Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th August 2021, 07.09:55   #37-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info)

Racecourse Spot: paddock
Twitter: @

Default Re: Szczepaniak signs on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lods View Post
In fairness here, Cefn Druids' keeper is Michael 'Carrots' Jones who is also their captain now. They're not dropping him until he retires.
Not sure if Carrots was injured then. When Dawid went on loan he played a few games but from highlights I saw made a few clangers so Carrots came back in. They seemed to switch a few times but in the end Dawid seemed to come back to Wrexham. Just hope Butler has seen some potential.
Old 19th August 2021, 07.14:05   #38-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
If Lainton doesn't start Saturday prepare for our usual 1-0 defeat at Solihull.

Only thing that can save us is that we have strikers this season.

But seriously, to be going into the first game with Dibble in goal,a makeshift defence and usual gutless midfield as per last season is really unnacceptable after 9 weeks to get us prepared.
If I found myself thinking like this going into our most exciting season in about 15 years I dont think I'd bother.
Old 19th August 2021, 07.19:41   #39-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
If I found myself thinking like this going into our most exciting season in about 15 years I dont think I'd bother.
It is weird though, and frustrating, that we have an absolute superstar upfront, light years ahead of everyone in the league, yet we have a substandard goalkeeper, a makeshift defence and no midfield general.
Old 19th August 2021, 07.57:22   #40-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
It is weird though, and frustrating, that we have an absolute superstar upfront, light years ahead of everyone in the league, yet we have a substandard goalkeeper, a makeshift defence and no midfield general.
If Lainton, Brisley and Lennon were fit then we wouldn't have an issue, and I get the point that with the injury records of all three (although Lennons issues are as a result of leg breaks not some sort of inherent problem he has) they were all risks. Id be perfectly comfortable.starting with a back three of Hayden, Lennon and French though.

I'm not a fan of Dibble but I do think as a fan base we rate him so low due to his record under Hughes when he completely went to pieces. He was fine last season when he came into the team.

I agree that to go for the title we need something else in midfield. Dave Jones is a good first step but I am confident we will bring in that number 6 before the window closes.

Ultimately we have the majority of the team who finished 8th last season, with a much enhanced forward line. We also look a lot fitter than last season. I just don't think there is any need to panic, personally.
Old 19th August 2021, 08.11:50   #41-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
If Lainton, Brisley and Lennon were fit then we wouldn't have an issue, and I get the point that with the injury records of all three (although Lennons issues are as a result of leg breaks not some sort of inherent problem he has) they were all risks. Id be perfectly comfortable.starting with a back three of Hayden, Lennon and French though.

I'm not a fan of Dibble but I do think as a fan base we rate him so low due to his record under Hughes when he completely went to pieces. He was fine last season when he came into the team.

I agree that to go for the title we need something else in midfield. Dave Jones is a good first step but I am confident we will bring in that number 6 before the window closes.

Ultimately we have the majority of the team who finished 8th last season, with a much enhanced forward line. We also look a lot fitter than last season. I just don't think there is any need to panic, personally.
agree with most of this - especially the back three bit, and less so the Dibble bit.

Its just odd we have doubled (?) our budget and Dibble's still and in goal and Reckord is likely to play CB on saturday.
Old 19th August 2021, 08.35:16   #42-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
agree with most of this - especially the back three bit, and less so the Dibble bit.

Its just odd we have doubled (?) our budget and Dibble's still and in goal and Reckord is likely to play CB on saturday.
I think that's a fair point.

Also I dont want to misrepresent myself. I'm not a Dibble supporter necessarily. I would have liked us to bring in another keeper, but I'm not surprised we haven't.
Old 19th August 2021, 08.48:03   #43-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by redavid View Post
your talking utter shit , we are going to lose 1 0 yet we got strikers who can score? wheres your logic ? and who said we have a makeshift defence >? and a Gutless midfield ? what planet are you off .talk about frothers !!!
My logic is that the defence is reasonably calm if Lainton is there. Confidence in your keeper spreads through the team and vice versa.

With Dibble in goal you're always waiting for a clanger and our midfield that constantly gets outplayed, Mullin and Hyde will be feeding off scraps because we'll just hoof it

The key is a decent keeper and 2 solid quality CM's and they should be in place for game 1. They aren't and that annoys me because we've had the time and certainly the money
Old 19th August 2021, 08.53:25   #44-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
No one is more excited about the potential that this takeover gives us, its absolutely brilliant but I for one will point out when I believe things should have been done better.

We shouldn't be going into the first game with last seasons chronic midfield. That's criminal. What's confusing you about that ?
Old 19th August 2021, 09.03:19   #45-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
No one is more excited about the potential that this takeover gives us, its absolutely brilliant but I for one will point out when I believe things should have been done better.

We shouldn't be going into the first game with last seasons chronic midfield. That's criminal. What's confusing you about that ?
Is there no room in your mind for the fact that the existing midfield may just respond better to a manager who actually has a tactical plan ? We have a good manager and assistant - personally I am prepared to see what they do with the team before running for the exit and suggesting defeat at Solihull is a certainty.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.24:17.