Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th March 2021, 10.57:58   #109-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: New member scheme launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABd View Post
Barcelona have 144k members.

We’ll smash that.
More than a clwb.
Old 30th March 2021, 12.09:34   #110-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony the Red View Post
and I've continued my Trust membership, but I get the feeling that WST has been set up to fail, I honestly hope I'm wrong about this! But in the old days (including a few days ago) the independent supporters groups felt they had beneficial input, even recently to providing a new line painting machine, and good on them, but does anyone feel that our efforts pale into insignificance compared to R&Rs' collateral? R&R bought the club is it also buying the supporters?
Eh? Buying the supporters?

They're just improving the infrastructure of the club and have rightly been applauded for it. Not all changes have been due to their money.

For years, people have complained about the clubshop website. It looks really old and was slow as anything. Whilst the design hasn't changed yet, it's now seemingly on a server that can handle more than 3 people.

For years people have been complaining about the lack of a CEO and real accountability and direction. We've been told we'd have to £50/60k out of the first team budget and those on the board WST/club board were more than capable of the running of the club.

We've spent way more than that per annum on constantly hiring and firing managers/assistants. Insane turnover of players because there's no long-term planning. Money has been spunked away with little to show for it. A CEO wouldn't have appointed Barrow/Newell and had to pay them off (Newell wouldn't leave for free, no chance) a month or so after signing a 2 and a half year deal with the club. We then go on to offer an ex player with a few months managerial experience a 3 year contract. Any semi-reputable CEO would not make these decisions and save the club so much money.

The WST did have a lot of money to spend with the Ward/Taylor/Reid deals, it was just wasted.
Old 30th March 2021, 12.14:51   #111-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

the majority of Wrexham supporters were not trust members, it appears thousands have signed up for the new membership, i have and so have many close relatives, none of us feel like we have been bought, quite the reverse we feel like our club has been saved and we welcome it as do quite a few close friends and never have i heard so many Wrexham supporters say that they will be purchasing season tickets when allowed, this being the main reason for becoming new members, the trust had its chance, in fact more than a fair chance, it did not work out, thats the way some things go, its over R&R are the owners and already changes are being made for the benefit of the club and hence supporters, let the past go
Old 30th March 2021, 15.28:42   #112-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Tech End (ERS!!)

I suppose I should have left the last line out of my second post as its seems to have misled people, but the point I'm trying to make is that acting as a volunteer for the WST, with all the responsibility of running the Racecourse, and extending its "services" into the community, is a far from attractive offer when membership of the Club gives you all the benefits anyone ordinary supporter could want. I honestly cant see why anyone would want to do it, unless the Club can give some direction on how it sees the Trust continuing and it then seems a worthwhile role. Otherwise why not just volunteer for local charities and work directly for them, and just enjoy the ride with the Club?
Old 30th March 2021, 16.42:02   #113-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony the Red View Post
I suppose I should have left the last line out of my second post as its seems to have misled people, but the point I'm trying to make is that acting as a volunteer for the WST, with all the responsibility of running the Racecourse, and extending its "services" into the community, is a far from attractive offer when membership of the Club gives you all the benefits anyone ordinary supporter could want. I honestly cant see why anyone would want to do it, unless the Club can give some direction on how it sees the Trust continuing and it then seems a worthwhile role. Otherwise why not just volunteer for local charities and work directly for them, and just enjoy the ride with the Club?
Club have nothing to do with the WST now. Other than the lease and any trailing activities. I believe the club are now seeking to distance themselves from the WST in the wake of Willygate and other misdemeanours and frankly who can blame them... I believe all remaining access amongst former directors (keys etc) were promptly removed after the latest debacle but more than willing to be corrected on this.
Old 30th March 2021, 18.32:42   #114-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
Club have nothing to do with the WST now. Other than the lease and any trailing activities. I believe the club are now seeking to distance themselves from the WST in the wake of Willygate and other misdemeanours and frankly who can blame them... I believe all remaining access amongst former directors (keys etc) were promptly removed after the latest debacle but more than willing to be corrected on this.
Did R&R agree the Trust keep the Lease with Glyndwr. The club continues to play at the Racecourse, I do not know what financial arrangement there is between the club and the Trust. I for one continue to support the Trust mainly because I and I am sure others are not aware of what happens if the Trust does not fulfil the Lease agreement and the club has no pitch to play on. Is this too simplistic, it may be, but I do not know how else to put it? Have R&R said at all what if anything else the Trust can support the club with? If it does not have a function should I and others just stop paying our contributions?
Old 30th March 2021, 18.36:12   #115-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1954 View Post
Did R&R agree the Trust keep the Lease with Glyndwr. The club continues to play at the Racecourse, I do not know what financial arrangement there is between the club and the Trust. I for one continue to support the Trust mainly because I and I am sure others are not aware of what happens if the Trust does not fulfil the Lease agreement and the club has no pitch to play on. Is this too simplistic, it may be, but I do not know how else to put it? Have R&R said at all what if anything else the Trust can support the club with? If it does not have a function should I and others just stop paying our contributions?
All valid questions... And all ones the trust should answer for members. Some of those members still have decent amounts of money tied up in shares...
Old 31st March 2021, 00.26:53   #116-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1954 View Post
You can find all that info on the emails back from
september or so, however it was agreed R&R pay £115,000 per year to the WST, 100k for the ground and 15k to go towards paying off those with bonds etc, might be wrong on figures but they are definitely paying the ground lease, but are letting the WST (Wrexham assets ltd?) continue to pay via proxy now which is fair enough as it is a good security clause in the contract that R&R couldnt just sell up. As for what happens if it does go back to the WST...lets cross that bridge when we get there...
Old 31st March 2021, 08.20:30   #117-0 (permalink)
-

I hope R&R buy the ground from Glyndwr one day and can make any changes they like to the ground without WST having anything to do do with management of the Racecourse.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.48:13.