Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th April 2021, 23.21:51   #55-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Twitter: @

Default Re: Who goes and who stays ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREXHAM TID View Post
Clueless - I would keep Vassell, French and Kelleher as my starting 3 CB's but we go with your scenario and release them three and sign the best 3 CB's in league 2. Name me a player who has been 4th choice centre back in any team since we have been relegated to this league that is a better option than Pearson...
What does that prove exactly? They’re all much of a muchness (although Kelleher has been the stand out performer) and I reckon given a healthy budget the club can set their sights a little higher. Instead of rejects from mid/lower League 2 (or conference) clubs, we're competing with these clubs to sign the players they want because we’ll pay them the going rate.

For what it’s worth, I have no issues with our defence. Kelleher has been great and if we kept him I wouldn’t be too disappointed. Depending on the system, we’ll need 4 or 5 centre backs.

I’d also be minded to keep Davies as he covers a few positions and could be a half decent left wing back or left back if we had a decent holding midfielder who’d facilitate pushing the full backs on.
Old 5th April 2021, 23.42:48   #56-0 (permalink)
ABd
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Some of you are still in WST-mode... we'll have a £6 million* budget next season, we'll be getting the best League 1 & 2 players money can buy.

*speculative estimate, for entertainment purposes only
Old 6th April 2021, 06.32:57   #57-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: On my bum

Lainton needs to go he's made out of glass
Old 6th April 2021, 07.25:19   #58-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABd View Post
Some of you are still in WST-mode... we'll have a £6 million* budget next season, we'll be getting the best League 1 & 2 players money can buy.

*speculative estimate, for entertainment purposes only
I dont think we have ever been in this position before so I think it's taking a while for it to sink in for some fans.
The new owners know we are a club ready for rebuilding at all levels and already monies has been spent for that to happen. One area that hasn't had much monies spent as yet is the playing squad I expect the budget to at least double and therefore expect better quality players to sign for us
Old 6th April 2021, 07.33:52   #59-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

I am completely in agreement with those criticising our midfield. I think if we got that area of the pitch right we would be alot better, defense is passable in most positions.
Old 6th April 2021, 07.54:29   #60-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxcrayon View Post
Lainton needs to go he's made out of glass
I'm starting to think like this to be honest. I think he's one of the best in division, if not the best. However, if he's going to miss more games than he plays, he needs to go. Even when he does play, he seems to have the physio on treating him for what looks like a minor collisions.

Maybe that's why clubs in the Football League have not come in for him, because he's certainly talented enough to play higher up.
Old 6th April 2021, 08.14:24   #61-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Under Contract

Davies
Angus
Ponticelli

Not Under Contract Next Season - Keep

Kelleher
Lainton (Though I'd sign another keeper as our number 1 as we cannot rely on Lainton's fitness week in, week out. A third keeper also needed)
Jarvis
French
Hall-Johnson

Not Under Contract Next Season - Jury's Still Out, 11 Games To Play For Contracts

Pearson
Vassell
Reckord
Young
Thomas (Not sure whether we can judge how his injury is progressing by the summer, but if it looks like he can still play at least half of next season I would consider signing him on albeit on a reduced wage)

Not Under Contract Next Season - Release

Redmond
Durrell
Rutherford
Carrington
Dibble
Harris
Horsfield

That leaves a max of 13 players left plus youth players, leaving us room to make a whole new first team worth of signings if need be.
Old 6th April 2021, 08.22:57   #62-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
I am completely in agreement with those criticising our midfield. I think if we got that area of the pitch right we would be alot better, defense is passable in most positions.
I had a go at criticising our midfield a few weeks ago and got blasted by a few on here.
Old 6th April 2021, 08.48:29   #63-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Some of the stuff I have read on here is mad, here is what I think:

Dibble - Keep as No2, made more saves than mistakes
Lainton - Keep, no1

French - Keep, showing promise to be a real CB, he is not a RB or RWB at all.
Pearson - Keep, leader and a threat in the opposition box.
Carrington - Keep and people need to put some respect on his name, very good squad player, comes In and does a job no fuss.
Max Cleworth - Loan, more experience
James Horsfield - Release, NLN standard
Jamie Reckord - 50/50, hard one with him, drops too deep in a LWB role and crossing a ball from open play is a challenge for him.
RHJ - Depends on next seasons formation, we play wing backs again then keep, we play 4 at the back then release as defensively he's not great.
Theo - Keep, solid at the back and a threat in the opposition box
Fiacre Kelleher - Monster at the back, keep.

Paul Rutherford - release, will actually be sad to see him go but lacks that quality now but been a great player for us commitment wise.
Luke Young - Keep, good pro in the middle
Jay Harris - Keep, people say his legs have gone/going yet I would say he is a best player in the middle, we know he loves a yellow but he wins so much and keeps things ticking so much.
Devonte - Release, shame but just did not work.
Dan Jarvis - So much quality but 1/6 games showing it is not good enough so release.
Durrell - Release, I think he challenges hard, fights but is lazy tracking back and this position just like Jarvis you need 10-15 goals and both are short of that in a long way.
Jordan - He has shown the most promise in actually progressing as a player, more confident and effects games, glad he's still contracted for another season.

Dior - contracted but with a full pre season I hope he hits the ground running as he has pace and can finish.
Jord - I would personally loan for first 6 months, make sure he is match fit as for us he is just made of glass, if we want to be a serious team we cant afford this, could be huge for the run in.
Thomas - I would keep, he's progressed as a player, massive injury and will take him time but again could be massive for us this time next year.
Jake - Not seen too much but give him a pre season before deciding if we loan him out again.

Management - From nearly going down last season to being disappointed we might just miss out on the play offs - Lainton & Pearson missing a lot of games, 2 strikers injured in the space of 24 hours and Adi Yussef wanting to leave last day of our transfer window its a lot to deal with. I would say its been tough to watch at times, frustrating but the team has progressed. I think Dean will leave but he has done a job here in bringing us back with something to work with.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.08:43.