Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd September 2021, 13.43:19   #118-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale, Town End
Twitter: @

Default Re: Southend Away

Same as some others - eventually managed to buy a couple of tickets on Weds for the Southend game to be advised in the order confirmation they'll be sent to me in the post.

Friday afternoon - postie been and gone. No footie tickets.
Don't expect them to arrive in time tomorrow.

Thinking they might not arrive in time, I contacted Southend by email yesterday to see if they'd allow access based on a print out of the order.
They replied to say they won't allow anyone access without a valid ticket.

They did advise getting in touch with the Wrexham ticket office to make sure our tickets are re-printed for the Wrexham media team to bring with them tomorrow. They'll then be available for collection from their North Stand Collection point. I believe this will be off the Fairfax Drive access road to the ground.

I've tried calling the club but no answer, and the message service is full, so unable to leave a message. I therefore sent an email and awaiting a reply. Hopefully, they've decided to keep hold of the originals or they'll re-print them to bring with them for collection.

If they're not there for collection tomorrow, I'll have to pay on the gate for a second pair of tickets.

Not a happy bunny!

COYR!!
Old 3rd September 2021, 13.46:57   #119-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
They're doing collection at Southend for those who haven't had them sent out. Picked one up for a mate today and the staff told us that.

I'm assuming we'll communicate that soon.
The way things are going, that's an optimistic assumption!
Old 3rd September 2021, 13.56:55   #120-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITYAMMFSWC View Post
Same as some others - eventually managed to buy a couple of tickets on Weds for the Southend game to be advised in the order confirmation they'll be sent to me in the post.

Thinking they might not arrive in time, I contacted Southend by email yesterday to see if they'd allow access based on a print out of the order.

They did advise getting in touch with the Wrexham ticket office to make sure our tickets are re-printed for the Wrexham media team to bring with them tomorrow. They'll then be available for collection from their North Stand Collection point. I believe this will be off the Fairfax Drive access road to the ground.

I've tried calling the club but no answer, and the message service is full, so unable to leave a message. I therefore sent an email and awaiting a reply. Hopefully, they've decided to keep hold of the originals or they'll re-print them to bring with them for collection.

If they're not there for collection tomorrow, I'll have to pay on the gate for a second pair of tickets.

Not a happy bunny!

COYR!!
Another absolute shambles.

You would think that they'd be some some of contingency in place working in partnership with Southend but that doesn't seem to be the case. The result may be a lot of very angry people.

You shouldn't have to pay on the gate again but I can see people having to do this - its a long way to go to get refused entry due to an admin blunder.
Old 3rd September 2021, 15.11:52   #121-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @mikesutto

Tickets by post only in 2021 is just not good enough; all the rest of it is detail.

If clubs like Dagenham and Solihull can send out e-tickets to phones or do print at home tickets it's a complete shambles we are still operating like this especially with how bad the postal service is in the UK.
Old 3rd September 2021, 15.47:21   #122-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: any I can get !!

Weather forecast looking half decent for tomorrow by the seaside, those pubs are gonna look great packed out with "tik-tok" shirts, safe journey down Sarf everyone
COYR
Old 3rd September 2021, 16.15:31   #123-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelps View Post
Tickets by post only in 2021 is just not good enough; all the rest of it is detail.

If clubs like Dagenham and Solihull can send out e-tickets to phones or do print at home tickets it's a complete shambles we are still operating like this especially with how bad the postal service is in the UK.
It’s a Southend home match..Sorry but you can’t blame WFC for this one.
Old 3rd September 2021, 16.41:55   #124-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
It’s a Southend home match..Sorry but you can’t blame WFC for this one.
If they’ve sent them to us to sell, surely we choose stuff like whether to post out or get them collected? Seems like we could have given people the choice between collecting from the club shop, picking them up at Southend, or paying for quick delivery? And the lack of communication is surely a Wrexham issue, not a Southend one?
Old 3rd September 2021, 16.53:23   #125-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITYAMMFSWC View Post

Not a happy bunny!

COYR!!

Same here, but I also sent an urgent email to the club and got a call back just now from Geriant.
He said the tickets would be taken down tomorrow for collection at Southend as you detailed above.
I have no proof of purchase as I paid over the phone on Wednesday due to the ordering problems.
The advice is to take some form of ID a credit card with your name on should be sufficient.
Should be a good turnout again tomorrow - COYR!
Old 3rd September 2021, 17.08:14   #126-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale, Town End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alterego View Post
Same here, but I also sent an urgent email to the club and got a call back just now from Geriant.
He said the tickets would be taken down tomorrow for collection at Southend as you detailed above.
I have no proof of purchase as I paid over the phone on Wednesday due to the ordering problems.
The advice is to take some form of ID a credit card with your name on should be sufficient.
Should be a good turnout again tomorrow - COYR!
Just finished work and seen a reply email from Geraint.

It said tickets purchased after Tuesday were held on to for collection from the Racecourse. Any not collected by this evening will be taken to Southend tomorrow for collection.

So now expecting my tickets to be in the batch for collection. I'll take some ID and a print off of the order with me.

Suspect a few fans might not be aware of this, and are under the impression their tickets are still in the post.

COYR!!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.26:00.