Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th April 2021, 11.09:48   #37-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)
Twitter: @

Default Re: Stockport match ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
Ratings as follows....

Dibble 4 : just not good enough in everything he does. Leaves the whole goal empty for the first goal

Hall-Johnson 4 : crossing is woeful, defending is woeful. The challenge that led to the pen was ridiculous

Reckord 3 : a lethargic laboured performance from another who simply isn’t good enough

Carrington 2 : gets caught out far too often at centre-back. Poor defensively and poor with the ball at his feet

Kelleher 4 : poorest game for the side so far. The whole defence looks nervous without Lainton behind them. Really disappointing.

French 4 : I’ve been impressed with french in previous games but played his part in the first goal conceded and looked edgy all game

Davies 4 : still looks like a young player struggling to impose himself in mans football. Clearly has talent but needs to grow up quickly.

Jarvis 2 : I like many others have wanted to see Jarvis start more games. Another who clearly has talent. Unfortunately he hasn’t impressed and quite frankly looked lost yesterday. Not involved and little ambition to get on the ball. Really poor.

Young 4 : huffed and puffed. Tried his best. Sadly his best is nowhere near good enough. Gave the ball away too often and was often chasing shadows. I really think we can do better in the summer.

Dior 3 : not in the game. Another that looked lost. Missing his strike partner Thomas but another non-league journeyman from what I’ve seen. Scored a few nice goals but looks more suited to playing out wide.

Marsh-Brown 4 : did the basic stuff but didn’t trouble Stockport’s defence. Looked like a stranger in the side, which was understandable.

Swiss Player 2 : I don’t really know what to say. Surely we won’t be seeing him again in a Wrexham shirt.

Ruthers 3 : scurried around the field with little influence on the game.

We’ve been long overdue a result and performance like that yesterday. When the pressure is on to pick points up against the better sides we’ve struggled. It’s a lack of quality all over the field that costs us. Keates has assembled a team simply not good enough to win promotion or push into the playoffs. This season will end similar to the one where Davies was left to finish the season whilst he pissed off to Walsall.

Can’t wait for a new season with a new management team and new players...
Agree with this.

People defending Dibble for the first goal need to watch it again. Ignoring what happened before it, Reid was given a tap into an empty net, couldn't believe it.
Old 11th April 2021, 11.27:13   #38-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
Agree with this.

People defending Dibble for the first goal need to watch it again. Ignoring what happened before it, Reid was given a tap into an empty net, couldn't believe it.
The fact 2 mistakes led to his mistake is being allowed to water down his error. He closed down the angle with all the skill and stature of a toddler
Posted via mobile theme
Old 11th April 2021, 11.32:46   #39-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

They were all shite. 0
Old 11th April 2021, 11.32:59   #40-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
Ratings as follows....

Dibble 4 : just not good enough in everything he does. Leaves the whole goal empty for the first goal

Hall-Johnson 4 : crossing is woeful, defending is woeful. The challenge that led to the pen was ridiculous

Reckord 3 : a lethargic laboured performance from another who simply isn’t good enough

Carrington 2 : gets caught out far too often at centre-back. Poor defensively and poor with the ball at his feet

Kelleher 4 : poorest game for the side so far. The whole defence looks nervous without Lainton behind them. Really disappointing.

French 4 : I’ve been impressed with french in previous games but played his part in the first goal conceded and looked edgy all game

Davies 4 : still looks like a young player struggling to impose himself in mans football. Clearly has talent but needs to grow up quickly.

Jarvis 2 : I like many others have wanted to see Jarvis start more games. Another who clearly has talent. Unfortunately he hasn’t impressed and quite frankly looked lost yesterday. Not involved and little ambition to get on the ball. Really poor.

Young 4 : huffed and puffed. Tried his best. Sadly his best is nowhere near good enough. Gave the ball away too often and was often chasing shadows. I really think we can do better in the summer.

Dior 3 : not in the game. Another that looked lost. Missing his strike partner Thomas but another non-league journeyman from what I’ve seen. Scored a few nice goals but looks more suited to playing out wide.

Marsh-Brown 4 : did the basic stuff but didn’t trouble Stockport’s defence. Looked like a stranger in the side, which was understandable.

Swiss Player 2 : I don’t really know what to say. Surely we won’t be seeing him again in a Wrexham shirt.

Ruthers 3 : scurried around the field with little influence on the game.

We’ve been long overdue a result and performance like that yesterday. When the pressure is on to pick points up against the better sides we’ve struggled. It’s a lack of quality all over the field that costs us. Keates has assembled a team simply not good enough to win promotion or push into the playoffs. This season will end similar to the one where Davies was left to finish the season whilst he pissed off to Walsall.

Can’t wait for a new season with a new management team and new players...
I would go with that....Maybe Marsh Brown and Davies showed something.
I don't think people can say Jarvis has had it coached out of him...he looks disinterested and spends long periods not even asking for the ball or involved..Then does a step over and fails to beat the first man..
No Harris and the midfield has no bite or control
Old 11th April 2021, 12.41:09   #41-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by red under the bed View Post
I would go with that....Maybe Marsh Brown and Davies showed something.
I don't think people can say Jarvis has had it coached out of him...he looks disinterested and spends long periods not even asking for the ball or involved..Then does a step over and fails to beat the first man..
No Harris and the midfield has no bite or control
We can all throw the Harris’s ‘legs have gone’ argument about but he’s probably the best option we have in midfield. He’s far more mobile than young, gets stuck in and can still move the ball reasonably well.

Davies and Jarvis have linked up well in previous games but against better opposition want too much time on the ball. That’s one of my biggest gripes when we have the ball - we don’t move it quick enough, end up playing backwards and then hoofing it forward. Too many touches before the ball gets shifted. I always feel that the players aren’t allowed to express themselves - they are told to do A or B and that’s it. If C and D are options and you take that option up, you get hauled off for not following instruction.
Old 11th April 2021, 15.04:02   #42-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
The fact 2 mistakes led to his mistake is being allowed to water down his error. He closed down the angle with all the skill and stature of a toddler
Posted via mobile theme
Absolutely. A decent keeper an its no goal an we forget about the other errors.
Old 11th April 2021, 16.51:54   #43-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Dibble wasn’t at fault for the 1st? My word, yes it wasn’t a glaring error to the eye but it was schoolboy keeping. If he stayed on the line there would be no goal, he came out on a ridiculous angle exposing the whole goal for him to pass it by him surely this is obvious to all who watched
That's how I saw it.. Don't like running players down, and Goalkeeping in particular. It's not just about agility, it's making split second decisions as well..... Which is probably his strongest weakness..
Old 11th April 2021, 17.00:06   #44-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
Absolutely. A decent keeper an its no goal an we forget about the other errors.
I'd have to watch it again but I don't think we can blame Dibble for the goal, it was basic defending. Miss the first header like Kelleher does and you are in trouble. Even then French was in front of Reid and favourite to deal with it and shouldn't have allowed Reid near the ball let alone get a shot away.
Old 11th April 2021, 17.35:36   #45-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
I'd have to watch it again but I don't think we can blame Dibble for the goal, it was basic defending. Miss the first header like Kelleher does and you are in trouble. Even then French was in front of Reid and favourite to deal with it and shouldn't have allowed Reid near the ball let alone get a shot away.
Mmm.Not sure you can call if a shot..I think Reed was in a tangle with French, ànd a bit off balance, and just managed to get a foot to the ball....

Anyway..it ended up in the back of the net...On we go to Halifax..Think I'll find something to distract me Tuesday night.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.40:11.