Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th April 2021, 20.27:50   #28-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Default Re: Stockport match ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Yes I dont blame Omotayo at all, not his fault we are desperate for any big striker our straitjacketed rules allow us to bring in
Posted via mobile theme
Me neither . It also not the time to slag off all and sundry that have played for us .
I said in the LMT I gave them all a 4 .
Marsh Brown a 5 maybe considering he was trying to settle into the mess he found himself in !!
Keates will be here till end of season.
Then R& R have a nice clean slate to 'go again with '
Old 10th April 2021, 22.17:05   #29-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit
Twitter: @

I usually enjoy giving ratings and sharing my thoughts in the ratings thread but that game just sucked any ambition to do that for this one out of me.

Nobody in that game got above a 5. I think Dibble was okay (didn't think he was at fault for any of the goals today) and Angus and Marsh-Brown looked like they had potential before the first goal knocked the wind out of our sails.

Dishonourable mention to our defence. French had a stinker and Kelleher wasn't much better. Pearson should walk into the side against Halifax off of the back of the performance today.
Old 10th April 2021, 22.27:40   #30-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lods View Post
I usually enjoy giving ratings and sharing my thoughts in the ratings thread but that game just sucked any ambition to do that for this one out of me.

Nobody in that game got above a 5. I think Dibble was okay (didn't think he was at fault for any of the goals today) and Angus and Marsh-Brown looked like they had potential before the first goal knocked the wind out of our sails.

Dishonourable mention to our defence. French had a stinker and Kelleher wasn't much better. Pearson should walk into the side against Halifax off of the back of the performance today.
Dibble wasn’t at fault for the 1st? My word, yes it wasn’t a glaring error to the eye but it was schoolboy keeping. If he stayed on the line there would be no goal, he came out on a ridiculous angle exposing the whole goal for him to pass it by him surely this is obvious to all who watched
Old 10th April 2021, 22.29:34   #31-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:

He couldn’t of made the goal a bigger target for Reid. F*** me....
Old 10th April 2021, 22.30:38   #32-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Dibble wasn’t at fault for the 1st? My word, yes it wasn’t a glaring error to the eye but it was schoolboy keeping. If he stayed on the line there would be no goal, he came out on a ridiculous angle exposing the whole goal for him to pass it by him surely this is obvious to all who watched
I thought it was French's error - and I like French. The ball bounced awkwardly but he was all at sea and Reid brushed him aside like he wasn't there.
Old 10th April 2021, 22.32:54   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
I thought it was French's error - and I like French. The ball bounced awkwardly but he was all at sea and Reid brushed him aside like he wasn't there.
It was French error and Kelleher before him but Dibble cost us the goal from his ridiculous positioning, he offered him an open goal the only thing he was covering was the side netting and as I said if he stopped where he was no goal.
Old 11th April 2021, 08.37:38   #34-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Ratings as follows....

Dibble 4 : just not good enough in everything he does. Leaves the whole goal empty for the first goal

Hall-Johnson 4 : crossing is woeful, defending is woeful. The challenge that led to the pen was ridiculous

Reckord 3 : a lethargic laboured performance from another who simply isn’t good enough

Carrington 2 : gets caught out far too often at centre-back. Poor defensively and poor with the ball at his feet

Kelleher 4 : poorest game for the side so far. The whole defence looks nervous without Lainton behind them. Really disappointing.

French 4 : I’ve been impressed with french in previous games but played his part in the first goal conceded and looked edgy all game

Davies 4 : still looks like a young player struggling to impose himself in mans football. Clearly has talent but needs to grow up quickly.

Jarvis 2 : I like many others have wanted to see Jarvis start more games. Another who clearly has talent. Unfortunately he hasn’t impressed and quite frankly looked lost yesterday. Not involved and little ambition to get on the ball. Really poor.

Young 4 : huffed and puffed. Tried his best. Sadly his best is nowhere near good enough. Gave the ball away too often and was often chasing shadows. I really think we can do better in the summer.

Dior 3 : not in the game. Another that looked lost. Missing his strike partner Thomas but another non-league journeyman from what I’ve seen. Scored a few nice goals but looks more suited to playing out wide.

Marsh-Brown 4 : did the basic stuff but didn’t trouble Stockport’s defence. Looked like a stranger in the side, which was understandable.

Swiss Player 2 : I don’t really know what to say. Surely we won’t be seeing him again in a Wrexham shirt.

Ruthers 3 : scurried around the field with little influence on the game.

We’ve been long overdue a result and performance like that yesterday. When the pressure is on to pick points up against the better sides we’ve struggled. It’s a lack of quality all over the field that costs us. Keates has assembled a team simply not good enough to win promotion or push into the playoffs. This season will end similar to the one where Davies was left to finish the season whilst he pissed off to Walsall.

Can’t wait for a new season with a new management team and new players...
Old 11th April 2021, 08.44:39   #35-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
It was French error and Kelleher before him but Dibble cost us the goal from his ridiculous positioning, he offered him an open goal the only thing he was covering was the side netting and as I said if he stopped where he was no goal.
It was a ‘comedy of errors’. All 3 played their part but, as you say, Dibble’s (3) positioning was dreadful and he managed to make himself as small as possible. If he hadn’t had the rush of blood to his head, and stayed put, he probably would have saved it.

Once they scored, the tide turned and we just got worse with time.

I know Keates (0) won’t budge, but if we at least abandoned this pointless 3-5-2 we might begin to look and perform better.

I thought Carrington (5) did mostly OK defensively, but his distribution was awful — on a par with Dibble’s.

Hall-Johnson (3) and Reckord (2) were both liabilities, and French (4) and Kelleher (4) struggled badly against a well organized County (7).

Davies (6) was the best midfielder, but again had to do the work of all 3. You could see what Jarvis (4) was trying to do, but it didn’t come off and he blew another chance. Sorry, but if folk think Young (4) is the future, we will be in the NL forevermore.

Up front, Marsh-Brown (5) and Angus (5) started well but then had nothing to work with. Hopefully, better to come on Tuesday.

Omatoyo (3) looks more leaden than golden, but he was no worse than Thomas was before the arrival of Angus.

Ruthers (3) did his party-piece without affecting anything.

All-in-all, we were third best after a false-start. Halifax must be relishing our trip there on Tuesday. I fear another defeat with our little maestro pulling the strings. Sadly, the season is petering out, and these remaining games will be condensed into a 10-minute take between an advert for insurance and one for garbage removal.

Sad, but there we go.
Old 11th April 2021, 09.27:46   #36-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
Ratings as follows....

Dibble 4 : just not good enough in everything he does. Leaves the whole goal empty for the first goal

Hall-Johnson 4 : crossing is woeful, defending is woeful. The challenge that led to the pen was ridiculous

Reckord 3 : a lethargic laboured performance from another who simply isn’t good enough

Carrington 2 : gets caught out far too often at centre-back. Poor defensively and poor with the ball at his feet

Kelleher 4 : poorest game for the side so far. The whole defence looks nervous without Lainton behind them. Really disappointing.

French 4 : I’ve been impressed with french in previous games but played his part in the first goal conceded and looked edgy all game

Davies 4 : still looks like a young player struggling to impose himself in mans football. Clearly has talent but needs to grow up quickly.

Jarvis 2 : I like many others have wanted to see Jarvis start more games. Another who clearly has talent. Unfortunately he hasn’t impressed and quite frankly looked lost yesterday. Not involved and little ambition to get on the ball. Really poor.

Young 4 : huffed and puffed. Tried his best. Sadly his best is nowhere near good enough. Gave the ball away too often and was often chasing shadows. I really think we can do better in the summer.

Dior 3 : not in the game. Another that looked lost. Missing his strike partner Thomas but another non-league journeyman from what I’ve seen. Scored a few nice goals but looks more suited to playing out wide.

Marsh-Brown 4 : did the basic stuff but didn’t trouble Stockport’s defence. Looked like a stranger in the side, which was understandable.

Swiss Player 2 : I don’t really know what to say. Surely we won’t be seeing him again in a Wrexham shirt.

Ruthers 3 : scurried around the field with little influence on the game.

We’ve been long overdue a result and performance like that yesterday. When the pressure is on to pick points up against the better sides we’ve struggled. It’s a lack of quality all over the field that costs us. Keates has assembled a team simply not good enough to win promotion or push into the playoffs. This season will end similar to the one where Davies was left to finish the season whilst he pissed off to Walsall.

Can’t wait for a new season with a new management team and new players...
Agree with all of that apart from Davies.

I feel dreadfully let down by Jarvis. Yes there are mitigating factors but even so, I really expected more from him in these last two games.

Quite how anyone can say Carrington did OK is beyond me.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.44:15.