RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Who goes and who stays ? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/117331-who-goes-who-stays.html)

no1wrexfan1 5th April 2021 18.01:28

Who goes and who stays ?

As the season is slowly coming to the end, who would you keep and who would you like to move on?

Keep list
Lainton - Been consistently good all season.

Pearson - Proved he can still do it and if his injury is now behind him then easy decision.

Kelleher- very good signing definitely keep.

French - like this lad been very good and plays a couple of positions

Vassell - I think he has been good all season couple of mistakes but 7/10 most weeks.

Young - been very good all season. Keeps us ticking.

Harris - don’t think he should start week in week out but defo keep him for experience and if he can perform like he did today then he will be a key player .

Davies - under contract but would keep anyway lads talented and with better players around him will only get better.

50/50

Rhj- I like the lad but he is a wingback and Not really good enough to be a winger or a defender. With a new manager (probably) will they play 5 at the back ?

Reckord- same as above.

Dior Angus - think he is under contract but still think he has a few questions to answer.

Carrington - never seems to be apart of the 1st eleven at the beginning of the season but always ends up one of the most consistent players come end of the season.

Dibble - been decent as a number 2 but with Rob likely to miss a few games a season with injury would we look for slightly better.

Thomas - before the injury he would be in the keep list but nasty injury and will miss half of next season already .

Jarvis - hasn’t been giving a chance this season. You can’t judge him in a game every now and then.

Get rid

Durrell - league of wales time for durrell unfortunately.

Rutherford - same as Durrell

JP - think he has another year but struggled all season and been given enough chances. 1 goal isn’t enough.

Horsefield - was signed as a squad player he has done ok but time to move on.

Redmond - most frustrating signing probably go on and do really well but hasn’t worked out here.

benwilliams 5th April 2021 18.07:21

Re: Who goes and who stays ?

Controversial but I wouldnt keep Lainton as he is made of glass. I also think we can put sentiment aside and release Pearson unless he is on a low wage

My keep list:

Kelleher
Vassell
French
Davies
Young
Angus
Ponticelli (as under contract but loan him out if he doesn't show up early season)
Thomas (short term deal to see if he can recover fully from the injury)
Hall-Johnson just about though he has gone backwards in recent weeks

Release the rest
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

OneLoveWrexham 5th April 2021 18.10:14

Keep

Kelleher
French
Vassell(ish)
Davies
Jarvis
Angus

Release the rest, they’re either injury prone or just not good enough. We obviously aren’t going up this year so need to be ruthless and carry no passengers.

pricey 5th April 2021 18.14:58

I'd keep Kelleher, Davies and Frenchie.

The rest can do one, with the possible exception of Shaun Pearson as coach.

phil 5th April 2021 18.18:54

keates davies darlington oakes time up they have had more than enough time to turn things around

Colonel D 5th April 2021 18.22:34

If we are serious about going up next season then we can't afford a major clear out again , because look how long it took the team to gel this season ,even if injuries and a delayed takeover severely dented our chances.
Need to keep about a dozen and add 8-10, with decent signings in the transfer window mid season , if necessary

Leighton Red 5th April 2021 18.26:50

Time to be brutal I fear.

Keep:

Kelleher
French
Cleworth
Carrington
Davies
Angus
Bickerstaff

The rest are gone (with a heavy heart Pearson but his time is gone - perhaps a coaching role of some kind...youth team?). Think we are too reliant on Young and playing him sets a tone for the strategy which just won’t get us up. JP, Lainton, Thomas all too injury prone (Thomas will struggle to come back from such a bad injury without some niggles IMO). Wing backs doesn’t work so that’s Rekord and RHJ cooked. Rutherford lacks final product. Jarvis not able to carry despite clear talent. Dibble not commanding enough. Harris legs must go eventually. Vassell in the uncertain camp and isn’t first name on team sheet therefore we can probably find better. Redmond...enough said.

Feel awful doing this when there is still playoffs to play for but without changes we are going to fall short of those I fear

sparky 5th April 2021 18.28:22

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2456569]Keep

Kelleher
French
Vassell(ish)
Davies
Jarvis
Angus

Release the rest, they’re either injury prone or just not good enough. We obviously aren’t going up this year so need to be ruthless and carry no passengers.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this.

Most important people out of the door however are Keates and Co. When does the new chief exec start?

OneLoveWrexham 5th April 2021 18.29:07

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2456575]If we are serious about going up next season then we can't afford a major clear out again , because look how long it took the team to gel this season ,even if injuries and a delayed takeover severely dented our chances.
Need to keep about a dozen and add 8-10, with decent signings in the transfer window mid season , if necessary[/QUOTE]
We need another major clear out, we’ve got way too many average, injury prone losers we need to be ruthless and maximise our budget with quality.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.04:40.