RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Torquay Verdict (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/117328-torquay-verdict.html)

reded 5th April 2021 20.32:15

Re: Torquay Verdict

[QUOTE=Red day;2456560]Anyone else notice when they took the throw in that led to the goal the thrower was standing on the pitch , how does liner miss that!![/QUOTE]

Yes, never pulled up nowadays

ruthinred 5th April 2021 20.42:35

[QUOTE=Redpensioner;2456619]Two players get injured and we fall like a pack of cards, that should not be the case it's down to poor management because our squad hasn't been good enough from the start, he should have been Humph case from the first of January to have strength in depth.
I just hope the powers above make the right decisions.[/QUOTE]

To put it in perspective , Torquays best player was injured - Ben Whitfield,, Danny Wright half fit, L- Evans goes off injured

It's not just us with injury problems

red under the bed 5th April 2021 22.16:18

[QUOTE=Wiltshire_Red;2456527]Jarvis very disappointing, probably back on the bench Saturday with Ruthers making a return.[/QUOTE]

To be honest he deserves to be back in ..he closed down and asked for the ball in time he was on.
These lads like Jarvis,Angus and Davies should be screaming for the ball to be played into feet ...give and go
Said it after last game but without Harris the midfield would be walked over..He has more than played his part this season and decent game again today..He played balls a couple of times today that others simply didn't read or anticipate..He still puts some important tackles in too
Just disappointing we are still playing long balls to a lone striker who is obviously a wide player more than target man

bowler 6th April 2021 08.24:45

Another defeat coming against Stockport, still Chesterfield to play,I forecast last month we would get 3 points from the April games,so far prediction is on course, this when the team was beating bottom half teams,and fans on here where calling Keates a Messiah,when the truth is this is a bang average bunch with a useless manager, it was always on the cards that the decline would start in April,How fans who only want the best for Wrexham including me,become gullible and fooled by a team and management that obviously is below par for a promotion team. And next season as another non league borefest comes about,I hope there is a clean sweep in the playing staff, and the management team, and fresh faces come through the Racecourse doors. Mainly a manager who has a football brain,and doesn't answer to the name of Look, with ideas to transform the way our football is played with the additional help of cash from our owners to buy the best players available for our league. Then maybe I can again become proud of the Reds.

blackbrookred 6th April 2021 09.01:38

Although we created more chances, we were toothless in front of goal. 1st half tactics in particular were appalling, long ball to Angus, into the wind was madness, dibbles goal kicks weren't even reaching half way. Yet again many of our chances came from us getting the ball down and playing football, but once again Keates refuses to play ball to feet for any length of time in a game.

red under the bed 6th April 2021 10.53:06

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2456674]Although we created more chances, we were toothless in front of goal. 1st half tactics in particular were appalling, long ball to Angus, into the wind was madness, dibbles goal kicks weren't even reaching half way. Yet again many of our chances came from us getting the ball down and playing football, but once again Keates refuses to play ball to feet for any length of time in a game.[/QUOTE]

The first 15/20 mins against Notts County we would have walked this league.Quick pass and movement into feet,one touch...
Yesterday makes no sense whatsoever....As you say long balls into the wind to a lone striker ..
I was more optimistic the tactics had changed ...but going back to one upfront is back to the start...I'll never understand why we take so long to take set pieces or the keeper takes an age to take a kick from hands or on the deck...We wasted plenty of extra seconds killing time yesterday and then paid the almost inevitable price of Torquay stealing it at the end..We were happy for a point at home yesterday when again it was obvious we could have taken all 3
I thought Harris ,Rutherford and Davies actually looked like they cared about getting the points yesterday with some urgency and mainly on the deck..Why can't Keates see that we have played better on the floor...Some of the long ball stuff was sunday league hit and hope

FieldtownRed 6th April 2021 11.00:20

[QUOTE=red under the bed;2456710]The first 15/20 mins against Notts County we would have walked this league.Quick pass and movement into feet,one touch...
Yesterday makes no sense whatsoever....As you say long balls into the wind to a lone striker ..
I was more optimistic the tactics had changed ...but going back to one upfront is back to the start...I'll never understand why we take so long to take set pieces or the keeper takes an age to take a kick from hands or on the deck...We wasted plenty of extra seconds killing time yesterday and then paid the almost inevitable price of Torquay stealing it at the end..We were happy for a point at home yesterday when again it was obvious we could have taken all 3
I thought Harris ,Rutherford and Davies actually looked like they cared about getting the points yesterday with some urgency and mainly on the deck..Why can't Keates see that we have played better on the floor...Some of the long ball stuff was sunday league hit and hope[/QUOTE]

Yep, and surely the conditions should have encouraged us play more shorter balls to feet than the usual hit and hope?

red under the bed 6th April 2021 11.10:47

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2456718]Yep, and surely the conditions should have encouraged us play more shorter balls to feet than the usual hit and hope?[/QUOTE]

Aye, a ridiculous situation of hoping to get through to half time level...as we were constantly hoofing it and giving it back to the opposition...Some of Dibble's kicks couldn't make the halfway line because of the wind...
Madness instruction

Colonel D 7th April 2021 17.35:29

[QUOTE=red under the bed;2456710]The first 15/20 mins against Notts County we would have walked this league.Quick pass and movement into feet,one touch...
I thought Harris ,Rutherford and Davies actually looked like they cared about getting the points yesterday with some urgency and mainly on the deck..Why can't Keates see that we have played better on the floor...Some of the long ball stuff was sunday league hit and hope[/QUOTE]

Margins in football can be very fine.
In the last two games if we had won both 1-0 it would have gone with how much play we had.
However an inability to score , especially in the latter stages of games will be our undoing.
Look at the other teams in the pack at the top snatching late winners or draws when heading for defeat.
2 or 3 of the right players would make us play- off certs next season and 5/7 would make us championship contenders.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.08:27.