Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th June 2021, 10.34:56   #19-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: CONTRACT NEWS | Devonte Redmond signs new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
I can't see anything in him either, and although he didn't play much last season he played plenty in his first season.

I also don't know what is meant by 'an option for a further year'. it seems to be mentioned with all 1 year contracts, but is unclear whether it is the players option or the clubs
The only thing of note I can remember him doing was the goal against Notts County.
Old 16th June 2021, 10.35:16   #20-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
I can't see anything in him either, and although he didn't play much last season he played plenty in his first season.

I also don't know what is meant by 'an option for a further year'. it seems to be mentioned with all 1 year contracts, but is unclear whether it is the players option or the clubs
I'm guessing there might be a trigger for the extra year i.e. appearances etc.
Old 16th June 2021, 10.35:34   #21-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
I am not convinced that he's earned his chance. Hope he takes it with both hands.
Preferably.His feet..😊
Old 16th June 2021, 10.38:46   #22-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
I am not convinced that he's earned his chance. Hope he takes it with both hands.
I dont think he has at all, but in our new financial circumstances we can probably afford to take a few risks like this. If he never kicks on we can just release him, if he does he has a lot of potential value give his pedigree.
Old 16th June 2021, 10.39:37   #23-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: On my bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Let's face it he's twice the player Rutherford was, but Keates preferred hoofers, he's only 24 and he does have talent, maybe with a new coach who plays proper football and uses the midfield he might get a chance, young players do tend to go through bad patches, Jarvis wasn't the player last season he was the season he joined us... I think as long as the fans stay off his back Redmond could come good, he must know this is his last chance saloon.
Yet ruttherford didn't shy away and always gave 100% clearly the lad has talent but as a fan I'd like to see more effort
Old 16th June 2021, 10.43:58   #24-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Used to be the back of the KOP!
Twitter: @@tomtitch

I'm happy with this. Devonte, when on his game is one of the best footballers at the club, he just need confidence and a manager who believes in him. If our new manager was Graham Alexader, we would be seeing a team built around Devonte for sure. Keates didn't give him the run of games he needed, and next season it will be obvious that Keates was Devontes biggest problem.

For Reed to keep him on, he obviously believes he has been performing in training, and has been probably been scratching his head wondering why the manager hasn't picked him. I wonder if Reed is the reason Keates put Devonte on the bench towards the end of the season? Anyway, Devonte stays and the manager who didn't pick him goes. Let's hope we get a manager in who plays football on the ground and through midfield. All eyes now on manager watch!!!! Exiting times ahead !

Last edited by harrypothead; 16th June 2021 at 10.46:01..
Old 16th June 2021, 10.50:35   #25-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MOLD ROAD STAND

Really enjoyed his interview then too, puts to bed the attitude problems thag people thought he may have. Just seems like he had a massive falling out with Keates for whatever reason.

Also says he’s excited by the players coming in as well as the players already staying? Does he know something or is he just thinking like us that with the money there’s bound to be quality players coming in?
Old 16th June 2021, 10.56:50   #26-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Could be just the precocious talent we need to unlock Conference defences, protected by a Keates/Harris-esque destroyer.

Or could be a gamble that doesn't come off.

In our current circumstances both are fine by me.
Old 16th June 2021, 10.56:53   #27-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamforever16 View Post
Really enjoyed his interview then too, puts to bed the attitude problems thag people thought he may have. Just seems like he had a massive falling out with Keates for whatever reason.

Also says he’s excited by the players coming in as well as the players already staying? Does he know something or is he just thinking like us that with the money there’s bound to be quality players coming in?
I guess we won't know but it doesn't even sound like he fell out with Keates I just suspect DK didn't fancy him. All managers have their favourites and people they feel they can trust (and those they can't). Its a big chance for him now, I thought he came across pretty well in his interview. If he does find form it will be like a new signing.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.59:13.