RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   WST invites applications for Independent Secretary Position (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/117305-wst-invites-applications-independent-secretary-position.html)

Jaded 2nd April 2021 11.28:44

Re: WST invites applications for Independent Secretary Position

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2455159]Wanting to know the names of people is a little strange.

It doesn’t really matter if the trust is in total disarray, as you say. [B]They/we aren’t really in control of anything now[/B] and most members (me included) won’t be renewing.[/QUOTE]

Aren't they still technically in control of the ground?

Inside Left 2nd April 2021 12.20:21

[QUOTE=Jaded;2455255]Aren't they still technically in control of the ground?[/QUOTE]

Yes the Lease. Has any member of the WST managed to read it yet ?

Omni 2nd April 2021 13.37:45

I think regardless of the shambles that is and was the trust, we need to accept they're going to be around in some form or other for the foreseeable future. Seriously considering applying myself just to save any further embarrassment being placed on the club by their continual failure to abide by their own constitution

TheRealWelshWayne 2nd April 2021 20.59:26

[QUOTE=Jaded;2455255]Aren't they still technically in control of the ground?[/QUOTE]

Technically no. They haven't got quorum to be in control.

In practice, illegally, yes..

crazywelsh 2nd April 2021 21.15:11

[QUOTE=TheRealWelshWayne;2455763]Technically no. They haven't got quorum to be in control.

In practice, illegally, yes..[/QUOTE]

Does the constitution still stand without being owners?

TheRealWelshWayne 3rd April 2021 09.44:30

[QUOTE=crazywelsh;2455766]Does the constitution still stand without being owners?[/QUOTE]

The trust are owners of the company that own the ground.

Yes the rules/constitution still stand.

crazywelsh 3rd April 2021 13.02:00

[QUOTE=TheRealWelshWayne;2455837]The trust are owners of the company that own the ground.

Yes the rules/constitution still stand.[/QUOTE]

The wst should do a count on how many members it has left before any restructuring, if there’s a major reduction the trust itself should adjust.

There’s no point having the same amount of board members when there’s nothing for those people to manage.

The trust are the lease holder, the club pay the rent to the trust who couldn’t uphold their end of the lease without the club paying the rent. They actually own nothing and are literally paying glyndwr what the club pays them.

It doesn’t need a huge board to just do that, I think when details of club membership are published especially any ticket discount the numbers will be around the 400 mark for remaining trust members.

What exactly are any future votes or AGM’s going to cover, what is there really to speak about other than they pay the rent money on the 1st or 31st of the month?

TheRealWelshWayne 3rd April 2021 14.10:17

[QUOTE=crazywelsh;2455879]The wst should do a count on how many members it has left before any restructuring, if there’s a major reduction the trust itself should adjust.

There’s no point having the same amount of board members when there’s nothing for those people to manage.

The trust are the lease holder, the club pay the rent to the trust who couldn’t uphold their end of the lease without the club paying the rent. They actually own nothing and are literally paying glyndwr what the club pays them.

It doesn’t need a huge board to just do that, I think when details of club membership are published especially any ticket discount the numbers will be around the 400 mark for remaining trust members.

What exactly are any future votes or AGM’s going to cover, what is there really to speak about other than they pay the rent money on the 1st or 31st of the month?[/QUOTE]

Rules don't allow that. Unless members put up a resolution, it won't happen.

Do nothing actually cements the current committee's position.

davewilli 3rd April 2021 15.37:32

[QUOTE=TheRealWelshWayne;2455763]Technically no. They haven't got quorum to be in control.

In practice, illegally, yes..[/QUOTE]

I know people are p!$$@d off with how things worked out with fan ownership with some individuals taking the blame, rightly for some of the mistakes. The last time I heard the WST had 2,000 members. All I guess are very loyal Wxm fans who have supported the club through and thick and thin, many going far beyond the average football fan by volunteering, financially over and above buying STs, so the Trust shouldn't be viewed as 'they' but more as 'us'.

Things will obviously change but it's not the members to blame, many went that extra mile in support of their club and with more buy-in possibly could have achieved alot more. What's important now is the role and the need for the Trust to be thrashed out and it's incumbent on members to get things back on an even keel. Anyone not interested should just walk away and stop dwelling on the past and leave it to the fans who are interested or care

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.20:23.