Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th March 2021, 16.15:49   #28-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by International View Post
The argument that he was a prolific striker, so should have had more money also doesn't hold much weight...he was no Gary Bennett.
First season 8 goals in 14 matches, 2nd season 10 goals in 38 matches 3rd season 12 goals in 50 matches.
Who ever said he was prolific for us? Morrell was here years barely scoring before he suddenly burst into life one season.

Trundle rightly left us and was then prolific for Swansea.
Old 30th March 2021, 16.21:46   #29-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: Lee Trundle podcast interview

Quote:
So I'll take that as a no, he doesn't mention that Hamilton was in charge at the time.
Not a very happy person are you?
Old 30th March 2021, 16.58:17   #30-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
The argument that he was a prolific striker, so should have had more money also doesn't hold much weight...he was no Gary Bennett.
First season 8 goals in 14 matches, 2nd season 10 goals in 38 matches 3rd season 12 goals in 50 matches.
Did you not see him play? He was one of the main reasons Morrell scored so many in the promotion season.

We should have been building the team around him. Swansea did and went up two divisions before selling him for £1million.

As Wrexham TID says we replaced him with Llewelyn and Armstrong, both of whom earned far more than he was on and weren't anywhere near as effective.

In his final season he was playing alongside Lee Jones who I seem to recall was rumoured to be on 3 times as much as Trundle.
Old 30th March 2021, 17.30:13   #31-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
Great podcast. Some of the team suggestions are laughable though.

If Carlos is a right-back then i'd like Gary Bennett nominated as one of the centre halves.
Cheers for the feedback. We've got Andy Marriott and Phil Hardy in so far so can't be all bad (blame Rhys for the Carlos controversy). We're slightly constrained by the fact that we can only really go for players we've watched in our lifetime, but started to introduce an honourable mentions section at the end. Hopefully that will pay lip service to the reams of decent players who went before them!
Old 30th March 2021, 17.46:04   #32-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

McGregor for me. Solid as a rock and had a rocket shot.

I’m sure Carlos played as an orthodox RB for Ipswich and Milwall. But for us he was definitely either wing back or winger.
Old 31st March 2021, 07.22:09   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
Cheers for the feedback. We've got Andy Marriott and Phil Hardy in so far so can't be all bad (blame Rhys for the Carlos controversy). We're slightly constrained by the fact that we can only really go for players we've watched in our lifetime, but started to introduce an honourable mentions section at the end. Hopefully that will pay lip service to the reams of decent players who went before them!
Yes. i think the honourable mentions section is a good idea. Keep up the good work.

PS - RB should have been Mark McGregor.
Old 31st March 2021, 12.12:32   #34-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
Yes. i think the honourable mentions section is a good idea. Keep up the good work.

PS - RB should have been Mark McGregor.
Carlos controversy?.sorry Cardiff red I meant to ask fezbob.

Last edited by sweet left foot 10; 31st March 2021 at 12.15:37.. Reason: Wrong person
Old 31st March 2021, 12.16:31   #35-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
Carlos controversy?
Old 31st March 2021, 13.01:26   #36-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet left foot 10 View Post
Carlos controversy?
We put him in at right back in our best Wrexham XI - cue the "is he or isn't he a right back?" debate.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.22:13.