RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   BT Sport (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118091-bt-sport.html)

redman2014 22nd August 2021 08.55:04

BT Sport

I think if we had Messi, Ronaldo, Pele, Charlton, Best and Gary Bennett in the same team - BT Sport and its 'pundits' still wouldn't fancy us.

:)

fezbob 22nd August 2021 08.58:01

Re: BT Sport

I watched the highlights show last night and they were pretty much saying the same as our supporters ie that we’re a few bodies short but should be challenging.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

EnglishRed 22nd August 2021 09.02:16

I think they were being pretty fair, that we need a few more signings.

That said Adam Virgo seems to absolutely love Chesterfield and keeps going on about what an amazing squad they have, and I just can't see it. They have a decent midfield and good forward options (if Asante gets over his Injury and if Rowe can be bothered) but their defence is very ordinary. There is very little to choose from the top 3 or 4 teams, and a whole host of teams like Dagenham and Solihull who will be in the mix this year, as far as I can see.

sionwxm 22nd August 2021 09.04:17

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2503224]I think they were being pretty fair, that we need a few more signings.

That said Adam Virgo seems to absolutely love Chesterfield and keeps going on about what an amazing squad they have, and I just can't see it. They have a decent midfield and good forward options (if Asante gets over his Injury and if Rowe can be bothered) but their defence is very ordinary. There is very little to choose from the top 3 or 4 teams, and a whole host of teams like Dagenham and Solihull who will be in the mix this year, as far as I can see.[/QUOTE]

It’s a very competitive league this season that’s for sure. Probably the most competitive since we’ve been down here. Compare it to the season Macclesfield won promotion and it seems a lot tougher.

Foxy 22nd August 2021 09.16:35

[QUOTE=redman2014;2503222]I think if we had Messi, Ronaldo, Pele, Charlton, Best and Gary Bennett in the same team - BT Sport and its 'pundits' still wouldn't fancy us.

:)[/QUOTE]

They always predict our season pretty accurately though.

Sean Reckless 22nd August 2021 09.31:44

[QUOTE=fezbob;2503223]I watched the highlights show last night and they were pretty much saying the same as our supporters ie that we’re a few bodies short but should be challenging.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I'd agree with this. Also Virgo practically wetting himself at Chesterfield's squad, is it that good?

Pieman 22nd August 2021 09.33:33

Does anyone fancy us to win the league? Playoffs perhaps if all goes well with injuries and lady luck is what most i speak to are saying. It is the first window and the team is better already given individuals like Hayden and Mullin are here. A midfielder of those two's quality and it will be better still. Very much a work in progress situation here but we have the ownere and management now to make things happen but its not going to happen over night

Percy Sugden 22nd August 2021 09.42:12

On the recent podcast, Adam Virgo tipped Chesterfield and backed-up this up quite well. He also summed us up quite well. All the ex league teams down in tinpot land think they’re the biggest team and expect promotion… that’s why there’s always a negative reaction from fans when someone chucks in an element of realism.

Conwy Rebel 22nd August 2021 10.12:19

Yes I fancy Wrexham to win this league. PP is an excellent mgr with a great team. We will bring in some new and stronger players in the right areas and R&R will allocate cash accordingly. There is a bigger picture here than just us - the reputations of major global stars is also at stake so much more cash is available.!!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.33:36.