Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th March 2021, 09.51:16   #46-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ceo

Quote:
Originally Posted by International View Post
The salary of a CEO is usually based on the turnover of the company. So if our turnover was 2million salary would be 92,000. Peter Lawell was actually underpaid...101.6 million turnover, so his salary should have been 4.6million. Huw Jenkins, one could say he was playing the long game, he made 13million on the sale of Swansea. The Swansea role was essentially "part-time" for him.
The figure you mention is probably what we are looking at, revenues will increase next season whether we are back in the league or still down here.
No sensible company pays a CEO based on turnover ( revenue) only, its got to be based on a variety of items including net profits, turnover, growth etc
Old 11th March 2021, 10.01:55   #47-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: The Kop...I wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
No sensible company pays a CEO based on turnover ( revenue) only, its got to be based on a variety of items including net profits, turnover, growth etc
https://ceoupdate.com/articles/compe...ercent-revenue

I don't talk about "package" I said salary. Initial salary is based on turnover, the bonuses (cash or share options) is based on the profit/ growth etc...Unless you're not going to pay the guy for a year and then see how he's done after 12 months
Old 11th March 2021, 10.05:01   #48-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
The salary of a CEO is usually based on the turnover of the company. So if our turnover was 2million salary would be 92,000. Peter Lawell was actually underpaid...101.6 million turnover, so his salary should have been 4.6million. Huw Jenkins, one could say he was playing the long game, he made 13million on the sale of Swansea. The Swansea role was essentially "part-time" for him.
The figure you mention is probably what we are looking at, revenues will increase next season whether we are back in the league or still down here.
The problem with this is that you're basing these figures on an average from a study of what happens in the real world. Football is a completely different kettle of fish and stands alone with its ratio of salaries to turnover.

There are clubs in League 1 and 2 who have CEOs on circa 700k although the League 2 average is approx 80k. That maybe down to the fact that some clubs don't have an active CEO though and have reported the expense as nil.

There really is no correlation between turnover and salary at the highest level of the game. Liverpool's CEO is on just over £1.2m whilst Daniel Levy brought home circa £7m in 2020.

The point I was trying to make initially was that if we're hoping for a high level CEO to be appointed, then realistically they're going to cost a lot more than has been mentioned.

Last edited by Omni; 11th March 2021 at 10.08:09..
Old 11th March 2021, 10.17:33   #49-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni View Post
Some of the figures bandied about for a high level CEO are absolutely miles off. For example, using a couple of names mentioned recently on here, Huw Jenkins was on approx. 500k pa at Swansea whilst Peter Lawell, soon to leave Celtic earned 3.5m in 2019.

I think we're looking at £150k minimum before bonuses etc.
We don't need a £150k CEO, I'm sure we could get one for much less, but you are right, we may want one at that salary.,
Old 11th March 2021, 10.36:08   #50-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: The Kop...I wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni View Post
The problem with this is that you're basing these figures on an average from a study of what happens in the real world. Football is a completely different kettle of fish and stands alone with its ratio of salaries to turnover.

There are clubs in League 1 and 2 who have CEOs on circa 700k although the League 2 average is approx 80k. That maybe down to the fact that some clubs don't have an active CEO though and have reported the expense as nil.

There really is no correlation between turnover and salary at the highest level of the game. Liverpool's CEO is on just over £1.2m whilst Daniel Levy brought home circa £7m in 2020.

The point I was trying to make initially was that if we're hoping for a high level CEO to be appointed, then realistically they're going to cost a lot more than has been mentioned.
Omni I was essentially agreeing with you. That what we will eventually pay is more than the 90-100k benchmark.
The big difference between Daniel Levy and Liverpools CEO is Daniel Levy is a shareholder (ENIC own 85.5% of Tottenham and Levy owns 24.9% of ENIC) hence the higher pay package. His salary is actually closer to 3m. The rest being bonuses, for meeting targets.
Old 11th March 2021, 10.52:44   #51-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Omni I was essentially agreeing with you. That what we will eventually pay is more than the 90-100k benchmark.
The big difference between Daniel Levy and Liverpools CEO is Daniel Levy is a shareholder (ENIC own 85.5% of Tottenham and Levy owns 24.9% of ENIC) hence the higher pay package. His salary is actually closer to 3m. The rest being bonuses, for meeting targets.
Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick. Essentially a good CEO should generate more than they cost so whatever we end up paying, hopefully we'll get a good return on the investment.
Old 11th March 2021, 11.25:51   #52-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: boys pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
We don't need a £150k CEO, I'm sure we could get one for much less, but you are right, we may want one at that salary.,
You can, but you get what you pay for. We should be aiming higher
Old 11th March 2021, 12.43:57   #53-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

The salary is none of our business. The product provided to customers is what matters. One of the drawbacks of fan ownership was it did not see fans as customers but members that put up and stumped up despite the dismal offerings.

The new owners will not have that confusion but the lines between supplier and customer will be crystal clear and a failure to deliver will impact their financing and reputations negatively. Under WST ownership, the worse the situation the more fans pulled together.

I do not see there is any limit to the salary other than there being a fit with the plans of the new owners objectives and plans.

I cannot see that they are not going to make a serious effort for this to be a successful venture off and in that context they will pay whatever it takes
to get what they want.
Old 11th March 2021, 18.17:21   #54-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Not really bothered what the new guy or woman gets, as ever, it's all about the return on investment.

With a blank canvas and huge potential, it's a massive opportunity for someone.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.35:11.