RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Positivity = Next Season (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/117353-positivity-%3D-next-season.html)

JohnnyLyons 10th April 2021 17.08:45

Positivity = Next Season

It’s all good.
Let’s try and look beyond today’s result.
The future for Wrexham Football Club has never - EVER - looked brighter.
This season we write-off. Simple. We make wholesale changes in the summer, including a new manager, and we crack on.
This season we are rubbish. Next season we’ll do just fine.
Like I say, It’s all good.

benwilliams 10th April 2021 17.12:14

Re: Positivity = Next Season

This. I would be more annoyed thinking this was as good as it was ever going to get under the WST downward spiral. Its always darkest before the dawn as they say! I wish we hadn't got into the playoff places at all this season if we were down at the bottom and they announced no relegation the pressure would've been off. Its the hope that kills you!
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

willyheckerslike 10th April 2021 17.13:08

Can't help feeling that not changing the management from day one of the new regime has taken some of the gloss off the takeover and diminished the feel good factor....lost opportunity I would say.

benwilliams 10th April 2021 17.15:42

[QUOTE=willyheckerslike;2458319]Can't help feeling that not changing the management from day one of the new regime has taken some of the gloss off the takeover and diminished the feel good factor....lost opportunity I would say.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this too, our good form until recently with kind fixtures has masked this misstep. Still you can't really blame Ryan and Rob when they aren't football people and dont yet have Fleur in post.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Ooh aah Paskin 10th April 2021 17.16:47

I have pretty much written off this season now. If we still get in the play offs, great.
But I can't see us being good enough over three games to win it if we do.
This summer is certainly going to be interesting.

northwalian dragon 10th April 2021 17.25:30

The gloss has been taken off and the optimism removed by Keates still stinking out the place.

Many hoped they'd come in and clean house. They've come in and backed Keates massively. To many that sounds alarm bells that he might stay longer when he's already overstayed his welcome by 18 months given how many fans didn't want to ever see a Wrexham badge on his chest again

The sooner Keates is gone the sooner we can move away from the massive WST shaped cloud that had weighed the club down for years

Hightown Brymbo Red 10th April 2021 17.27:26

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2458330]The gloss has been taken off and the optimism removed by Keates still stinking out the place.

Many hoped they'd come in and clean house. They've come in and backed Keates massively. To many that sounds alarm bells that he might stay longer when he's already overstayed his welcome by 18 months given how many fans didn't want to ever see a Wrexham badge on his chest again

The sooner Keates is gone the sooner we can move away from the massive WST shaped cloud that had weighed the club down for years[/QUOTE]

Spot on

LMH23 10th April 2021 17.31:11

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2458330]The gloss has been taken off and the optimism removed by Keates still stinking out the place.

The sooner Keates is gone the sooner we can move away from the massive WST shaped cloud that had weighed the club down for years[/QUOTE]

I think they've written off these season as a bonus period. They've thrown a little extra Keates' way to let him prove he's good enough, he's failing as we hit the business end, and now they'll be blameless when they don't renew his contract at the end of the season.

They're all about image. They don't want to come flying in upending everything immediately and risk the season going awry with a new manager who has to deal with this mess of a squad. There's still an optimism about next season being preserved because who knows what's possible this summer?

Funny_Old_Game 10th April 2021 17.33:10

We can’t look forward to anything until Keates and his cronies are shown the door.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.01:11.