Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd April 2021, 13.37:45   #21-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST invites applications for Independent Secretary Position

I think regardless of the shambles that is and was the trust, we need to accept they're going to be around in some form or other for the foreseeable future. Seriously considering applying myself just to save any further embarrassment being placed on the club by their continual failure to abide by their own constitution
Old 2nd April 2021, 20.59:26   #22-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Aren't they still technically in control of the ground?
Technically no. They haven't got quorum to be in control.

In practice, illegally, yes..
Old 2nd April 2021, 21.15:11   #23-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWelshWayne View Post

Does the constitution still stand without being owners?
Old 3rd April 2021, 09.44:30   #24-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
Does the constitution still stand without being owners?
The trust are owners of the company that own the ground.

Yes the rules/constitution still stand.
Old 3rd April 2021, 13.02:00   #25-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
The trust are owners of the company that own the ground.

Yes the rules/constitution still stand.
The wst should do a count on how many members it has left before any restructuring, if there’s a major reduction the trust itself should adjust.

There’s no point having the same amount of board members when there’s nothing for those people to manage.

The trust are the lease holder, the club pay the rent to the trust who couldn’t uphold their end of the lease without the club paying the rent. They actually own nothing and are literally paying glyndwr what the club pays them.

It doesn’t need a huge board to just do that, I think when details of club membership are published especially any ticket discount the numbers will be around the 400 mark for remaining trust members.

What exactly are any future votes or AGM’s going to cover, what is there really to speak about other than they pay the rent money on the 1st or 31st of the month?
Old 3rd April 2021, 14.10:17   #26-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
The wst should do a count on how many members it has left before any restructuring, if there’s a major reduction the trust itself should adjust.

There’s no point having the same amount of board members when there’s nothing for those people to manage.

The trust are the lease holder, the club pay the rent to the trust who couldn’t uphold their end of the lease without the club paying the rent. They actually own nothing and are literally paying glyndwr what the club pays them.

It doesn’t need a huge board to just do that, I think when details of club membership are published especially any ticket discount the numbers will be around the 400 mark for remaining trust members.

What exactly are any future votes or AGM’s going to cover, what is there really to speak about other than they pay the rent money on the 1st or 31st of the month?
Rules don't allow that. Unless members put up a resolution, it won't happen.

Do nothing actually cements the current committee's position.
Old 3rd April 2021, 15.37:32   #27-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:

I know people are p!$$@d off with how things worked out with fan ownership with some individuals taking the blame, rightly for some of the mistakes. The last time I heard the WST had 2,000 members. All I guess are very loyal Wxm fans who have supported the club through and thick and thin, many going far beyond the average football fan by volunteering, financially over and above buying STs, so the Trust shouldn't be viewed as 'they' but more as 'us'.

Things will obviously change but it's not the members to blame, many went that extra mile in support of their club and with more buy-in possibly could have achieved alot more. What's important now is the role and the need for the Trust to be thrashed out and it's incumbent on members to get things back on an even keel. Anyone not interested should just walk away and stop dwelling on the past and leave it to the fans who are interested or care

Last edited by davewilli; 3rd April 2021 at 15.38:52..
Old 6th April 2021, 09.27:58   #28-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

The trust should in my view become just that. Trustees of the Lease and existing monies.

This role could be held by say a firm of solicitors. We would need a secretary etc to get us to that point, get it voted through and put the Trust on ice.

A vehicle to protect the ground for ever no need for a board etc.

At this point the chair and vice could and should resign. The situation and their handling of it has been abysmal and disrespectful to the many many who have grafted before them.

I like many have watched on in horror as unprofessionalism has reigned a fiduciary duty ignored.
Old 6th April 2021, 11.08:03   #29-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Last board meeting minutes 18th Jan 2021. That alone speaks volumes.
Old 6th April 2021, 13.04:33   #30-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
The trust should in my view become just that. Trustees of the Lease and existing monies.

This role could be held by say a firm of solicitors. We would need a secretary etc to get us to that point, get it voted through and put the Trust on ice.

A vehicle to protect the ground for ever no need for a board etc.

At this point the chair and vice could and should resign. The situation and their handling of it has been abysmal and disrespectful to the many many who have grafted before them.

I like many have watched on in horror as unprofessionalism has reigned a fiduciary duty ignored.
Mostly agree. The scope of the WST can be restricted to managing the lease and possibly funding young fans to both support and play for the club.

The current constitution has been overtaken by events and, due to the nature of the organization, we are in danger of doing nothing when leadership is required to redefine the WST’s purpose, and then create an appropriate constitution the WST members can vote on.

I would have thought we can reduce the personnel to one chairman and 4 or 6 board members.

NB Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obeyance of fools!

Last edited by Prodigal Dragon; 6th April 2021 at 13.07:26..

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.27:42.