Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th August 2021, 15.00:33   #19-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Overseas/long distance fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRed View Post
I would love a streaming option
me too.

A 400 mile round trip for me and I was hoping to attend quite a few games this season now that Keates has finally gone but a streaming season ticket would be ace.
Old 9th August 2021, 15.19:33   #20-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: P4 hays

I use hesgoal.com and a vpn sometimes to get footie and rugby games (lions/wales games )
Old 9th August 2021, 15.25:07   #21-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Just putting the reply I got from the Geraint (football secretary) when I asked about streaming this coming season, in case it was missed from the other thread:

Quote:
Hi David,

It is very unlikely that live match streaming will be available now fans are returning to games.

It was only possible because FIFA lifted their ruling about streaming games domestically - that rule has been re-instated.

There is the chance that the National League might get some agreement to midweek fixtures being streamed, but that has not been confirmed - and would involve a great deal of cost to clubs, when we are looking to get people through turnstiles.

Sorry,
Geraint

Geraint Parry
Football Secretary - Ysgrifennydd Pêl-droed

From that reply I think it's very unlikely that streaming of any kind will happen this coming season.
Old 9th August 2021, 19.01:04   #22-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOMac View Post
Just putting the reply I got from the Geraint (football secretary) when I asked about streaming this coming season, in case it was missed from the other thread:

From that reply I think it's very unlikely that streaming of any kind will happen this coming season.
Thanks for that info.

I think the club, indeed all clubs should, at least have a What If contingency in place for a covid impacted winter fixture list….

If crowds are cut or barred at some point next winter if covid becomes a big problem again, then one would think FIFA will again relax their rules, and the club can again explore its options on streaming

Having that option available as an offer to ST Holders in the event of fans being blocked from attending due to covid, then that could at least partially if not fully offset the money that would be lost from having to issue refunds to ST Holders

Just a thought, not saying I’m right.
Old 9th August 2021, 20.34:38   #23-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

given the season ticket sales thus far, streaming fir us can only be a plus, not to mention a new global fan base, maybe could sort something outside the UK
Old 9th August 2021, 20.47:05   #24-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Started in MR then The Boys pen and a graduate of The Kop

Hard to see how it would involve a great deal of cost to clubs when they all recording the match anyway.
Old 12th August 2021, 11.38:51   #25-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Used to be the kop before emmigrating
Twitter: @_honez

This statement from the National League on (lack of) streaming
Quote:
Blocked hours have been in place for many years in England and are permitted by Article 48 of the UEFA Statutes.

The rationale for blocked hours includes:

• To ensure spectators are not deterred from attending matches.

• In parallel to the above, protecting clubs’ revenue generated by gate receipts.

• To protect the interests of football within each national association.

For the avoidance of doubt, clubs are not permitted to broadcast (stream) games on a Saturday between the hours of 14:45 and 17:15, but may record fixtures for later match analysis or highlights purposes.

As a League, we are conscious that there are some Clubs who are keen to continue with the streaming outside of these hours. This is currently not permitted under our commercial agreement with BT, and it is essential that any streaming ensures that it fulfils the commercial agreements with our partners. We are keen to work with BT to identify opportunities that appropriately supports the BT brand and that of our other partners, and we are working on an agreement that allows that to happen.

This will not be in place for the start of the season, and it is important that any agreement supports our partners in the appropriate way, but we will keep you informed as our discussions develop.
FFS.
There’s my season screwed right there.
Old 12th August 2021, 13.25:39   #26-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Unfortunately the TV companies have the various football associations over a barrel, and those of us who live remote to our clubs and were able to watch the games last season due to unusual circumstances now seem to be denied that opportunity.

If clubs charge the same for streaming as paying at the gate, then revenue wise there may be a slight loss due to those streaming not buying refreshments etc, but on the plus side revenue is being gained from those who live too far away to attend.

Surely in these days were technology is an enabler, football should be moving in the same direction.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.34:13.