.... But in fairness reacted well to intercept and tackle on occasions. As good as he gets.
Jr 5
Didnt get forward enough. Quiet game.
Young 5
Very poor. Gave the ball away too many times to count
Davies 6
Better than Young.
Jarvis 5
90% of his game is creativity and passing. Very sloppy at times in possession and created nothing.
Angus 4 anonymous
Thomas 5 ran around more than Angus but just as ineffective.

Subs. Durrell tried to add some urgency. Worked for about 3 min. Corner and follow up in injury time was inexcusable. Pont.... Didn't touch the ball.

I get the clamour for creative players to be given the chance, but Jarvis and Co were overrun all night. You can just about accept that if they're creating chances at the other end. Then you've got to hope we take ours and they don't take theirs..... But we created absolutely nothing. No surprise when we try and keep it tighter and hope to pinch one. All 3 in the middle were poor. A draw was the best you can hope for when your creative players create nothing at all. Good point in those circumstances.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.47:29.