Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th March 2021, 21.27:30   #1-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Ratings vs Barnet

Dibble 6 - a couple of wobbly moments but otherwise solid

Carrington 6 - almost presented their lad with a golden chance but otherwise he was decent. Played the long ball a bit too much for me.
Kelleher 7 - standard Fiacre, never flustered, always in control
Vassell 6 - could see he had been out for a little while but kept the back three shape well.

French 6 - decent but he’s not a wing back
Young 7 - cracking goal. Almost MOTM
Davies 8 - he was everywhere from minute 1. Needs a bit more composure on the ball but more than decent
Durrell 7 - he’s currently Mr Marmite. Good goal but some poor play on times.
Reckord 6 - put in his standard 2 decent crosses but I don’t remember him doing much more

Angus 5 - wasn’t at the races tonight. Looked tired and leggy
Thomas 6 - won a couple of headers but became isolated. Gets a point for setting up Young for his goal.

Ponticelli )
Harris ) played their parts in an away win but not really on long enough.

It’s difficult to criticise when we’ve won 2-0 away but for most of the 2nd half it looked as if we were inviting Barnet on to us. Anyway onwards and upwards.
Old 9th March 2021, 21.46:34   #2-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Exec box

Default Re: Ratings vs Barnet

Durrell was my man of the match. He may not be a fans favourite but you could not fault his effort tonight and he was our most constructive midfielder. It would be so easy for him to not bother given the criticism aimed his way.
Kelleher was close second. Solid, no fuss, just gets on with it and is the leader of our back 4.
Davies had a decent game but may be better in a more central role where he has the ability to dictate play around him.. a role we have been looking to bring someone in to.
Dibble did all that was asked of him and is growing in confidence.
Hold up play with front 2 was poor with Angus looking somewhat jaded.
A workmanlike, if unexciting win.
Old 9th March 2021, 22.19:58   #3-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Durrell held the middle together ..some sloppy balls but some clever ones too.He was one looking for quick interchanges and to keep ball moving and got in spaces when needed. Young did ok alongside..Both good finishes for goals..
French has a bit of quality about him. Dibble played a part with two important saves.
A generally poor game against a poor side..Still too many long balls..defence held shape again.. thought strikers poor ..
A good away win

Last edited by red under the bed; 9th March 2021 at 22.22:10..
Old 9th March 2021, 22.26:26   #4-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: sainsbury stand

Contracts will not be offered until the end of the season which l think is a good idea , but maybe with Kelleher you could maybe make an exception ? Extremely consistent .
Old 9th March 2021, 22.31:38   #5-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinner View Post
Contracts will not be offered until the end of the season which l think is a good idea , but maybe with Kelleher you could maybe make an exception ? Extremely consistent .
I agree consistent ...though wish his distribution was better . I think French is showing similar solid qualities..The defence seemed to be more shaped with Kelleher ,French and Carra in there
Old 10th March 2021, 07.40:40   #6-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Dibble 7

French 6
Carrington 6
Kelleher 7
Vassell 6
Reckord 6

Young 7
Davies 3
Durrell 3

Dior 2
Thomas 3
Old 10th March 2021, 08.07:06   #7-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Dibble - 6 - Couple of wobbles but nothing to really note, wasn't really tested, made one half decent stop that he would've been disappointed to let past him.

French - 6 - Solid player but RWB isn't his position.
Carrington - 7 - Solid, didn't have a lot to do against a poor side.
Kelleher - 7 - Solid, didn't have a lot to do against a poor side.
Vassell - 7 - Solid, didn't have a lot to do against a poor side.
Reckord - 6 - Hardly saw him, playing too defensively to make an attacking impact and wasn't challenged by the Barnet players.

Young - 7 - Lovely goal, passing was a step above what it has been previously but unfortunately bypassed too often. My MOTM.
Davies - 6 - Started well but far too often bypassed by the defence who opted for hoofball. I guess it worked so I cannot complain too much, but I'd love to see Davies involved in the games more as he is clearly a very talented young player.
Durrell - 7 - My pick of the two goals, not a lot to shout about in the first half but improved in the second. If he comes up with efforts like that more often he'll state more of a claim to be in the first team.

Dior - 5 - Barely saw him.
Thomas - 6 - From what I saw he won more aerial duels than he lost but had no one there with him to pick up the 2nd ball.

Subs - N/A
Old 10th March 2021, 08.53:01   #8-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
Dibble - 6 - Couple of wobbles but nothing to really note, wasn't really tested, made one half decent stop that he would've been disappointed to let past him.

French - 6 - Solid player but RWB isn't his position.
Carrington - 7 - Solid, didn't have a lot to do against a poor side.
Kelleher - 7 - Solid, didn't have a lot to do against a poor side.
Vassell - 7 - Solid, didn't have a lot to do against a poor side.
Reckord - 6 - Hardly saw him, playing too defensively to make an attacking impact and wasn't challenged by the Barnet players.

Young - 7 - Lovely goal, passing was a step above what it has been previously but unfortunately bypassed too often. My MOTM.
Davies - 6 - Started well but far too often bypassed by the defence who opted for hoofball. I guess it worked so I cannot complain too much, but I'd love to see Davies involved in the games more as he is clearly a very talented young player.
Durrell - 7 - My pick of the two goals, not a lot to shout about in the first half but improved in the second. If he comes up with efforts like that more often he'll state more of a claim to be in the first team.

Dior - 5 - Barely saw him.
Thomas - 6 - From what I saw he won more aerial duels than he lost but had no one there with him to pick up the 2nd ball.

Subs - N/A
Can't really argue with any of that. Would probably have put Durrell as 6 (though I am still glad he played instead of Flynn ) .
Regarding Reckord he looks frustrated to me. Many times at throw in's he was looking for a forward run from midfield which we simply do not do.
Old 10th March 2021, 10.52:22   #9-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Thought durrell wasn't all that personally...

Was it kwame that paid the ball off for Luke youngs goal? If so I thought that was a brilliant bit of play.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.00:24.