Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th May 2021, 09.10:46   #19-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: "Keates Has Earned His Shot at Next Season"

Mark Griffiths is such a nice guy - must have known him 20 years. But why is it that nearly everything he writes, I disagree with? Starting with Gutterman and ending in Keates - we are poles apart. I so hope he is wrong.
Old 20th May 2021, 09.11:07   #20-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshian View Post
If keates is there, I won't be.
Snap
Old 20th May 2021, 09.16:21   #21-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Not for me, I'm afraid. We are still a side who look terrible against our peers. I also don't buy into this "he's forced into playing this brand of football, because of the players at his disposal", his mates keep spouting on podcasts. Could it be he, just can't coach a side any other way, as he is very limited?

If he remains next season, it will end in tears. You can quote me on that.

Last edited by Dai83; 20th May 2021 at 09.18:18..
Old 20th May 2021, 09.23:40   #22-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Surely if he is comparing the Keates and Hughes reigns it is worth noting that Hughes was much closer to automatic promotion than Keates during their first reigns. Note for the record I don't want Keates or Hughes as manager next season!
Old 20th May 2021, 09.29:55   #23-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Its a very unbalanced article. The like for like replacements quoted are odd. How about Harris for Summerfield, Reckord for Jennings, Jeffrey for Mark Harris etc.

Yes the budget is reduced. But by how much in comparison to the budget before the Danny Ward windfall came in? How much did Ricketts have? The WST gambled the clubs future on giving Keates every penny this season. Something we couldn't afford. Let's not forget Keates was given extra money in January last season and a sizable donation this January too. He signed 10 extra players last season and we still didn't improve.

"has very few misses in his transfer portfolio" - Thompson, Garratt, Tyler Reid, Ainge, Massanka twice, James Hurst, Franks, Mackreth, Deverdics, Jeffrey etc. etc.

Also for the 56th time Keates didn't come in and save us from relegation in his first spell. He got worse points per game than Mills that season. Last season we were saved by a pandemic.

Ultimately in a season where many teams have given up with no threat of relegation being outside of the top 10 would be a massive failure. We've done slightly better than that but it's no where near enough to earn another contract. Keates had to really rip up trees in order to get another contract given the fans animosity towards him. He hasn't done it but still has a slim chance to keep his job.

Keates has put himself back in the shop window so it's a win win if they don't renew. Ideally we go up and get another manager in anyway
Old 20th May 2021, 09.36:10   #24-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

I think he will stay. Gone from relegation (nearly) to playoffs without having the big money to spend.
Who else is ready to go with his contacts and experience in non-league. I can see R&R/CEO looking at what he has done without any Walsall episode bias and happily renewing with a topped up budget.

Ultimately we don't have a say. It's out of our hands and we have to suck it up. Once we are back in the ground we can finally let our opinion be known.
Old 20th May 2021, 09.38:33   #25-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand lower tier [Town End]
Twitter: @Hiphiphooray

He is a bang average National League manager, so if that's the level of our ambition then fine.....give him another contract and we will stay as a National league Club for another 13 years. If you think that progression under Keates from relegation contenders last season to edge of plays offs this season is an acceptable level of advancement for a Club like ours then give your head a wobble. Unfortunately he is never going to be the manager that has the tactical ability to guide us up and out of this league and then further up the pyramid and he certainly doesn't have the experience in his backroom staff to help him to do it either.
Old 20th May 2021, 09.45:47   #26-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyheckerslike View Post
He is a bang average National League manager, so if that's the level of our ambition then fine.....give him another contract and we will stay as a National league Club for another 13 years. If you think that progression under Keates from relegation contenders last season to edge of plays offs this season is an acceptable level of advancement for a Club like ours then give your head a wobble. Unfortunately he is never going to be the manager that has the tactical ability to guide us up and out of this league and then further up the pyramid and he certainly doesn't have the experience in his backroom staff to help him to do it either.
Ok, just try not to get too disappointed when he’s given a new contract.

From the outside, to anybody other than Wrexham fans, he’s done a decent job with an average budget. If I was CEO, I would be careful not to upset what is evidence of progression.

I’ve never been Keates in btw.
Old 20th May 2021, 09.48:35   #27-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

If they are mental to offer him a deal then he’ll be gone by October. The crowd will get him out, he’d be long gone if we were in there.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.21:52.