RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Transfer rumours summer 2021 (Part 6!) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118138-transfer-rumours-summer-2021-part-6-a.html)

Ludlowred 28th August 2021 01.20:08

Transfer rumours summer 2021 (Part 6!)

Unless we get a rwb in on loan, I reckon we are done for the window now.

What a transfer window though.

Also looks like Tozer is taking the number 6 shirt according to the club website.

sparky 28th August 2021 05.52:21

Re: Transfer rumours summer 2021 (Part 5!)

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2506239]I thought the club was projected to lose hundreds of thousands of pounds come this summer? Something tells me whatever was in the club's coffers wasn't very much. If anything.[/QUOTE]

Yep. That last P and L they did was scary. Anyway, thankfully all water under the bridge now.

Back of the Kop 28th August 2021 05.55:24

[QUOTE=Ludlowred;2506261]Unless we get a rwb in on loan, I reckon we are done for the window now.

What a transfer window though.

Also looks like Tozer is taking the number 6 shirt according to the club website.[/QUOTE]

PP stated he wanted another 2 or 3 before BT came in so expecting at least 2 more.

We are still light in midfield, as you say we may also opt for a RWB on loan and if I was being greedy I'd want another striker as back up for Mullin and Hyde with the transfer window restrictions handicapping us

Back of the Kop 28th August 2021 05.59:58

[QUOTE=NorwegianRed;2506251]Agreed, if TikTok are paying the reported £1.2M, Aviation Gin must be paying £0.5M at least. I know they’re only sleeve sponsors, but more crucially they’re training kit front of shirt sponsor. That will get a huge amount of air time in the documentary. Expedia on the back has to be 6 figures too. Probably similar for Wrexham Lager’s stand sponsorship. Electronic and fixed advertising boards around the ground must be paying many times more than in previous years now. I believe BT are covering more games so that’s more money (comparatively little but still something).
And yes, season tickets, merchandise is selling out straight away etc etc

Filthy. Rich.[/QUOTE]

Tik Tok was £2.1m over 2 years ($3m basically, hence the strange number in GBP)

With that in mind you'd think Aviation have paid close on £1m for the same period as they also sponsor all the training kit

Brinster 28th August 2021 08.12:40

Never mind all this financial talk on this thread, who is the next big name coming in is all we want to know?

Gwersyllt-Robin 28th August 2021 08.18:31

[QUOTE=Brinster;2506300]Never mind all this financial talk on this thread, who is the next big name coming in is all we want to know?[/QUOTE]

Some Guy?

Brinster 28th August 2021 08.24:09

[QUOTE=Gwersyllt-Robin;2506305]Some Guy?[/QUOTE]

Did you really mean to say some guy from Carlisle but hit the send button too soon? I'm not sure we have pumped up enough extra oil to be able to afford him.:)

harrypothead 28th August 2021 08.29:06

Hopefully a defensive midfielder in next, would be nice to see a right wing back too, who could play as a winger if needed.

We definitely need that player who will sit between the defence and midfield, who can do the dirty work and also control the game by making things happen when on the ball. A Wedgebury, Helsop type of player but obviously league one standard.

Travis Bickle 28th August 2021 08.30:15

An extra wide player ( not extra-wide ) would come in useful.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.02:17.