Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th April 2021, 11.15:00   #109-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Who goes and who stays ?

Who decides who stays or goes,if as expected Keates is made redundant,not up to him,so a new boss comes in what does he decide,my guess he keeps those on contract and bins the rest,to make way for hopefully some stellar signings.
Old 7th April 2021, 13.05:31   #110-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Used to be the back of the KOP!
Twitter: @@tomtitch

I would keep most of these players and hopefully have a reserve team next season. We can afford it now.

Players I'd let go would be
Durrell
Rutherford
Redmond
Horsfield

I would probably offer Pearson a coaching role, and he wouldnt play much because he looks so slow off the mark, and I wouldnt want him to be our weak link in defence, a bit like Brian Carey was towards the end.

Carra and Jay Harris could be offered a year as squad players.

Other than that the squad seems ok, and doesnt need ripping up, just add 4 or 5 quality players to it and we have a team capable of winning the league. Kelleher, Vassell and French are good enough to play league two, so I cant see why we would let either of them three leave.
Old 7th April 2021, 13.44:28   #111-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
I would keep most of these players and hopefully have a reserve team next season. We can afford it now.

Players I'd let go would be
Durrell
Rutherford
Redmond
Horsfield

I would probably offer Pearson a coaching role, and he wouldnt play much because he looks so slow off the mark, and I wouldnt want him to be our weak link in defence, a bit like Brian Carey was towards the end.

Carra and Jay Harris could be offered a year as squad players.

Other than that the squad seems ok, and doesnt need ripping up, just add 4 or 5 quality players to it and we have a team capable of winning the league. Kelleher, Vassell and French are good enough to play league two, so I cant see why we would let either of them three leave.
we are trying to build a football team,its not a chelsea pensioners branch,why would you give SP a coaching job, theres too much sentiment at this club, get rid!
Old 7th April 2021, 13.58:15   #112-0 (permalink)
-

Totally agree,except those still in contract, I'd get rid of the lot,if they are not good enough to get us promoted this year,why keep any,and I don't rate any of the players really,new broom sweeps clean as they say.
Old 7th April 2021, 15.52:25   #113-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

In my opinion our best two players have been added in January in French and Kelleher.
Personally I would let the rest go and start again.
Our midfield has been weak and I class Jarvis and Davies alongside Redmond - should be class but flatter to deceive. Harris is well past it for a champions team and sorry but so is Young. Durrell is not up to it. The playoffs is a lottery (which we may sneak into still) but we need to be champions so as not to risk another if and but season.
Needless to say we need a proven manager with Pearson nowhere near him.
Old 7th April 2021, 16.19:44   #114-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: The Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
Totally agree,except those still in contract, I'd get rid of the lot,if they are not good enough to get us promoted this year,why keep any,and I don't rate any of the players really,new broom sweeps clean as they say.
agree get rid
Old 7th April 2021, 16.40:53   #115-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Keep list:
Lainton
Kelleher
French
Vassell
Davies
Thomas

50/50:
Carrington
Young
Dior Angus

Get rid:
Pearson - far too slow and been a liability at times this season
Durrell - bad attitude, overweight, lazy
Rutherford
JP
Horsefield
Redmond
Jarvis - wearing gloves in a game played in April. Really?
Rhj
Harris
Reckord - never seen a player at any level 'cross' the ball from so deep
Dibble
Old 7th April 2021, 17.05:05   #116-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai83 View Post
Go on.....
They spoke about the future and will Keates remain at Wrexham.Mark griffiths thinks that Keates has done an excellent job after taking over the job twice when we were a struggling team,his side kick for the afternoon agreed he reminded me of Phil neal that time he agreed with everything Graham taylor said.
Old 7th April 2021, 17.10:03   #117-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Our stated objective for next season is promotion to the EFL; the aim is to have a full stadium, which requires effective and entertaining football.

With that in mind, I remain convinced that Keates and Co cannot fulfil those demanding requirements, and most of our players simply aren't good enough, too. Therefore...

Players Under Contract - Retain

Ponticelli - Season ruined by injury. Needs a rest and a good pre-season to better judge him.

Davies - Not perfect but has improved with games. He is part of the future.

Angus - Asked to do a difficult role when not fully fit and really a wide-man. Has pace and will improve with a good pre-season.

Austin - Not seen him, but seemingly highly thought of.

Bickerstaff - A bit lightweight, but has shown some good control at times. Needs to develop more.

Cleworth - Think he will be very good, albeit may be better at RB than CB due to his size.

Players Out of Contract but Worth an Extension

Jarvis - Clearly like Marmite with RP experts, but I still think he is a good player who has not been developed.

Hall-Johnson - Cannot defend for toffee, and inconsistent when crossing and attacking. Nevertheless, would be a good squad filler.

Kelleher - Lack of genuine pace is the worry, but adequate providing there are quick players around him.

French - Has been a good signing. With a good pre-season I think he'll improve again.

Players Out of Contract to be Released

Lainton - A good keeper, but does not command his 6-yard box and now injury-prone.

Dibble - Not as bad as many claim, but also not good enough to be a permanent No 1.

Pearson - Good captain when he arrived, but his foot injury has exacerbated his slowness. Could be a potential youth coach.

Redmond - Something has gone badly wrong. Needs a break away from Wrexham to reset his career.

Harris - Past his best, with a coaching job at Tranmere now his best option.

Young - Doesn't command the midfield, but will pick up another club in the NL and do a job.

Reckord - Very inconsistent and a poor wing-back.

Durrell - Wasn't very good first-time; seemingly brilliant when elsewhere; has been poor again second-time. Very disappointing!

Rutherford - Gets a lot of undeserved flack, but he is very limited despite his work-rate. But, he has been a good pro who got on with things.

Carrington - He is in the running for my Player of the Season, but he now needs to look at coaching or management. Great guy; would like to see him in our Youth set-up.

Vassell - French is a better option.

Thomas - A poor footballer, albeit he was beginning to show some form alongside Angus. Injury could affect his career, so deserves some financial support from the club, but not a new contract.

Horsfield - His knee injury clearly didn't help, but I suspect he fell out with Keates.

Of the 10 players I would keep, not all would be automatic starters. Keates would certainly not be so ruthless, and a new manager might consider keeping more. However, if we are to meet our objective and aims we need a far better squad of players. That means upheaval, but so be it.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.55:21.