Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th March 2021, 12.33:35   #1-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Started in MR then The Boys pen and a graduate of The Kop
Twitter: @

Default Andy Gilpin In The Daily Post

I thought this was a really good piece from him in the post yesterday. Very much reflected how I have felt about the team recently

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/uk...exham-20202374
Old 19th March 2021, 13.00:09   #2-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Default Re: Andy Gilpin In The Daily Post

Good piece.

I’m very much still in the I hate this “football” and want the management team changed. But I’m realistic enough to know it won’t happen this season now. And possibly not in turn summer if we get into the playoffs.
Old 19th March 2021, 13.11:35   #3-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

I am certainly not a fan of Keates after the way he left the club for Walsall, after the fans had raised money to help build the budget and in both his spells here some of the football on view has been difficult to watch.

BUT

on both occasions he has come in with the team in a mess, first after Mills and then after Hughes. We will never know if he would have kept us up last season but in the end we didn't go down.

Now after a indifferent start to the season we are in the play off places as we were when Keates left to go to Walsall.

If we stay in the play off places it could be argued that his record is better than any other manager we have had while in this league.

Its a difficult one, i don't think he did right by the club by leaving when he did, his tactics are strange at times and morally I would want him gone at the end of the season.

AGAIN BUT it depends on who we get to replace him and can they get us of out this league.
Old 19th March 2021, 14.02:03   #4-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: The Kop...I wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamandy View Post
Good piece.

I’m very much still in the I hate this “football” and want the management team changed. But I’m realistic enough to know it won’t happen this season now. And possibly not in turn summer if we get into the playoffs.
Devil's Advocate...We get into the play-offs and we lose. Still keep him? Give him another chance with a potentially much improved budget.
He's not the messiah, ideally we need to finish in the top three. Unfortunately I don't think we will, we'll be in the play-offs but will not succeed. I hope against hope that I am wrong.
Old 19th March 2021, 14.07:25   #5-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Started in MR then The Boys pen and a graduate of The Kop

I'm not an advocate for Keats, I think the team have gelled and are putting a shift in for the shirt. There has to me been a big improvement all round. Whether its Keats, the money, the team having gelled I dont know but its the first time for a while I've started to look forward to a game.
Old 19th March 2021, 14.37:08   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

I dont think it's a coincidence that the team's form has improved dramatically since the takeover
Old 19th March 2021, 15.50:27   #7-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightown Brymbo Red View Post
I dont think it's a coincidence that the team's form has improved dramatically since the takeover
I hate to say it, but I agree with this. Whether it's the bonuses or they're fighting for what will probably be one of the best contracts in the league next season we definitely improved when a good financial incentive came into play.
Old 19th March 2021, 16.12:43   #8-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

It seems some are finding it hard to give Keates any credit, but there are other factors other than the take over or bonus scheme recently agreed, such as some stability after a mass recruitment in the summer with players gelling, a settled organised shape, a good run, rather than the stop start Covid affected fixtures early doors and a bit more pace & depth added to the squad in January.

They are a team of no real stars but they are showing a good togetherness.
Old 19th March 2021, 16.23:33   #9-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Good article sums up my thoughts at the moment.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.58:23.