Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th August 2021, 06.12:45   #37-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ground capacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
As a lifelong fan along with my wife and grandson, I am absolutely amazed with the way things are progressing with the club, but living 2hrs travelling away and working some weekends, we have had to settle on seeing a game when circumstances allowed.
This hasn’t been a problem over the past years as we’ve been able to turn up as and when to watch a game, pay at the turnstiles without issue.
Now it seems that it will be very difficult to watch a game , as the ground will already be mostly full, which is fantastic, but having been there over these dire years in Non-League, watching teams I’ve never heard of mostly, paying entrance money, food and drink, a programme, money in the club shop, Gold bond, WST membership and in every way, apart from being at every game, supporting the club financially x 3 people..to be faced with not being a part of this now is very disheartening. It’s great that new supporters have felt that they want to be a part of this journey…but spare a thought for those of us who have been there over the years who can’t be now.
I dont know if this is viable , But . could you plan ahead , so book tickets as soon available maybe a couple of weeks in advance , why dont you email the club for advice
Old 13th August 2021, 06.17:44   #38-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoWafc View Post
I can empathise with this, I live in the north east so I also couldn’t commit to a season ticket, but I will going as much home and away as possible next season.

In regards to the stadium, we won’t sell 8k season tickets (won’t be far off mind) so there will be some manoeuvre to buy match day tickets online you will just need to ensure you’re very quick off the mark. This situation will change if we get promoted to L2 as I can see us selling the entire ground in ST sales
I dont believe they can do that, a % of seats Must be for general sale , They will have to cap S/T sales once reached the stipulation
Old 13th August 2021, 06.26:47   #39-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: MRS on the X half way

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHYLRED View Post
Would love that, but with segregation it'll be unlikely.
If all matches are all ticket, segregation becomes less of an issue, because you know exactly how many fans are attending
Old 13th August 2021, 06.37:10   #40-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Bamfords/excutive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntobered View Post
If all matches are all ticket, segregation becomes less of an issue, because you know exactly how many fans are attending
I agree, but capacity is around 9,500/10,000 less 1000 for segregation.
Old 13th August 2021, 06.51:25   #41-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given

We need that new kop stand quick,
Old 13th August 2021, 07.07:50   #42-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

Losing 1,000 seats off our capacity to cater for maybe 20 away fans seems idiotic. Is that really the case?
Old 13th August 2021, 09.43:58   #43-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
Losing 1,000 seats off our capacity to cater for maybe 20 away fans seems idiotic. Is that really the case?
taken from rules
10.2 The home Club shall retain all gate receipts. Where a match is declared all ticket the Away Club shall be entitled to 10% of the total number of tickets available or a minimum of 600, whichever is the greater, subject to any stipulation by the relevant safety authority affecting these figures. A reasonable allocation of the total disabled spectator accommodation where appropriate shall be made available to disabled supporters of the Away Club.

I expect all matches will be all ticket.

Club is in a quandry. Makes sense to make the kop for away fans - which will probably have to cater for 1,100-1,200 fans.

Planning will take three months minimum to demolish and be allowed to build something. A retrospect application (ie start now without permission - happens alot in the town centre especially re: change of use) won't be looked on favourably by the grant awarding authorities.

And anyway could you build or renovate (presuming planning can be circumvented) at a profit to fit the extra 1,000 wrexham season tickets... i.e. less than £240k plus vat.

Last edited by TheRealWelshWayne; 13th August 2021 at 09.47:48..
Old 13th August 2021, 10.02:44   #44-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: MRS

If a game is all ticket surely we will have an idea how many away fans are turning up and can reduce the allocation by moving the segregation netting vs the teams with smaller followings?
Old 13th August 2021, 10.07:55   #45-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Bamfords/excutive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_1072 View Post
If a game is all ticket surely we will have an idea how many away fans are turning up and can reduce the allocation by moving the segregation netting vs the teams with smaller followings?
You'd think so, but I think its got something to do with toilets and catering.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.35:07.