Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th April 2021, 21.03:08   #41-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Who goes and who stays ?

Ahh the classic release the whole squad thread.

At this level out of every 10 signings youd be doing well to get a 60% success rate. You have to keep players like Lainton, Pearson, Young, Vassell etc as theyre more than good enough to win the league at this level.

We need two top quality strikers next season on top of Angus, Thomas, Ponticelli and Bickerstaff.

2/3 - central midfielders and instead of Horsfield we need two attacking full backs that fit the system.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 5th April 2021, 21.08:08   #42-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Id be happy enough if none of them remained. In every position I reckon we can do better.
Old 5th April 2021, 21.20:31   #43-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Id be happy enough if none of them remained. In every position I reckon we can do better.
Clueless - I would keep Vassell, French and Kelleher as my starting 3 CB's but we go with your scenario and release them three and sign the best 3 CB's in league 2. Name me a player who has been 4th choice centre back in any team since we have been relegated to this league that is a better option than Pearson...
Old 5th April 2021, 21.31:05   #44-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Why does anyone want to keep Lainton? Between this season and last he’s been injured more so than played. However decent we think he is he’s not available for about a third of the season with strange nothing injuries and as for Dibble...if he wants to warm the bench on peanuts then let him but he’s not good enough. If no.1 keeper gets injured get a loan keeper in where possible
Old 5th April 2021, 21.33:09   #45-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Bassell brush aka Vassell dearie me always out of position even Bromley sussed him out. Nowhere near good enough
Old 5th April 2021, 21.33:57   #46-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
Why does anyone want to keep Lainton? Between this season and last hes been injured more so than played. However decent we think he is hes not available for about a third of the season with strange nothing injuries and as for Dibble...if he wants to warm the bench on peanuts then let him but hes not good enough. If no.1 keeper gets injured get a loan keeper in where possible

Also didn't Lainton have a poor injury record before joining us? To me it's a medical decision, if we can't be sure about his fitness we need to look elsewhere.
Old 5th April 2021, 21.34:31   #47-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
Why does anyone want to keep Lainton? Between this season and last hes been injured more so than played. However decent we think he is hes not available for about a third of the season with strange nothing injuries and as for Dibble...if he wants to warm the bench on peanuts then let him but hes not good enough. If no.1 keeper gets injured get a loan keeper in where possible
Again just because Lainton is number 1 doesn't mean he needs to be number 1 next season. Release Dibble and bring in a keeper to fight it out with Lainton for the number 1 spot.
Old 5th April 2021, 21.41:05   #48-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

This is something none of us can call.

We don't know who will be managing, whether we'll have a scouting network, whether we'll have a DoF.

We don't know how much money will be thrown at it, so we don't know which shop we'll be shopping in.
Old 5th April 2021, 21.41:18   #49-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
I can understand my viewpoint. I wonder if as Wrexham fans we have lowered our standards to the level that someone like Luke Young looks better than he really is. He is after all part of a midfield that has been very average over the season and offered little support for the forwards. I wouldn't be sad to see him offers another year, but think he is replaceable.

As for Kelleher and Vassell we managed to get them on this seasons wage bill. Assuming next year will be more, why couldn't we do better?
Old 5th April 2021, 21.46:14   #50-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
Cheltenham won this league a few years ago with 18 new players in their squad so I do not believe all this takes time to gel excuses.
Yep and Macc won it at a canter a few seasons ago with a squad put together in about three weeks.

The big who goes and stays is with the management team. If they stay then the majority of this squad stays. if they go i can see a complete clean out.

Said it in another thread though we need much better quality in midfield.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.01:14.