Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th March 2021, 19.26:03   #28-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Twitter: @

Default Re: Woking threaten squad furlough if FA Trophy "Wembley dream" ends

Lets be honest here. Keates is a terrible manager, this is the poorest league I've seen since we've been down here. We're not going anywhere until he's gone.
Old 27th March 2021, 16.44:09   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Hereford beat Woking 1-0 in FA Trophy semi final, hopefully they don’t stop playing their games as they threatened.
Old 27th March 2021, 16.59:23   #30-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltshire_Red View Post
Hereford beat Woking 1-0 in FA Trophy semi final, hopefully they don’t stop playing their games as they threatened.
Most teams around us beat them although Bromley, Eastleigh and Halifax would benefit by only losing 1 point rather than 3
Posted via mobile theme
Old 27th March 2021, 17.53:00   #31-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
4th until others catch up with games next month, it will show one way or another if they have what it takes to be challengers for a play off spot, it's not down to Keates it's the money, money talks as they say,if they got promoted it's about £10,000 a player,not sure size of squad. The window cleaner and his mops will have their own bonus.
Tit
Old 27th March 2021, 17.59:56   #32-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
If that was the case new owners or not I won't be going to the racecourse if Keates is still manager, that's if covid rules is able to allow fans back in grounds.
Boring!!!!
Old 27th March 2021, 18.42:34   #33-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

If Keates takes us up i am prepared to eat humble pie. He should be given the credit where it’s due, but would still like to see see a change in management at the end of the season as his system is so frustrating.
Old 28th March 2021, 10.01:38   #34-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: The Glyndwr University Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawn star View Post
If Keates takes us up i am prepared to eat humble pie. He should be given the credit where it’s due, but would still like to see see a change in management at the end of the season as his system is so frustrating.
This.

He will have achieved what we have never been able to do with a far less talented team than Saunders/Morrell's team... And given the fans overwhelming distaste for him it would make it an even bigger feat..

I have been very critical of Keates for his tactics and team selection (both seem to be changing for the better).. Last month I was truly concerned following the aldershot defeat and wanted him out desperately. Personally I'm not hung up about the exit to his boyhood club.. On two occasions now he has inherited a terrible team part way through the season and guided us to safety, then in the following season had us sitting in the play offs... Its not insane to say with more money and ridding the clubs chaff he can build on the defensive foundation we have now, bring in more talented/younger strikers and midfielders and make our team pretty formidable...

Ultimately the next month of stacked competitive games will tell us whether our current position is deserved.. But the 10 man draw v Eastleigh and dismantling of Bromley are excellent indicators... Up the town!
Old 28th March 2021, 11.26:07   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

If Woking or indeed anyone else now decide to stop playing, I'd assume it would be treated differently to Dover as Dover had only played 1/3 of their games at the time, whereas Woking are 2/3 through what is now a 42 game season. Surely they'd be told if they pack up now, their current results will stand and they'll subsequently be awarded a loss for each remaining game, effectively relegating them, even if relegation wasn't an automatic punishment.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 28th March 2021, 12.51:51   #36-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT12 Exile View Post
If Woking or indeed anyone else now decide to stop playing, I'd assume it would be treated differently to Dover as Dover had only played 1/3 of their games at the time, whereas Woking are 2/3 through what is now a 42 game season. Surely they'd be told if they pack up now, their current results will stand and they'll subsequently be awarded a loss for each remaining game, effectively relegating them, even if relegation wasn't an automatic punishment.
Posted via mobile theme
I can't see that they could be treated any differently than Dover, because if they were then they would have the easiest appeal victory ever.

In fact, if they don't refuse to play and simply furloughed all their players then, to be consistent, the NL couldn't give them a points deduction next season and only fine them a proportion of the 40k. This would be far better for them than potentially losing money for every game they do play. Their results would have to be expunged like Dover's.

As the season goes on, any team short of the play off places could do the same and chaos would ensue - all brought about by the NL's lack of cahones.

Perhaps now is the time for the season to be null and voided to allow all clubs to save money and reset for next season. (I am not promoting this, just pointing out what a complete and utter mess the League has got themselves into.)

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.22:52.