Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd April 2021, 07.16:39   #28-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
For months some have been saying on RP that Keates is not up to the job, a few results against teams mainly in the bottom half of the table, and he's become a Messiah to some people,when I believe the majority can see through him,the man's a fraud, not up to the job, and I want him sacked tomorrow, but it won't happen and we are stuck with him until season ends.

Am I right in thinking that most of the "good" results of the last month or so have come in the wake of the £200 per win carrot?
Old 3rd April 2021, 08.34:24   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthinred View Post
Paul Rutherford?
Can wqe prize Him from B&Q
Old 3rd April 2021, 08.45:06   #30-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Life is often unfair, but we just have to get on with it. Injuries happen all the time; and it is too easy to blame Keates for allowing Bickerstaff to go out on loan without a recall. That's a decision he made in good faith at the time.

Keates now has the difficult task of finding a super-fit striker who is unattached and ready to go, whilst also preparing for Monday.

An ex-Premiership striker, who isn't fully fit, could still do a job of scoring goals providing the other players all do the donkey-work.

If the phone-calls come to n'owt, I still think the introduction of Jarvis and Redmond would be better than what we have tried so far.

We will see how flexible Keates is prepared to be to win promotion. He clearly wants promotion, as do we all.

My advice to Keates is: 'Don't start with Durrell; have him on the bench if you must, but he's not fit enough to start'.
Old 3rd April 2021, 09.26:34   #31-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Life is often unfair, but we just have to get on with it. Injuries happen all the time; and it is too easy to blame Keates for allowing Bickerstaff to go out on loan without a recall. That's a decision he made in good faith at the time.

Keates now has the difficult task of finding a super-fit striker who is unattached and ready to go, whilst also preparing for Monday.

An ex-Premiership striker, who isn't fully fit, could still do a job of scoring goals providing the other players all do the donkey-work.

If the phone-calls come to n'owt, I still think the introduction of Jarvis and Redmond would be better than what we have tried so far.

We will see how flexible Keates is prepared to be to win promotion. He clearly wants promotion, as do we all.

My advice to Keates is: 'Don't start with Durrell; have him on the bench if you must, but he's not fit enough to start'.
If Durrell isn't fit how is Redmond who has played half a game all season going tk be fit enough to start straight away?
Posted via mobile theme
Old 3rd April 2021, 12.03:12   #32-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Bickerstaffe is not ready yet for the NL - DK knew this! He is only a sub at Caernarfon! He is not allowed to come back anyway before this season ends! It is all down to DK's recruitment or non-recruitment of strikers in the first place!
Old 3rd April 2021, 12.48:27   #33-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
If Durrell isn't fit how is Redmond who has played half a game all season going tk be fit enough to start straight away?
Posted via mobile theme
We know Durrell isn't fit, and most suspect he isn't a very good player, either.

Redmond is a good player, but his application is often poor. I suspect he needs to be cuddled rather than bollocked to get the best out of him. You are right that his fitness will be unknown due to his lack of games.

So, do we continue with Durrell -- who has been very poor -- or do we change things? Ultimately, that's Keates' call. As we all know, this is a results driven business and, due to our points and games played, we need a result on Monday and against Stockport.

Ideally, we need this mythical superstar, who has been lounging in front of the TV during the COVID-19 lockdown, to dust off his boots and head to the Racecourse to bag himself a shed load of goals to take us to the sunlit uplands. The romantic within me hopes that happens; the realist suggests it ain't going to happen.

So, Durrell or Redmond up front? Redmond gets my vote, and say, 'We believe in you. Now show us what you can do!'
Old 3rd April 2021, 13.27:36   #34-0 (permalink)
Wyn
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post

Ideally, we need this mythical superstar, who has been lounging in front of the TV during the COVID-19 lockdown, to dust off his boots and head to the Racecourse to bag himself a shed load of goals to take us to the sunlit uplands. The romantic within me hopes that happens; the realist suggests it ain't going to happen.
Wes Thomas quit Notts Co in January because of COVID fears allegedly, hardly a mythical superstar but could do a job for us to the end of the season if he is fit enough.
Old 3rd April 2021, 18.10:40   #35-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Yale

You need goalscorers to go up. Keates was captain the last time we failed because of this.

It's done, we make do. It's an opportunity for someone to step up and become a hero.
Old 3rd April 2021, 21.24:40   #36-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

It shows how inept the club has been run before take over, knowing what the rules are, we nearly got caught out with the keeper injuries, it's like Mercedes giving away Hamilton's tyres to the competition only for him to get a puncture with 10 laps to go.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.58:17.