RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Szczepaniak signs on (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118069-szczepaniak-signs.html)

Apathetic 19th August 2021 07.09:55

Re: Szczepaniak signs on

[QUOTE=Lods;2501731]In fairness here, Cefn Druids' keeper is Michael 'Carrots' Jones who is also their captain now. They're not dropping him until he retires.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if Carrots was injured then. When Dawid went on loan he played a few games but from highlights I saw made a few clangers so Carrots came back in. They seemed to switch a few times but in the end Dawid seemed to come back to Wrexham. Just hope Butler has seen some potential.

EnglishRed 19th August 2021 07.14:05

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2501695]If Lainton doesn't start Saturday prepare for our usual 1-0 defeat at Solihull.

Only thing that can save us is that we have strikers this season.

But seriously, to be going into the first game with Dibble in goal,a makeshift defence and usual gutless midfield as per last season is really unnacceptable after 9 weeks to get us prepared.[/QUOTE]

If I found myself thinking like this going into our most exciting season in about 15 years I dont think I'd bother. :confused:

krux 19th August 2021 07.19:41

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2501782]If I found myself thinking like this going into our most exciting season in about 15 years I dont think I'd bother. :confused:[/QUOTE]

It is weird though, and frustrating, that we have an absolute superstar upfront, light years ahead of everyone in the league, yet we have a substandard goalkeeper, a makeshift defence and no midfield general.

EnglishRed 19th August 2021 07.57:22

[QUOTE=krux;2501786]It is weird though, and frustrating, that we have an absolute superstar upfront, light years ahead of everyone in the league, yet we have a substandard goalkeeper, a makeshift defence and no midfield general.[/QUOTE]

If Lainton, Brisley and Lennon were fit then we wouldn't have an issue, and I get the point that with the injury records of all three (although Lennons issues are as a result of leg breaks not some sort of inherent problem he has) they were all risks. Id be perfectly comfortable.starting with a back three of Hayden, Lennon and French though.

I'm not a fan of Dibble but I do think as a fan base we rate him so low due to his record under Hughes when he completely went to pieces. He was fine last season when he came into the team.

I agree that to go for the title we need something else in midfield. Dave Jones is a good first step but I am confident we will bring in that number 6 before the window closes.

Ultimately we have the majority of the team who finished 8th last season, with a much enhanced forward line. We also look a lot fitter than last season. I just don't think there is any need to panic, personally.

krux 19th August 2021 08.11:50

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2501795]If Lainton, Brisley and Lennon were fit then we wouldn't have an issue, and I get the point that with the injury records of all three (although Lennons issues are as a result of leg breaks not some sort of inherent problem he has) they were all risks. Id be perfectly comfortable.starting with a back three of Hayden, Lennon and French though.

I'm not a fan of Dibble but I do think as a fan base we rate him so low due to his record under Hughes when he completely went to pieces. He was fine last season when he came into the team.

I agree that to go for the title we need something else in midfield. Dave Jones is a good first step but I am confident we will bring in that number 6 before the window closes.

Ultimately we have the majority of the team who finished 8th last season, with a much enhanced forward line. We also look a lot fitter than last season. I just don't think there is any need to panic, personally.[/QUOTE]

agree with most of this - especially the back three bit, and less so the Dibble bit.

Its just odd we have doubled (?) our budget and Dibble's still and in goal and Reckord is likely to play CB on saturday.

EnglishRed 19th August 2021 08.35:16

[QUOTE=krux;2501800]agree with most of this - especially the back three bit, and less so the Dibble bit.

Its just odd we have doubled (?) our budget and Dibble's still and in goal and Reckord is likely to play CB on saturday.[/QUOTE]

I think that's a fair point.

Also I dont want to misrepresent myself. I'm not a Dibble supporter necessarily. I would have liked us to bring in another keeper, but I'm not surprised we haven't.

Back of the Kop 19th August 2021 08.48:03

[QUOTE=redavid;2501776]your talking utter shit , we are going to lose 1 0 yet we got strikers who can score? wheres your logic ? and who said we have a makeshift defence >? and a Gutless midfield ? what planet are you off .talk about frothers !!![/QUOTE]

My logic is that the defence is reasonably calm if Lainton is there. Confidence in your keeper spreads through the team and vice versa.

With Dibble in goal you're always waiting for a clanger and our midfield that constantly gets outplayed, Mullin and Hyde will be feeding off scraps because we'll just hoof it

The key is a decent keeper and 2 solid quality CM's and they should be in place for game 1. They aren't and that annoys me because we've had the time and certainly the money

Back of the Kop 19th August 2021 08.53:25

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2501782]If I found myself thinking like this going into our most exciting season in about 15 years I dont think I'd bother. :confused:[/QUOTE]

No one is more excited about the potential that this takeover gives us, its absolutely brilliant but I for one will point out when I believe things should have been done better.

We shouldn't be going into the first game with last seasons chronic midfield. That's criminal. What's confusing you about that ?

moynkeepthefaith 19th August 2021 09.03:19

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2501813]No one is more excited about the potential that this takeover gives us, its absolutely brilliant but I for one will point out when I believe things should have been done better.

We shouldn't be going into the first game with last seasons chronic midfield. That's criminal. What's confusing you about that ?[/QUOTE]

Is there no room in your mind for the fact that the existing midfield may just respond better to a manager who actually has a tactical plan ? We have a good manager and assistant - personally I am prepared to see what they do with the team before running for the exit and suggesting defeat at Solihull is a certainty.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.46:17.