Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th June 2021, 09.27:57   #10-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Manager with charisma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Could our new manager be Russel Crowe in the guise of Maximus Decimus Meridius?

He has bags of charisma; links with the area; good in front of the camera; and would scare the hell out of any opponents as he waved his Gladius from our new 3G technical area. This would comply with our new bi-lateral deal with Oz, too.

Apologies to my old, Latin teacher at Bromfield:

Dracones mundi Disneyland et unita, salvete!
Main issue there is that he fights his directors and he fights his fans - it's a problem no-one understands!
Old 18th June 2021, 09.40:37   #11-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Anywhere I can get a ticket

Quote:

Can you imagine the interviews:

Reporter: So maximus, 0-0 at home to Halifax with no shot on target can you understand why the fans are frustrated

Maximus: Are you not entertained?

Reporter: Okay, how will you lift the players and fans to get promotion back to the EFL

Maximus: Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled, for you are in League two, and you're already promoted!! Brothers, What we do in the national league echoes in Eternity.
Old 18th June 2021, 10.01:58   #12-0 (permalink)
ABd
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by podders View Post
Can you imagine the interviews:

Reporter: So maximus, 0-0 at home to Halifax with no shot on target can you understand why the fans are frustrated

Maximus: Are you not entertained?

Reporter: Okay, how will you lift the players and fans to get promotion back to the EFL

Maximus: Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled, for you are in League two, and you're already promoted!! Brothers, What we do in the national league echoes in Eternity.
Yeah no obviously as you say, I was the commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius, but look, this is a very different challenge here at Wrexham and one that I relish - it's a great group of lads and we're looking forward to getting started.

Thanks Maximus.

Cheers.
Old 18th June 2021, 10.05:07   #13-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:

He has bags of charisma; links with the area; good in front of the camera; and would scare the hell out of any opponents as he waved his Gladius from our new 3G technical area. This would comply with our new bi-lateral deal with Oz, too.

I like the idea of him coming on pitch at half time, Delia Smith style proclaiming "are you not entertained"

Maximus Decimus Meridius' Red and White Army, whilst something of a mouthful, also works as a chant.

It's on.
Old 18th June 2021, 10.06:45   #14-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

To be honest, I think every manager needs to have charisma. Its a management trait.
Old 18th June 2021, 10.17:24   #15-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Nostalgically The KOP

Quote:

As Russell Crowe has ties to the area this is so on
Old 18th June 2021, 10.38:11   #16-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Sol Campbell has a charisma
Old 18th June 2021, 10.54:51   #17-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Mitsubishi used to make the Carisma and no, it didn't have any...
Old 18th June 2021, 12.17:05   #18-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
To be honest, I think every manager needs to have charisma. Its a management trait.
Bryan Hughes? Dean Keates? David Moyes?

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.50:32.