RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Student season tickets (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/117550-student-season-tickets.html)

Apathetic 19th May 2021 07.10:15

Student season tickets

I though the WST missed a trick previously by not offering Student discounted season tickets. Especially considering we have a University on site. I really did expect the new owners to have thought about this, especially as they are hoping to fill the stadium. To me it’s a no brainer. I think the Slops even do it. I personally have nothing to gain, but consider it a missed opportunity.
To me, we need to be encouraging the younger generation to attend games as they will be the future supporters (if we ever get back to that ).

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 19th May 2021 09.20:29

Re: Student season tickets

It's not just the younger ones, many later in life become students for lots of reasons who've been very loyal to the club over the years.

Like the op I was hoping for the same.

-luke 19th May 2021 09.50:25

Why don't you email the club and ask if it could be considered as an option

sandyred 19th May 2021 22.44:31

Some people are never happy.
The ground will be full regardless

northwalian dragon 20th May 2021 08.32:04

Agreed. I pushed for it with the WST and the response was something like "if we offer it to students we'll have to offer it to the unemployed too"

Think it's less of a priority now anyway. Back when I was at uni there were loads of people that would have taken in a game if there was a promotional offer

Apathetic 20th May 2021 08.44:28

[QUOTE=sandyred;2469628]Some people are never happy.
The ground will be full regardless[/QUOTE]

Bizarre comment. Yes there probably will be the initial interest/curiosity, however it will then depend on the success of the team to keep the fans coming. Student discount tickets seem to be common with other clubs and I feel we are missing a trick here, especially as the owners are keen to fill the stadium.

I am more than happy with how things are progressing off the pitch. As i said earlier, I have nothing to gain from this suggestion and been a season ticket holder for longer than I can remember.

Really don’t understand the need for your sniping comment.

Back of the Kop 20th May 2021 08.50:26

Students have part time jobs and are funded by the bank of Mum & Dad.

They probably have more disposable income than I do (at 50)

Seriously, maybe it should be considered but I just don't see that a few quid off will be a decision breaker on whether a student attends a football match. If it involves a drinking session they'll be there lol

FieldtownRed 20th May 2021 08.59:15

I'm guessing here but aren't the majority of students at Glyndwr from outside the Wrexham area? Therefore, those that are into football probably support either their local team or a Premier League side. And whilst they're at uni they'll still support that side.

Whilst I was at Uni I had no interest in going to watch the local league side unless they were at home to Wrexham.

I'd imagine the club should look to attract support from permanent rather than transient members of the local community.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 20th May 2021 09.14:06

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2469659]I'm guessing here but aren't the majority of students at Glyndwr from outside the Wrexham area? Therefore, those that are into football probably support either their local team or a Premier League side. And whilst they're at uni they'll still support that side.

Whilst I was at Uni I had no interest in going to watch the local league side unless they were at home to Wrexham.

I'd imagine the club should look to attract support from permanent rather than transient members of the local community.[/QUOTE]

The bulk of students at Glyndwr are from North Wales, usually those who want to go to Uni but circumstances make it difficult to go elsewhere.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.47:32.