RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Paying the price (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/117325-paying-price.html)

shinner 4th April 2021 13.16:28

Paying the price

Unfortunately l think Dean made mistakes in January.He should have strengthened the squad more with funds made available by the owners . Bickerstaff went on loan and Yusuf had Chesterfield lined up . Another striker was paramount and even more so now , this week and the decisions made will define the season.l think we will drop out of the pack if he doesn't strengthen .

KingBuxton_Forever red 4th April 2021 13.18:03

Re: Paying the price

Its his mistake absolutely. Appreciate Angus and Thomas were firing but we had no alternatives, JP been injured an carrying weight all season

redone 4th April 2021 13.26:01

isnt this what the Keates inept thread was saying

davewilli 4th April 2021 13.46:29

Ultimately DK will have to take the blame if it costs us a place in the play offs but from what we have been told funds were only made available in the last few days of January. It was obvious before then we were a good bet for the play offs and our rivals were strengthening.

Not sure if the Trust could have released funds and although R&R showed good faith in advancing money in advance of the formal takeover, all parties should have made every effort to make funds available early in January.

shinner 4th April 2021 13.54:31

[QUOTE=davewilli;2456024]Ultimately DK will have to take the blame if it costs us a place in the play offs but from what we have been told funds were only made available in the last few days of January. It was obvious before then we were a good bet for the play offs and our rivals were strengthening.

Not sure if the Trust could have released funds and although R&R showed good faith in advancing money in advance of the formal takeover, all parties should have made every effort to make funds available early in January.[/QUOTE]

Exactly if funds were forthcoming action should have happened sooner in the window , we really should have been decisive in the position we were in the League .

Hightown Brymbo Red 4th April 2021 13.58:05

[QUOTE=davewilli;2456024]Ultimately DK will have to take the blame if it costs us a place in the play offs but from what we have been told funds were only made available in the last few days of January. It was obvious before then we were a good bet for the play offs and our rivals were strengthening.

Not sure if the Trust could have released funds and although R&R showed good faith in advancing money in advance of the formal takeover, all parties should have made every effort to make funds available early in January.[/QUOTE]

Bit of a mess really I remember DK saying he had lost out on a couple of signings I believe they were Danny Rowe and Andy Cook. They would have made a hell of a difference
Reason we didnt sign them? Trust had no money to hand over and R and R couldn't be expected to hand over monies before the club was legally theres.
Next season will be very different with the new owners

Redordead 4th April 2021 14.30:51

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2456027]Bit of a mess really I remember DK saying he had lost out on a couple of signings I believe they were Danny Rowe and Andy Cook. They would have made a hell of a difference
Reason we didnt sign them? Trust had no money to hand over and R and R couldn't be expected to hand over monies before the club was legally theres.
Next season will be very different with the new owners[/QUOTE]

All seems to be Keates’ fault.

redknight 4th April 2021 15.38:03

Keates identified who he wanted... It was the powers that be that didn't deliver.
I haven't been a huge keates fan in the past but I don't thi k it was all on him in January window

krux 4th April 2021 15.47:17

[QUOTE=redone;2456019]isnt this what the Keates inept thread was saying[/QUOTE]

Have you not seen the 'keates so inept so we are paying the price' thread?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.28:01.