Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd September 2021, 11.26:06   #109-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Southend Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown View Post
Ordered a ticket for my mate on Wednesday morning and it hasn’t turned up today so presume it’s not going to get here on time. Anyone else in the same boat?
Yes, I ordered four tickets on Monday night, they still haven't turned up in the post. Our postie is usually around at about 1pm, so I'm in the last chance saloon.

I live in Hertfordshire, so there won't be time to wait in for tomorrow's post before setting off for the game.

Print at home option would have solved this in seconds.
Old 3rd September 2021, 11.33:38   #110-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexpress View Post
Yes, I ordered four tickets on Monday night, they still haven't turned up in the post. Our postie is usually around at about 1pm, so I'm in the last chance saloon.

I live in Hertfordshire, so there won't be time to wait in for tomorrow's post before setting off for the game.

Print at home option would have solved this in seconds.
As an exile I feel your pain - postal tickets with such a short turnaround time from date of availability are a recipe for disaster.

If postie doesn't deliver I'd be on to the club in your shoes asking for a full refund.

As a Plan B you can now pay on the day as per https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/20...d-united-away/ "supporters can pick up tickets on the day from the north-east corner of the stadium where a Collection Point Ticket Office is situated at Roots Hall."
Old 3rd September 2021, 11.52:43   #111-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: any I can get !!

One of the fortunate ones as I received my tickets on Wed. looks like you can sort it at the ground tomorrow though, I'd def. take proof of e-mail payment confirmation
Old 3rd September 2021, 12.09:39   #112-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Same boat. Ordered tickets on Monday night (an hour later than they were advertised as going on sale) and they haven't shown up. I'll be well on the road by the time they arrive tomorrow, if they even do.

Really pissed off to be honest. Why were these put on sale on Monday (effectively Tuesday by the time they could have been posted) for a Saturday game? Why wasn't I asked to pay postage which I'd have happily done to ensure they got here on time?

Tried ringing the club numerous times to see what can be done but nobody ever answers. I'll just swallow the loss and pay on the gate.

Add this to the long list of problems we've had over the last few weeks. Fleur, pull your finger out!
Old 3rd September 2021, 12.10:58   #113-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenbighRed View Post
Same boat. Ordered tickets on Monday night (an hour later than they were advertised as going on sale) and they haven't shown up. I'll be well on the road by the time they arrive tomorrow, if they even do.

Really pissed off to be honest. Why were these put on sale on Monday (effectively Tuesday by the time they could have been posted) for a Saturday game? Why wasn't I asked to pay postage which I'd have happily done to ensure they got here on time?

Tried ringing the club numerous times to see what can be done but nobody ever answers. I'll just swallow the loss and pay on the gate.

Add this to the long list of problems we've had over the last few weeks. Fleur, pull your finger out!
They're doing collection at Southend for those who haven't had them sent out. Picked one up for a mate today and the staff told us that.

I'm assuming we'll communicate that soon.
Old 3rd September 2021, 12.59:20   #114-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenbighRed View Post

I have to say I'm surprised with the poor administration of ticket sales we've seen so far. Luckily my tickets have arrived in the post but I was sweating. When I bought online I presumed they'd be print at home. It was only after the purchase I realised they were being posted.

I did try and call the club shop to ask if I could collect but the phone rings out before diverting to a full mailbox.

You wouldn't expect this level of service from your local shop let alone a business turning over 7 figures.

When they can't even provide a phone line that's picked up, that's shambolic.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 3rd September 2021, 12.59:55   #115-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Postie just came and went, still no tickets, so I called the club shop.

They said my tickets are still at the Racecourse – they were initially going to send them out as Ticketmaster stated in the order confirmation, but then thought better of it given the time constraints.

They will be set up next to Southend's ticket office tomorrow for our fans to collect.

It's a relief to know the tickets aren't down the back of a sofa at the sorting office, but a bit of communication on this when the decision was made would have stopped me stalking the postman and sulking all week.

Club shop staff absolutely lovely btw, not their fault, just a bit of a comms oversight.

So long as we can all get in tomorrow and get behind the lads, that's all that matters. Up the Town.
Old 3rd September 2021, 13.01:29   #116-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

They said my tickets are still at the Racecourse – they were initially going to send them out as Ticketmaster stated in the order confirmation, but then thought better of it given the time constraints.

They will be set up next to Southend's ticket office tomorrow for our fans to collect.

It's a relief to know the tickets aren't down the back of a sofa at the sorting office, but a bit of communication on this when the decision was made would have stopped me stalking the postman and sulking all week.

Club shop staff absolutely lovely btw, not their fault, just a bit of a comms oversight.

So long as we can all get in tomorrow and get behind the lads, that's all that matters. Up the Town.
Good to hear they are actually answering the phone today.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 3rd September 2021, 13.34:05   #117-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Quote:

Good to hear but I wouldn't be surprised if a few have bought tickets to collect down there as they have assumed their original tickets have been lost in the post/late.

Really need to be doing better communication wise. It shouldn't take fans phoning up to find out what's going on.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.35:17.